1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Aberdeen Sat 27th 3pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Aug 24, 2016.

Discuss Celtic v Aberdeen Sat 27th 3pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dziekanowski

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

BR: "We sit here in the quarter-final of the cup, three wins out of three in the league and qualified to the UCL. We have to be happy.

BR on Dorus de Vries debut: "I do what I do every game. I pick what I think is the best team.

BR: "I thought Dorus came in and did very well.

BR: "Overall, I thought he [Dorus] and the team were outstanding.

BR on @Scotty_Sinclair taking the penalty: "We are very lucky. We have really good penalty takers.

BR: "@Scotty_Sinclair hit the penalties we were at @SwansOfficial. He scored and that's all that matters.

BR on potential signings: "I always want us to improve. If I don't make another signing, the club has done brilliant for us.

BR: "However, I do want to bring in some more to help the team.

BR on @stefanjohansen: "Stefan is a good guy. We wish him well and thank him for his contribution here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  3. Bumblebee

Lovely going into the international break top of the league, then a game against those cheeky chappies, those silly billys that think they are hot *!

Excellent!

4. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Spot on !

5. TheHappyLoss

Fantastic result given the exertions of last week and that the central midfield was non existstant. Thought Erik and Kolo were excellent. Three great strikes for the goals

6. dmac

3points in the bag not the best performance with Aberdeen sitting in thought our midfield gave the ball away cheaply at times . Rogic and Britton very laboured with the latter looking like he had run a marathon when he was subbed. Happy with the points and we still have work to do with the defending didn't think the De Vries looked much better than Gordon.

7. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    gotta say this game worried me glad we got thru

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I didn't think it was a great game tbh, but that's to be expected after Tuesday night.

What was impressive was the quality of our goals, also liked the fact that Brendan changed things after an hour, Roberts looked to have picked up where he left off before the injury.

9. dmac

Was worried when I seen it was Madden refereeing the game but he never got much wrong which was surprising apart from a couple of tackles from Aberdeen players that could have been yellow cards and he let Bitton off who possibly should have got a yellow for persistent fouling

10. JimmyKrankie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Derry Pele
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fkn great match,can't wait to go again.Auld lads next to me were funny as fk!

A few howlers in defense,Can't wait to see the highlights. Toure was quality,Dembele seemed a bit out of it.Must have been in a huff about something ( always seems to have the hump)

Come on you Bhoys in Green!

11. jamesfr

The break is here at just the right time , the Huns are in for a skelping

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

First half we were great until we scored then dropped the pace until they equalised, soon as we picked up the pace we made spaces everywhere just too slow at times. Again culprits being Brown & Bitton in the second half were far too slow and invited pressure on.

We let them in it and sat too deep not getting a grip of the ball, thought all the subs made a great impact especially Paddy always getting passed a few. Rogic was outstanding at times.
    Sviatchenko and Toure at the back are * solid, definitely our best pairing.

Take the points and a nice 4-1, the sheep done well but end of the day they only had 1 shot on target.

13. Diamond D

Awesome match. My first home league game in a few years, loving being in Glasgow. Griffiths's goal was great, and I thought Madden let them off with a few fouls. Loved Sinclair's running to win the penalty.

I was in the south stand right behind the dugout, Sviatchenko was good after the game he came over, gave his shirt away, and did autographs and photos. He then asked Leigh to come over to give something to a wee lad at the front. Nice touch from Leigh for his celebration too.

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thought it was a tough game to assess but overall it's very positive in the sense we've just came back from Israel pumped our biggest challengers 4-1 and for long spells never gave them the ball, their equaliser was the proverbial "against the run of play" that sort of stopped our passing game and total possession briefly but again like Beer Sheva at home the character was top class after a set back.

Rogic is sensational right now and has developed into a top player for us.

Great partnership I central defence and Toure in particular looks class, even in the respect he went over and gave the GB his shirt at the end.

Great to see that type of crowd again for a domestic game and a good atmosphere bunged in. Sheep were quite subdued for long spells and didn't even come out with that paedophile * that they usually do.

With room for improvement as I don't think we were brilliant today, I think it's looking really good for the domestic season, we have so many options squad wise.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think we looked a bit tired today but we now have a two week break. This first part of the season has been a massive success for Celtic, the players will come back refreshed and ready to thump the huns.

16. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Best start to a season in a long long time were looking like Brendan's Liverpool side of 13/14 heading into games knowing we can outscore opponents and it's fantastic to watch
    The Huns are next let's keep it going

17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Think it's the first time since the 10/11 season we actually won our opening 3 fixtures. And lets not forget that Hearts and Aberdeen are among them games.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thanks to those who posted highlights. :50:

19. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    1 tough away game passed and the runners up from last season pumped despite us not being at our best, top of the league with a game in hand been the perfect start

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Brilliant result after Tuesday and what it took out of us..

Griff, that peg and finish :35:

Thought Touré was excellent again. Should've been outta sight by half hour, nevermind half time. Second half it felt like they had a lot of the ball and delighted to see hun * like Reynolds getting sent off to seal the game, and hun * like Shinnie losing the plot as well..

Worldy from Rogic..

Great win. 2 week's off and we've time to get Roberts, Erik and other's up to full speed..

Top with a game in hand. H H..