1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What also bothers me, is how we practically gifted them two goals.

Kent totally unmarked in yards of space for their first.

Ajer not even challenging for the header for their second.

Neither of those things should ever happen. Masters of our own downfall today.

2. ddub11

Always felt this was going to be a tight game,sadly we were not much better than our last game against them.
    Maybe people might take these * serious noe,ye we hate them but their a serious threat to us.
    A lot of people blaming idividyal players bit i thi k it was just a bad diaplay from all oue players.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They wanted it more than us today which is the most damning indictment I think is possible to make.

Forget tactics, forget individual performances. They didn't play well today but they were prepared to run through a brick wall for their team; we on the other hand were trying the same languid, passive football that we've been playing for weeks.

4. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

What have they won ? * all , we won the first trophy and will win the league , yea a tough one to take though

seanm and Easter Rd Davie like this.
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That was coming the way we have been playing.. might be a wake up call..

seanm, Dannybhoy81 and Artorias like this.
  6. gazb1888

Not an excuse as we were clearly * today, but anyone else realise their winning goal wasn’t even a corner no mention of that on sky...

oh bhoy and blackfish like this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

I don’t really see a clear structure or style of play to us. We rely on individual brilliance from Eddy, Christie, McGregor etc.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Am
    Forget any wake up call.... we're soft as * and it should've been addressed last year.

elbhoydo likes this.
  9. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    When has mickey Johnston played a good game against rangers ( never )
    James Forrest when we need to fight he is never there
    Ryan Christie is a very good player - but is found wanting again

As I said in my previous post... the battle is won in midfield and they won the battle ( again ) we have to many lightweights
    it’s disturbing that the manager can’t see this...don’t think frimpong had a great game either

Eddie up front had nothing to feed on...Lennon needs to beef up our midfield ie wanyama and ki would be good additions
    We missed el hammed - I think he is a terrific player - so much energy and “never” lets you down

Did you notice at their goal Ajer can’t seem to jump...he was rooted to the ground ffs he is 6ft 6 or something
    poor poor performance...I don’t think we have played any old firm games under Lennon where “we have dominated the game”
    like they have...wake up call!!

Sydneysider and Sonic Reducer like this.
  10. Sgt Neppers*

How has Steven Gerrard out thought us, out manoeuvred us. Tactics were were shocking. Lennon never learned from Hampden. We let them dominate and dictate. Absolutely scunnered.

Despite being 2 pts ahead, we're on the back foot now. They win their game in hand, which I expect them to, they have 10 home games and 5 away before the split. Where as we have 6 home 8 away.

Arsed handed to us at Celtic park. Not * good enough.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  11. Cringer67

I think when el hammed is back we should put him in at RB and frimpong as RW. I love Forrest but he never ever turns up in these games. I can’t even remember him being on the ball today.

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Every word ...spot on...apart from a wake up call...this has been on the cards for a long time.

eddiemcd1888, Sydneysider and seanm like this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    To
    bang on, “ awrite Lennon saying “ we are in good place won 11 games in a row “, we let they * win at Celtic park, disgusting performance, once they scored it was a joke

Always miles ahead of the scum, everybody going on about 8 points clear at new year
    half seen it coming today 11 wins out 11, shots on goal pish, got away with a few, Hamilton, home and away, Aberdeen home, st Mirren last week

maybe we need to realise that rangers this season are a very decent team , great times winning treble treble and even last season “ aye beat us at ibrox when it doesn’t matter @

nah guys they have beat us at Celtic park and the truth of the matter, they have a game in hand at ibrox v st Johnstone which they will win and be top of the league

Hopefully we bounce back, always putting them back in their box

take it on the chin guys and let’s bounce back, very very sore thou, take back what a said about Kris bawbags, brother but don’t know how to delete it , disgusting performance

14. joemc

Fs , nothing more .

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Exactly so them celebrating like they’ve won the league is even more nauseating.

jimbobers likes this.
  16. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    and thats the problem, we rely on certain players far to much

Officer Doofy likes this.
  17. ladbroke8

Simply had to be Ntcham in midfield alongside Brown and Calmac. Christie supporting from the right and using his energy to work Barasic. Not doing this weakened us in the centre. Playing forrest frimpong right and mikey and boli left keft us weak on the wings. Eddy was isolated.

Its either naivety or arrogance after that last few league games and the cup final not to adapt the tactics to counter their aggression and strength . Didn't need to be pretty. Just effective today.

We * it. Lacked any energy and drive today. Guys like rogic and Sinclair sitting about picking up 50k a week between them contributing nothing. Major overhaul needed. We're against a manager and team with real hunger and a strong game plan backed by a board that will spend themselves into the grave to stop us. We need a major rethink if we're goi g to win this league. We've been on the decline all month in terms of being convincing. We've got over the line against Diddy teams but overall its just not good enough as today proved.

18. Slopes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    The cup final should have been the wake up call

19. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Exactly what I was thinking

seanm likes this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly played the team we all wanted

sad reality is mate we got away with one cup final, aw this “ we won’t be as bad again “
    We weren’t far off it
    Disgraceful performance by our team today at home,honestly winning 11 games out 11, grinding out result s kinda means nothing to
    Me
    We got a jammy goal “ oh we are making chances “ pish “, Huns come to Celtic park and won convincingly is fkin unacceptable

seanm likes this.