1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Hibernian (Monday the 11th of January, 2021- 19:45 - Sky Sports)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Dude, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Hibernian (Monday the 11th of January, 2021- 19:45 - Sky Sports) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Obviously I'm hoping we get a CB in for Hibs over the coming days, even a loan, if not then I'd go with Elhamed over Duffy in that game.

They have 16 games left, we beat them twice which the previous performance gives me hope we can that's it down to 4 points in the scenario we go on a non stop winning run of course, you seriously think they'll win 14/14 games against the other teams when the pressure really starts to mount? I reckon they'll drop points in at least 3 or 4 games from those 14 against the others, we need to capitalize on that.

Btw, the lead they have is big granted, but that can create a complacent mindset, they may feel they're so far ahead that they can afford a slip up which means they'll lose an edge in the games coming up, let's see where we are come the fixture in March against them.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Dip 'n' Swerve

What team are you watching..
    Id rather take the points than games in hand that's for sure.
    The difference in the teams is the last third - their bench makes more of an impact when required.
    I hope you right and they wobble and pick up injuries but I think they have learnt their lesson in the last 2 seasons.
    Our top striker isn't at the races eddie has been terrible lately, missing sitters and a terrible first touch and control.
    By march I hope lennon is long gone

3. The Dude

I think the difference is glaringly obvious, mate.

Our players are more than good enough to at least keep pace with theirs, as they demonstrated in the four seasons before this one. The difference is, quite simply, that they have a competent manager and coaching staff, and we do not.

SuperZidane and TheWolf like this.
  4. Dip 'n' Swerve

totally agree, as I have said previous our bench in terms of coaching team seems very light on the ground - I know some clubs have employed more attack minded coaches / skills coaches etc (spur for example) and work heavy on training sessions doing position specific stuff with players - repetition, 1 v 1s on the touchline etc - lennon is old school. I look at Frimpong and he is a headless chicken when he gets high up the pitch as if he has no idea what his final outcome is meant to be - we don't kill off games this results in mistakes which are costly

We also carry a lot of deadwood in the team and within the fringes - within the 10 in a row year I did not expect Brown to be playing the majority of games, Ntcham, Bitton, Christie etc - our defence and midfield has became stale and has been for the last 18 months.

During the last year of Rodgers time cracks were evident, last season and this season things have obviously got worse.

In the last 2 seasons now we have not been leading from the new year which is a worry, we are now slow starters, and we cannot always rely on others to slip up - better to hit the ground running in my opinion.

This is not a quick fix, and it looks like Lennon will be here until the end of the season, and Lawwell too!

The Dude likes this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We're not going into this with only Duffy/Elhamed/Welsh as the CB options beside Ajer are we?

6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Appears so

7. CountyDownFaithful

Would not surprise me at all.

Shambles.

8. Bonobhoy

Guaranteed.....Aberdeen beat the huns.....and we * this up,because we are utter *

Artorias likes this.
  9. Jeffrey

We will need to isolate upon returning? Surely, that will be the case?

10. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone picks up the virus on that trip, airports, hotels, lounges etc and the whole squad needs to self isolate. Then we'll be playing the reserves for the next 2 games. Thats going to be the next *-up in this joke of a season.

The Dude, Rydo1888*, The Prof and 2 others like this.
  11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    When you have a keeper as good as Big Barky in goals, whoever plays in central defence is almost irrelevant :smoke:

PaddyBhoy and TheWolf like this.
  12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    let’s hope they get to the Europa league final then, might be a carbon copy, Duffy scoring the Nakamura goal at Parkhead lol

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

No. Don't have to quarantine after going to Dubai.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bitton suspended?

15. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

:56:

16. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Hibs will be right up for this considering we got the game moved without their approval so we could go for a wee jolly in Dubai. All while they froze their arses off training in the snow in Leith.

People talking about going on a 16 game winning run ffs, I'm not confident we'll even win the next one...

MagicBallBhoy and The Dude like this.
  17. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    He will be aye

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Bonobhoy

Hard to even be interested in this atm.

Is Sevco loose a game and its back in our hands i might be up for it...as it stands atm,still raging with everything this season

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If Sevco lose a game it still won't be back in our hands

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Regardless of what Sevco do or dont do, we just need to get back to winning ways. Our last few games has seen an improvement.
    * knows who will replace big CJ, Bitton suspended, ElHam's head is away, Duffy a total bomb scare, so looks like young Walsh??? Really need to get our finger out and get in a center half that can hit the ground running.