1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Sparta Prague, UEFA Europa League. Thurs 5th Nov 2020, KO 20:00. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 1, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Sparta Prague, UEFA Europa League. Thurs 5th Nov 2020, KO 20:00. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Just when we thought things couldney get any worse ffs lol ....

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The fact that ac Milan Who are top of Seria a never embarrassed us this bad makes it even worse

Yet !!

3. Dazman1988

Fav Celtic Player:
    Cal Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Never one to lose my heid after 1 performance/result but that was a fecking shambles. I will always back the manager and the team when they hit a bad patch but this has been going on for too long now in my opinion - it seems like we have no organisation what so ever? - it’s like the team has been flung together and told to play wherever they like on the park. Thought we had turned a bit of a corner until tonight, which is very worrying to say the least (and I’m always normally an optimist rather than a pessimist)

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. LV426 Guest

Go get haud a yersel ya clown

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They are papering over the cracks aswell I wasn’t impressed by them when they played here fact lille tanked then shows that juve should be running away with that league but they * it with sacking Sarri and bringing a rookie in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You were out of order the bhoy wasn’t saying anything wrong about Ireland but 2 things I agree, it seems it’s just the done thing to blame big Duffy who was at fault for the 3rd goal No the other 3 but plenty of other players have been utter doG * aswell and seem to get a free ride and as much as I don’t think McGregor is over rated cause he’s been 1 of our best performers last 4 season but this season he’s been pretty * in every game , whether he’s tired or just lost form id seriously drop him, he just seems void of any idea s and starts attack for the opposition on so many occasions whether a slack pass and someone takes it off him and Christie isn’t much better

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hate to say it but the players mindset or attitude seems to have went downhill.

Lenny got them flying after last winter break but after the Covid breakdown that resulted in going home for the shutdown rather than going on a training camp has definitely affected the group.

Not seen the highlights yet but will go watch now.. glad I missed watching the stream but had 5am start here.

Europe for me is gone, time to focus on the league and need to win every game until we face the Huns.

If Lenny walked I would not care because no matter who came in we cant play much worse.

I'm pretty much resigned to us playing as we have done for most of this season. Not title winning form and cup runs will be uncertain with our defence.

Every team we play must fancy themselves for at least one goal.

Eddy & Griff up front from now on. And get Rogic on from the start.

Ok, I'm off to see how badly we got pumped.

8. Sydneysider

I thought we had "turned a corner" too, funny how a group who could play so well against Lille and Aberdeen can be so xxxxing poor and badly organised just a few days later. Funny that...

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Players want the manager out the game against Aberdeen was a cup game they want that cup they worked hard for last season Europe they don’t care about happy to drop easiest win of the season so they get shot of Lennon as for the league players think they will catch up once Lennon is gone ovb speculation of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. seanm

anyone saying keep the heid trust in lennon etc is off their minds imo.times up dont jinx 10iar already. lennon and backroom staff have to go NOW or we just might as well hand the huns the trophy now.HH

11. seanm

imo eddy has been * so far this season. id start griff everytime. lennon out.HH

12. seanm

imo hes 100 percent right.HH

Sydneysider likes this.
  13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Mental. To. Think we took a point away to the top seed team and have been spanked twice at home the other two.

14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Mental to think we threw away a 2 goal lead in 45 minutes.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Anyone defending him or saying give it more time, even this weekend (and legit saying it for belief, not just that they don't trust the board), is actually harming this club every much as Lennon is.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

16. DonnyCelt

Just seen the highlights again on BT. Taking into consideration their depleted squad, the fact they've not played competitively for over a month, and their seeding in the group. That has to be the worst European defeat at Celtic Park ever. Certainly what I can remember anyway

bkk bhoy and dmccourt95 like this.
  17. Dip 'n' Swerve

Keep on saying it..

first goal if we had men on the corner we more than likely would have cleared the ball from the back post, we concede a lot of these goals - solution = the manager > work on the training ground. It is not basic stuff but from a corner you put a tall player on the closest 6 yard box as the first attempt to clear the ball. Makes me wonder what kennedy actually does in training or the superstar coach from Peterborough.

Apart from the tinkering with tactics and shape we have no settled right back for the last number of years, only make-shift players we are trying to mould (frimp and el hamed). Duffy from a young age always made the same mistakes he makes now, I like him as a person but what you see if what you get.

One of the most noticeable aspects is across our midfield when you compare the players against the darkness they have many more players who will hassle, tackle, get stuck in, want to win, get in your face - we have players like ntcham (still has his * out about that Lazio goal), christie (mr greedy balls - his fault for one of the goals), mc gregor (esp in Europe - bullied too easy and cant tackle for *), rogic (only plays in the last third), with unknown quantities on the bench (turnbull, soro) - they go through the motions and don't want to pull the sleeves up - often get pushed of the ball, bullied, and poor decision making - something is seriously wrong.

Eddie is sulking he wanted out in the summer, we should have got his replacement in last summer or jan to bleed them in and effective long term planning the same way eddie came in for dembele's replacement.

We have no goalkeeper.

As much as most didn't like Rodgers, when things didn't go his way he had a back up plan which was effective, yes he had a terrible European record, but I think he would learn the lessons. Lennon fails to learn and what do you expect with hibs and Bolton - he comes across as arrogant and it is clear that the player do not want to play for him. A good manager takes the bullet for his team - often he throws players under the bus. If Griff is unfit then it your training methods.. personally he cant see himself being wrong. The longer lennon stays the longer the club will downward spiral. We had the chance for steve clark, I think eddie howe could win players over and get onto the training ground and back to basics.

Make the call this week and try to save the ten.

We look like a ship floating over the edge.

The Aberdeen game was worse to take than them * beating us - would still make it a 1 point game.

Lennon will never walk when he knows he has lost the changing room - time to go

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Oh here we feckin go. It's wearing a bit thin (like my hair

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If we are going to get pumped at home in Europe and end up last in the group with one or two points then I want back in the Champions League and take the spankings there

At least we would walk away with a very large wedge of cash for our humiliations

greenpegasus likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Away and take her face fur a *. Duffy is * mince regardless him being Irish.

Cal Mac has been a stand out for us for years and something is wrong in the dressing room and at the club.