1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown or Kayal

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by willsad83, Jan 2, 2011.

Discuss Brown or Kayal in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Silent Singer

kayal for me all the way, his off the ball work is just as good as on it. simply exceptional and a real find, one player that youtube vids dont do justice when as you know its usually the other way round.

2. gunt

Still think this is crazy OTT stuff as Kayal was all over the place (not in a good way) in the 1st half. There is far too much hot headed love then loathe threads on players/managers that completely alter on a week to week basis. Wait until he has played 5-10 games back to back and we will see. I do think he is a good player but he has been hit and miss in his few appearances. You cant judge a player until they have played quite a lot of games. Remember Donati etc.

3. DanniGhirl

Kayal for me, he "gets stuck in" when necessary but can also actually play the ball. He looks as though he's going to be an excellent signing for us although we'll need to see him in a run of games to see if he has the consistency.

4. quadebhoy

can we not just be happy that we have both players :50:

5. Foley1888

I think if we were to play three midfielders then brown and kayal in the middle with ledley on left until ki comes back would provide us with a much stronger base to build from with someone wide right attacking a striker and a support striker slightly off to left like mccourts position today( or another striker).

6. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    At the end of the 1st half Kayal took a tackle from behind - he saw it coming & took the tackle to play down the clock, as we got a freekick.

He also blocked off McCulloch, as he had already passed inside - but moved into McCulloch's path, as he was going to tackle the ball...but Kayal fell over & made it look an accident....No freekick was given.

He is a very clever player & shows a lot of awareness both of his team-mates, the pitch, the ball & the environment..e.g. time on the clock etc...

I like Brown, but he doesn't have this level of intellegence to be a REAL midfield controller...Kayal is the BOSS!

He's also top of my current * bank. :56:

7. doctor venglos

There is room for both Brown and Kayal in the same team. I think we
    will go with a midfield three of Brown Kayal and Ledley in most SPL games now, with Ki being rotated for certain games.

Lenny is not going to drop Brown his captain, because the sun shines out of Brown's * as far as Lenny is concerned.

8. butch

voted for Kayla, but must stress he could be a liability, i also think he will get a few yellows, as he has a chip on his shoulder, could be wrong but don't think so. A bit like the last Israeli player we had .

9. HoopsBhoy91

For me it has to be Kayal in the team before Brown right now. Brown got his place back in the team very easily after being out injured for a while and what does he go and do? Goes and gets sent off the game before the Old Firm Derby. Scott Brown has great energy levels and hassles his opponents but his decision making and anger issues let him down. Kayal can do browns job and he has great passing abilities as well. He has enough agression to win the ball back for us but it's controlled agression. Brown needs to take anger management classes.

10. combene

kayal is broon if he were smart, picked the right tackles to make at the right time and the right fights to fight and the right time to get in peoples faces. he'd better not get dropped to make way from broon. kayal must be a starter every week

11. horseshoe

Brown - dig/aggression and energy.
    Kayal - dig/aggression and energy but can also play football.

not that hard a choice.

12. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    I thought Ledley was quite good to be honest.
    But on topic, Kayal over Brown defo.

13. Bhoywonder1888

Kayal for me, he has a better football brain than Brown and looks like he could well be a future captain. He has everything for me a midfielder should have and i think he will be a great player for us.

14. gunt

Kayal seems to be a Lambo type player who is like a continuity point while Broony is at his best when he is highly mobile and not having to hold position as the last man. That for me would make them a good CM partnership. I think Kayal will allow Broony to play his old Hibs role. Broony has so often been played as the DM that he has not been able to attack like he used to. It is worth noting that most of broony's best games were when he was paired with other guys who can defend well. Certainly a Ki-Ledley partnership is unbalanced and the statistics show that it failed. Both are decent players but they should never be paired again. I think it is very positive that we have Kayal, broony, Ki and Ledley and we should not be looking at other CMs now IMO. All funds should be concentrated on weaker areas like striker and CH.

15. doctor venglos

I agree Gunt :50: Kayal compliments Brown very well and they will be marvellous together, we have seen how well they play together already before. It is disrespectful to our captain I feel to try divide Kayal and Brown. Kayal was bought to compliment Brown, not to replace him.

16. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Kayal and Ki should be starters. The 3rd place either goes to Brown or Ledley.

17. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Today showed us that a 5 man midfield with 1 upfront is a good formation, which protects our weak back line.

So for me Kayal & Brown would be definite starters in a 5 man midfield, also Paddy in the hole.

It's really a non question, we need the combatitive qualities of these 2 players in our engine room - not 1 or the other.

18. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kayal by far. A player capable of controlling a ball and his emotions. Good passer. Could be a fantastic box to box player for us. If he adds goals to his games I'll be hailing him as the next Stan Petrov.

19. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Think its pretty clear kayals not only a better more talented footballer but he's also smarter, im only after watching the game again and the guy was brilliant barr the first 20 mins when we werent settled, after that he and joe dominated.

If were going 4 in midfield i would go with kayal and ki in the centre.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Kayal in my opinion.