1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bob Loblaw, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

What is also sickening is the amount of huns rubbing their hands with glee at the fact we might lose some money because of this. They couldn’t give two * about the poor * that were abused it’s all a pretence.

2. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

What is it about child abuse that gets huns so *? Even the most subtle of headlines has them frothing at the mouth.

3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I haven’t seen anyone mention the fact that Celtic had the power to hire and fire at the boys club, just like they did with torbett.
    Stein got rid of torbett and celtic rehired him when they’d have undoubtedly known what he’d been accused of.
    I find it hard to believe that this wouldn’t mean Celtic were in some way legally liable.

Paul Kennedy likes this.
  4. JamesM09

Certain terms and phrases some of them use on their forums indicate to me which of them are likely to be abusers themselves.

5. joemc

Many on here not seen on threads I wonder why , there are some well known posters though ,I get a wee bit suspicious wen I see posts saying we have to do the right thing and pay comp .

Paul Kennedy likes this.
  6. joemc

The important thing is not money it's that they have their moment and say in court ,and they can move on better , I can't see why it would fall on the club to compensate individuals, although privately I feel the club should financially support victims in some way , not just the ones at court ,but to an organisation who help victims .

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Why?

8. horseshoe

Daft * should be careful what they wish for, they live in a fantasy land where abuse has happened nowhere else other than in connection with us, even though it's been reported at them and other clubs up and down the country. You can be sure both legit victims and the worst ambulance chasing lawyers will be watching this as a test case, and if any amount of compo is paid out they'll be revving up to go after every other club as a precedent has been set.

They have a cheek to call us things like seperate entity fc in relation to this, when they turned away one of their own and said you'll have to speak to the liquidators of old rangers, we're a different club and don't owe you anything.

9. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

To be fair, they do annually celebrate the renowned pedophile King Billy.

10. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Could mods please delete any post mentioning huns,they are nothing but a squirrel in this

It's an internal Celtic issue,they try and involve themselves enough without us dragging them into it

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know. What a minging thing to say.

Fear Dearg likes this.
  12. joemc

Cause its renowned the huns are desperate for this to hurt us financially rather than feel any of morsel of pity for victims .

13. scootz

Very odd thing to say!

No ones suggesting that the Club just throws money about in the hope that a foul stench goes away.

We just want to know the facts and the victims deserve to be heard. The only way that’s going to be achieved is through a public trial or public enquiry.

We should all welcome that.

If it’s proven that officials at Celtic were not negligent in their duty of care then the issue of financial compensation will be closed.

If it’s proven that officials at Celtic were negligent in their duty of care then the club will (and should) be punished.

TBH, I get a wee bit ‘suspicious’ of anyone who has a problem with that!

14. horseshoe

I get what he meant, if you read social media it's pretty obvious that a lot of the ones that keep saying Celtic should just "do the right thing" only really have one thing in mind, they want to see our club found guilty and get torn into, they don't actually care one bit about abuse victims, just a weapon to be used against us, a vile point scoring exercise.

Our fans saying do the right thing are obviously coming from a place of concern for victims, but it's also a pretty vague statement to make, what does doing the right thing actually entail for the club, if we're not directly responsible/liable for it? How do we 'do the right thing' and reach out to compensate abuse victims without it being taken immediately as an admission of guilt on our part and opening ourselves up to other legal action and claims? And at that point how could you defend against any other accusations/cases that came up, why would we have compensated victims of something we had no hand in? It's a * minefield.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Solicitors are " encouraging other claimants to come forward ".....does each individual need to prove they were abused before they can make a class action claim ? Or is their word enough?

16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Bigotry and racism.

The same far-right mouthbreathers who could barely contain their excitement at Asian men being found guilty of abusing kids in Rochdale.

This, argued Tommy Robinson and other EDL scum, was "proof" that Muslims are "abusers" and so should be "sent back to their own country". Sound familiar :rolleyes:

Anyone rejoicing in the abuse of children should be placed on the register. Really odd behaviour.

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

I read about that somewhere was torbett investigated by the police back then in the 60s 70s era when it came to light to stein ?

18. celtic warrior

This is not going to pleasant.

There is no way the name of celtic comes out of this in a better condition then it did going in.

How celtic of 2021 prove that celtic back then are effectively innocent is surely going to be impossible to do?

Given the club have failed to properly acknowledge and deal with this matter long before now, they've only got themselves to blame. Measures in terms of setting up trusts, foundations, support and rebuild networks and working with the wider community with support of other child abuse charities and orgs, is all a little to late now.

There is so much we could have done long before now and had ample opportunity to do so, but we haven't. So I fully expect that Celtic will be made an example of in court.

19. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    They sick * wish there was more people abused so they can use it to beat us with. Their behavior is creepy as *.

Paul Kennedy likes this.
  20. joemc

Care to elaborate
    Wots odd in me suggesting that we have a hun infestation in this thread as they are the ones who seem much more interested in this topic , and are desperate for this to go against us for many reasons , care to elaborate on your "suspicious "