1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Dec 6, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Soro was excellent, Turnbull very good too. Unfortunately I think only Turnbull will get a start on Sunday even though both should be stick-ons. Klimala showed some glimpses of ability but still not doing enough. Ref was awful, waaay too fussy and made some ridiculous decisions.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  2. Dip 'n' Swerve

Christmas glimmer:

For me last night:

1. Ajer - We have always seemed to be loose at right back over the years.. ajer was brilliant for the 3rd goal, I can also recall last season away to Aberdeen he got shifted to right back and produced an important goal... should we look to start ajer at right back.. he is big, strong, likes to dribble forward and obv aerial ability from crosses etc (defending). I have liked him here when he plays in the position esp if El Hamed bounces. To do this I would be more comfortable with a centre half coming in to support Jullien (duffy to go back to brighton in Jan).

2. Soro - has been sitting there all season - he has shown he can do it at European level - he isn't pretty, but what he does is very under appreciated, he got his foot in, nicks and blocks, plus he gets around the pitch - I think with some position awareness and game time he will come on leaps and bounds - deserves to start on sunday.

3. Mc Gregor - frustrating player this season; he has the ability but he cannot carry out defensive duties esp in Europe, we all know he is better up the pitch - in my ideal celtic team he would only be a bit part player in the long run, however, still an important player only higher up the pitch.

4. Turnbull - great corners and set pieces - imagine griff being on the receiving end rather than griff pinging them in when he seldom starts :( . Turnbull is the type of player you would pay to watch and one we have been lacking - a player who deserves to start and one for the long run. Lets see him come into his own from now until the end of the season, you can tell he loves it - compare than to ntcham long face.

5. Polish Paddy - I like him, I think Lennon threw his back by throwing him into the huns game too soon, he wasn't ready, getting back to defend, throws himself about - he will progress and can be a useful player in years to come. I still prefer Griff to start more and come on more than him.

6. Ajeti - He started well then picked up that injury, hopefully he gets a goal or two under his bet and see if he can regain his form, atm, I would not be keen on making this long term, he needs to prove his worth.

7 Hazard - not for me, slow to get down does not command his box - we need an instant keeper in jan.

8. Laxalt - take him all day - really solidifies the left side - saved Duffy's bacon a few times last night.

Dec - Jan:
    • Win the cup
    • Hope the huns draw a game before we meet then and vital we take this 6 pointer.
    • I am still mad at the Aberdeen, hibs and St J points dropped - gonna be costly
    • Lennon - last night may have saved time - the next game we draw or get beat we will be back to the start of this week - he still needs to go. it was only last chance saloon he began to make big changes.
    • I think the protest this sunday should be called off, keep the focus on the match this weekend and gearing up for next weekend.
    Hail Hail

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Jhaf and TheWolf like this.
  3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Funny enough my wife said "I hope that puts a smile on your face" to me last night. Glad I wasn't the only one who's face was tripping him

4. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    And it did hail hail, a massive corner turned, we're * back !!!!

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. Dip 'n' Swerve

The injury came at a bad time for him - be interesting to see if he can score in a few get his confidence back - I still blame boli for those 2 x games we missed it upset the team in so many ways incl. important match fitness and game time. He needs to man up and focus on wanting to be direct - he is clearly better in and around the box rather than coming out wide to take balls. Hopefully he can go on a run like before. we need them all firing on all cylinders - more worried about griff being outcast he must have some serious * on lennon.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If he was playing alongside Griffiths against kilmarnock who camp 11 in the box? Yes I would.

Would I play him.uptop alone? No chance.

7. Dip 'n' Swerve

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Protest regardless of the result- Lawwell is still at the club! Lennon should be warned as well- he needs to show passion and fight to turn this around. Tonight was a start. Maybe.

johnboy19 likes this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

It's crazy isn't it? It has to be personal as it really has dragged out. It's like Griffs contract is being run down. I don't think Griff wants to leave as he's been too big a part of our success and I think that he genuinely loves playing with Broony et, al

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Too Lille, too late.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member