1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Some guys have a bad run, like MOR but you know that they have that bit of magic in them. They may not be good but rarely bad. I feel like these 2 are just bad and have the odd good bit in them.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    They're nowhere near the standard we need.

Scales did a job for a bit but if he's the height of our ambition at CB we'd be as well giving up.

Wallsy1888 likes this.
  3. JamesM09

I think he started Yang today because he’s trying to address the issues with professionalism in the final stages of the game which has seen us throw away games this season.

I can’t fault him for that to be honest. His squad is limited in that regard due to a couple of windows only signing kids.

Darksel likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

bhroom and Wllm like this.
  5. Sgt Neppers*

We may have used our luck up this season. There can be no repeats of todays performances or we won't win the league, despite how bad the huns have been recently.

He needs to be brave in his team selections going ahead. No Scales, no Calmac and no Yang in any starting 11 just now.

6. Darksel

I actually don't really blame him for anything that happened in this game. His team selection is the team we've been playing the majority of the season, Scales is not going to be dropped before this game (Hopefully he will now though).

The goals we lost are mistakes of individual players and at extremely tough times(2 times right before finishing).

I think the fact we've progressed through and can now focus again on the league puts is back in a good position, just hope we didn't pick up any injuries.

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I really hope he gets the title over the line but we are shocking.

elbhoydo and Twisty like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The Forrest one was so costly..

Strange to take him off that late when he's experienced and a big game penalty taker at the highest level..

He got that wrong..

10. Darksel

I'm assuming he picked up an injury or something, because he wasn't moving properly. It was only a mistake because a minute later they scored and equalized.

Who could predict the exact same goal, same mistakes, happening in the exact same way?

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I didn't see he had a knock..

They were a threat all day mate. We were never home and hosed at any point really. They looked capable everytime they went forward..

12. Darksel

All I'm saying is it's easy to look at things in hindsight. Most people were not happy Forrest was being brought on, and he scored a goal for us.

It was a few minutes left to play for, Brendan made the decision of swapping an attacker for another defender to hold out and it didn't work.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I was delighted Forrest came on..

He's levels above Yang even at his age..

I'm no too bothered but it was a call that he got wrong. Is what it is..

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've been a tough watch at times this season..

I'm praying he has enough about him to get us over the line.

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was at the game. Hope I qualify. I need it after today.

Get us to the end of the season with at least the League and then please move on ASAP. He's not very good.

NakamuraTastic and Twisty like this.
  17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He pulled up at one point and was standing off the pitch for a fair bit. Came back on but think he definitely had an issue of some sort.

McChiellini.. and HoopyT like this.
  18. murphy88

I can see why he did mate. We couldn’t defend a ball into our box. So he put an extra centre half on to try and help. We conceded before Nawrocki even had a chance to get into position though.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. murphy88

The players have to take a lot of responsibility for today. The starting eleven was very close to the one we would have all picked, if not bang on. We showed zero composure at all though. Guys who are normally very good on the ball were panicking. He made the right subs early in the second half and we did look better. CCV put in his worst display in a Celtic jersey and Scales was very close behind. For Aberdeen’s 2nd and 3rd goal, our centre halfs let the forward run off them. It was * stuff.

We couldn’t get the ball out our feet when playing a pass all game. The players have a lot to answer for today. We are through and that’s all that matters, but there are a lot of players tonight who need to take a good look at themselves. There’s not one player you could pick out as our MOTM. That’s telling.

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. henriks tongue

Lets not sugar coat this, we have been and continue to be a pale shadow of last 2 seasons.

It's been a combination of factors from recruitment to injuries - but for me the biggest problem is still the manager.
    There is no excuse for the types of performance regularly produced by BR and his team, highlighted perfectly with a truly dire showing against a team 4th bottom of the league and without a manager in the cup semi final.

It's been absolutely dreadful at times, a better rangers team would already have won the league.

I was hugely supportive of BR appointment, but he's already in semi-retirement mode after being talked out of a 1 year sabbatical and dropping out of the 'elite' manager category.
    If he doesn't win the league up against a Beale recruited bunch of clowns, he should go.

NakamuraTastic and ddub11 like this.