1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scubaroo

Scorelines only effect will be morale, it just shows the issues every person already knew.
    I expect to see some signings this week, preferably ones already in the UK, so they can get drilled in the game plan and get in the starting line up. (Though I think anyone could just walk in its that bad)
    2nd half lacked energy going forward but of course it would with Griffiths and rogic on, they don't exude energy. Forrest 2nd choice atm.
    Bain and Barkas, I watch the a-league week in week out and I rarely see such poor keeping (except when Liam Reddy going into the Reddy Zone).

Moore and seanm like this.
  2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Are you suggesting it's the manager's fault we have no personal for even a SPL team?

3. Maestro 08

Yeah we are short but we have always got fired up for Prem teams, friendlies or not. Managers always have us out there proving a point against them bcos they look down their nose. Postecoglou had them out there fannying about. Throwing bodies forward, then one punt up the park and they are 3 on 2 against us!! that's just * poor. Throw in on the half way line for their 5th...guy picks it up with zero Celtic shirts around him and runs the width of the pitch untackled. Pish.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  4. Maestro 08

Nah his tactics were * and naive. Amateurish in fact.

5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Maybe to show those in charge he isn't the only one that doesn't want him here in a game where its impact is relatively minimal?

seanm likes this.
  6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No doubt the board have watched the recent performances of Welsh and Murray and thought they might get away with not having to shell out any more money on centre backs, think again. With both full back positions desperately needing strengthened our defence is a mess right now, no surprises to see us concede 6 goals today. We all know it, Big Ange knows it....the board need to act now or our season will be over before its begun, no team can be successful with a defence like that including of course the goalkeeping travesty.

seanm likes this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Was there a lot of boos etc when Griffiths came on?

seanm likes this.
  8. wulliebad

We have been saying that every season we got humped out of Europe for the last 5-10 years.....You need to remove DD.
    We have signed a few already but still going to need a new back line and a keeper and that's not happening any time soon unless eddy nets us the 20 million plus. But then we have to add a striker or maybe 2.

seanm likes this.
  9. wulliebad

Think they were talking about one of the WH players going for 100 million....the gulf is scary and they only managed 6th last season.

Lebo and seanm like this.
  10. wulliebad

Few,but when the others realised what was going on he was getting as much cheers as boos.....bit divided i would say.

seanm likes this.
  11. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :56:It's a friendly after all. What do you want ? Parking the bus? There's no point to play defensive with the players we have. You can do that when it matters in competitive games. But to play negative football in a friendly would be embarassing.

Lebo and rickyroma25 like this.
  12. AussieGreek

To be fair, Australian goalkeepers are extremely underrated.

13. Maestro 08

Glad ur amused at that * show. So he knows his backline is * and likely to get exposed so he decides to leave it wide open all game. It's called game management and he managed it hopelessly. Doesn't auger well tbh. Keep laughing tho.

TO Hooper likes this.
  14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I’d say about 8,536 boos. :39:

15. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Aye he should have shored up....
    parked the bus...
    It's a friendly ff's. We have two young centre backs against PL strikers....That's not the managers fault

16. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Every single person who cheers Griffiths can * off and play on the M8

Ask yourself, would you be cheering him if that was your 15 year old daughter?

Get him to * and erase him from our history books

Stood by that * too long.

Bayern Bru and eddiemcd1888 like this.
  17. Lecs

I'd like to see us sign some experience, and not overpaid arrogant * from the EPL like Duffy, Ljunberg, Senderos, Barton and all the other arseholes who swaggered up to Scotland and left in a whimper.

I just see lost wee boys out there when I watch Celtic defending, the goalkeeper should be offloaded immediately.

We need experience, competence and leadership.

I worry about us going away to places like Tynecastle, Easter Road and Pittodrie with that squad.

I hope the manager gets players in and quickly.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  18. Heb Celt

Was 50/50 and kept going with every corner he took.Should’ve been punted long time ago.

19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Think a game against a team like this exactly what we needed, friendly s v second rate pish like Bristol city 2nd team and the likes doesn’t really prove anything apart from fitness, playing a good team in a friendly shows up your frailties and Inour case how badly defenders are needed more now than ever,

Lebo likes this.
  20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The fact is he was out of order messaging another woman. He didn't know she was 15 and neither would anyone else. She had photos of herself in her underwear that's not really a thing 15 year olds do.

He was investigated and found to have done nothing wrong.

Artorias, DEADEYECFC and Noskeil like this.