1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Seatbelt's on.

Tommy25, Rydo1888*, johnboy19 and 6 others like this.
  2. FrankMcCallum

Welcome back, Brendan.

Great appointment.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Close all threads expect this one he is back now! Let's get going we are all in.

Rogicisgod, Rydo1888*, 76mark and 6 others like this.
  4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Am I going insane or is this like the 7th Rodgers thread? * me lads can we keep it in one place.

5. Lewis Kerr

Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce that Brendan Rodgers has been appointed the club’s new Football Manager on a three-year contract.

Brendan previously managed the club to phenomenal success, winning consecutive domestic Trebles and in addition delivering the most famous of Invincible seasons.

In recent years, Brendan has led Leicester City to victory in the FA Cup for the first time in their history, also achieving fifth position in the English Premier League on two occasions.

Brendan has also held managerial positions at Liverpool, Swansea City, Watford and Reading.

We are also pleased to confirm that John Kennedy, who has served the club over many years in a playing and coaching capacity, will support Brendan as the club’s Assistant Manager, along with first-team coaches Stevie Woods, Gavin Strachan and Harry Kewell, and B Team coaches Stephen McManus and Darren O’Dea.

New Celtic manager, Brendan Rodgers said: “I am really delighted to return to Celtic and I am hugely excited by this great opportunity. When I was given the privilege of being asked to join the club again, it was a very simple decision for me and my family.

“We have enjoyed some great times at Celtic before and this will be my goal again, to deliver good football, ensure we have a team we all love to watch and ultimately bring more success to our fans.

“Ange has done some brilliant work across the last two years and I will be doing all I can to maintain Celtic’s momentum as we face into all our domestic and European challenges.

“We have a hugely impressive and talented group of players and staff at the club, and I am really looking forward to meeting up with them all and then getting straight down to work.

“I wanted John to be with me as we move forward. He is a very talented coach, someone I know well and respect and he will be very important to myself and our players.

“The club is in fantastic condition at all levels and I would like to thank the board for putting their trust in me to take the team forward. We will work very closely together as we strive to bring that success to our supporters.

“Let’s get to work!”

Celtic’s Chief Executive, Michael Nicholson added: “We are delighted to welcome Brendan as our new manager. He is a football manager of real quality and experience, with an established track record of delivering success.

“The role of Celtic manager is attractive and highly-sought after, and in the process we considered many potential candidates. In appointing Brendan, we are confident that we have identified the best candidate for Celtic.

“Having spoken to Brendan and discussed the club’s strategy and objectives with him, I can see the passion he has for taking the club forward positively and building on what we have achieved.

“We look forward to working together to deliver growth and success for Celtic and our supporters.”

Peter Lawwell, Chairman of Celtic said: “Through the process of identifying the new Celtic manager, it was clear that Brendan was the outstanding choice and we are absolutely delighted that we have appointed him on a long-term contract.

“We wanted a proven winner and that’s what Brendan is, and myself and everyone else at the club look forward to working with him again to continue to drive Celtic forward.

“He is someone who knows the club so well and has experience of the huge challenges at Celtic, domestically and in Europe. Brendan is well aware of what it takes to succeed in this role and we know he is delighted to be back with us.

“Brendan is a top-quality Manager. He has delivered before for Celtic and we are sure through his many qualities, he will do so again.”

Dermot Desmond, Celtic’s principal shareholder added: Our aim at Celtic will always be to bring individuals of the highest calibre to the club to achieve our objectives, and in appointing Brendan we believe we have again brought that quality to the club.

“Brendan is a very talented manager, he has huge experience at the highest levels and is a man who knows how to win and do so in style. As we enter another exciting period for the club I am sure he will tackle the opportunities ahead with his characteristic focus, drive and determination.

“We have all enjoyed great success across recent years, Brendan himself being a huge part of that. I know Brendan is determined to deliver again for our supporters and collectively, the board, management, players and staff will support him in this aim.”

* Brendan will conduct a media conference at Celtic Park later this week.

6. murphy88

Exciting times ahead. Chuffed with this appointment.

76mark and TheHappyLoss like this.
  7. themouth1888

Harry Kewell hanging around is a surprise.

Oh and p.s welcome back Brendan

8. Hydrobhoy

weclome home brendan
    let the games begin
    can't wait to see the team with new signings
    fukn buzzing
    mon the hoops

johnboy19 and Sydneysider like this.
  9. ML6

Delighted and hats off to the board for this, he was the outstanding candidate and we got our man, send on the new season:34:

10. BelfastCelt88

Welcome home Brendan!!!!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY FOR RETURNING CELTS BOSS, BUT RODGERS PROMISES FANS IT WILL BE BUSINESS AS USUAL

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Let's get to work...

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Welcome Home, Brendan.

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Over the * moon!

15. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Ah well.

Lets see what he can bring to the table this time.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Great for the stability of the club to have confirmed Kennedy/Strachan/Kewell staying on. Particularly the Japanese lads all mentioned they'd work a lot individually with them depending on their position.

17. joemc

Hopefully lessons learned by all , and we move forward in unity for the club .

18. celtic warrior

Said it in the other thread but this is just surreal as * now.

He's actually back at the club.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see the dynamics at club this time round with a Nicholson and Lawwelll Jnr watching over Rodgers

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Darksel

Is the £35 million budget thing true or just bullshit? Would be some amount of money for a Celtic budget tbh

20. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Welcome back Rodgers.