1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The lights are pish though.

Used to love looking round the stadium to see all the scarves aloft during YNWA, ruined now by those daft rotating lights.

2. strike twice

Well that was a horror show of a performance . A massive blunder to GIFT them their all important away goal . Then a cool response to score from the penalty . But then , when the top priority is to defend properly , and make damned sure we don't allow them another goal ( remember the away goal scenario ) . We become totally overstretched and concede again . The message to the players , as soon as the ref stopped play to consider the penalty claim , should have been to revert to our normal formation . No mad rush or panic if the penalty is converted , surely these things should be gone over by whoever sets up the teams tactics . It's so disappointing to get KO'd from European competition through our own incompetence . It really is a scunner . I hope we can get over this undoubted blow , by continuing our good results in our domestic matches .

3. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That Copenhagen player after being charged with assault for decking the police officer * mental

4. wulliebad

Plus one of their back room staff.

5. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Over the two legs I think our biggest problem was lack of finishing.

6. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

The whole light show was a bit cringe last night. The atmosphere used to be organic before games. Now it just feels forced and a lot of people just aren't into it.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. Cringer67

Still absolutely scunnered from last night. Proper low.

Gets better, now we get to watch the scum draw Basel,Copenhagen or Lansk and miraculously avoid every big gun in the draw like they have somehow managed for 2 years.

8. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

We have a 60 million pound wage bill. Investment isn't the problem. It's the recruitment of players that aren't good enough in the first place who rot on the bench getting paid thousands a week.

I'd rather invest in one Jullien than take a chance on 4 duds.

9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not strengthening in the transfer window is probably what cost us last night.

We've went last night with 2 bombscare CBs(1 out of position), 2 half fit wingers(one of whom has been flogged to death over the last 3 seasons), 1 half fit CM and another CM who has hardly featured all season but can barely run the length of himself even when on a run in the team. You simply dont go into a latter stage euro tie in that condition and come out with a result.

Our continual injury issues dont seem to be improving. Just hope the "decision" to not strengthen doesn't cost us further over the rest of season.

10. Heb Celt

Most of us said we needed to bolster the defence in January and now it’s cost us an extened run in Europe.Penny pinching costing us once again.

11. Smithy

Agree with every word of this and also felt the same after drawing over there last week.

We should be monitoring their 'keeper if we can't get Forster in the summer. Guy looked quality in both games.

12. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    One of the most disappointing nights I’ve had in a long time. We’re clearly better than them, they were there for the taking. Lenny has to take some responsibility, it was clear early on in the second half that it wasn’t working. They score, we go to pieces and Lenny waits 20 minutes to make our only substitution. I can see the logic in leaving Eduard on but he gave his worst performance in a Celtic shirt last night. Should have been him off for Griff, Frimpong on for Jozo. Certainly shouldn’t have made just the one change given how it was going.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Fact they got Istanbul in draw makes me more sick never had a better chance of making the quarters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They're no mugs to be fair. They topped the group with Roma and Gladbach.

15. Cringer67

Chaos theory dictates that we wouldn't have necessarily drawn them. (doing my best to clutch at straws here)

Random Review and littlekennie like this.
  16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Not sure it's been posted but just looked and seen Copenhagen side had sold their top goalscorer Sotiriou 8 days ago, their 2nd striker Jonas Wind injured, Fischer injured and we still struggled.

Instead we spunked 3m on a striker to play in the development league and a midfielder who hasn't had a look in because Brown will be playing the defensive mid role for us until hes 40. While there was certainly penny pinching that's not what cost us the game, he signed 3 right backs (2 fit) and we had a centre back playing there, that decision isn't on the board. Our starting xi cost us 28.45m (excluding Forster and Elyounoussi who would cost us at a minimum 13m plus for both) theirs was 16.5m.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    We were well beat in second half by a very well organised team. Nothing more. They had no pace, their passing was basic standard. I think we underestimated them big time and took them for granted. * mistake in Europe and we paid the price for patching up the defence with below average players like Jozo. I think with hindsight we were wrong to take Elyounoussi off when we did. Ahh * it, I don’t know.

Random Review likes this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Not to mention the 2 guys we brought in for over £5M that are nowhere to be seen

19. DonnyCelt

Agree with this mate. I'd have kept Elyounoussi on

packybhoy likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Istanbul would've been a decent draw for us as well..

Winnable tie..

Bummer..