1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Champions league i would certainly say no chance in *.

But the europa is a different kettle of fish.

A lucky draw here and there and one or two wonder results against attacking minded teams with shaky defences and you never know.

Improbable but certainly not impossible.

My main concern is the league however. Hearts and hibs have strengthened considerably, aberdeen are still that unknown quantity and the huns will be far less likely to drop points off smaller teams this year.

Any bookie or pundit would be mad to call anyone but us favorites but at the same time im extremely worried about our inability to get past teams who either park the bus or get in our faces... it didnt pan out with sevco but seems to work well with hearts and others.

I fear BR just really isnt pragmatic enough and sometimes his philosophy can cost us points when its ineffective for 70 odd minutes.

As someone rightly said... the results against aek and st mirren etc might not have happened under lenny. Not a dig at BR but lenny knew how to grind out results against not only vastly superior teams but stubborn ones as well.

We NEED a massive injection of real talent this next window. A cb, a right back and a striker are a must...

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but we need a midfielder who only wants to attack. Armstrong style always running in the box to get onto things. The space he created and mayhem with his runs is what made us look so good. Ntcham is good but he plays around the box and doesn't penetrate with his runs.

I'd also have a Roberts type winger either side. Obviously our defence will need strangthened but were not scoring. Something is missing.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers has told his players to demand more of themselves in a bid to cure Celtic’s problems in front of goal.

The champions have managed five goals in their five Premiership games so far – none in their two away from Parkhead – which is a big drop off in comparison to the previous two seasons.

Rodgers wants to see more of a cutting edge from all his players, starting tomorrow night against Rosenberg when Celtic’s Europa League group stage campaign gets underway.

The Celtic manager said: “When we played Rosenberg before they sat in deep. In the first game in particular they were very deep and we saw a lot of the ball but couldn’t quite make the breakthrough.

They took the lead with a good first goal and to be fair our response to that was excellent. We expect them to be compact, to be tight and so it’s up to us.

“This is an area where we have to significantly improve on. We need to get back to creating more opportunities. We have to demand a bit more from ourselves at that final third of the pitch. We have kept four clean sheets but we have to do more in the attacking areas.

“And it’s just not the attackers. That’s everyone. The speed of our game from behind, playing our passes quicker, playing forward and also taking more responsibility at the top end of the field.

“That is something we’ve been working on and something we want to take into this game.”

Rodgers’s side beat Rosenberg 3-1 in Glasgow and saw out a goalless draw in Trondheim in the second qualifying round of the Champions League.

The Norwegians were much further on in their season when the two sides met in August, which the Celtic manager hopes is a good sign heading into this match which will be played out at a packed Parkhead.

Rodgers said: “The difference here is we will be further ahead in terms of our fitness. When we played them last time it was right at the beginning of our season, so I’d like to think that now we’re a period of time on we are sharper in terms of our fitness.

It still means it’s going to be a difficult game. We would like to start with a great crowd, we want the stands to be full – everyone of course wants the Champions League – but this is still a very important competition for us.

“I would say to the Celtic supporters to come out, give us your great support because that it is vital for us to do well.”

Rodgers has shaken off the disappointing of not reaching the Champions League proper and while earlier in the week talked down the chances of making the final, he hopes the past two seasons will give his players a major advantage going into these next six games against Rosenberg, FC Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Rodgers said: "It’s an important part of our season, playing in Europe, for the development of our team, the individual players. It is something we have benefitted from over the last couple of seasons.

“There are some really good teams in the competition, we are in a good group and we would like to start with a good performance and a win. So we are looking forward to the game.

“I look forward to these nights. Part of the attraction of coming here was the possibility to playing in Europe with Celtic and no matter what competition it’s been in, it’s been absolutely fantastic.

“For me, it’s the start of another important campaign for us between now and Christmas. Our aim is to play well and show the experience we’ve got from our experiences over the last two years.”

Tommy25 and Jack Torrance like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: Rosenborg come into the game in really good form so we expect a tough game. We are playing at home so we really want to show our qualities."

BR: "You can play a team six times a year and every game presents a different challenge. We’ve prepared well. They are a good team and we respect their qualities but hopefully we can start the group with three points."

BR: "It was a bit windy this morning but we got our work done. There’s always excitement going into the European competitions and this is no different."

BR: "We look forward to the game. Playing at home is always brilliant in front of our own supporters who make an incredible atmosphere. It’s up to us to generate that noise by our performance. We look to start with a win.

BR: "We have to try improve our level of performance and do more in the attacking third of the pitch. We have to ensure we have the right energy, quality and be clinical with our opportunities.

BR: "
    @Jack_Hendry2
    is back in the squad and available. Nir Bitton's progressing well. Probably going to be into October by the time he’s back. Kristoffer Ajer has a virus and is a big doubt for us."

5. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lustig back in tomorrow then.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Rodgers is a * of a cool guy. Just wanted to point that out. In Rodgers we trust.

Tommy25 and Spring Time like this.
  8. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    wish the board would have backed him to get fresh faces in.....teams are totally confident of our tactics and play accordingly.....lets try something else for a wee bit and see if it works.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Brendan should be looking at himself in the mirror and demanding more.

Griff saved his bacon tonight, but no doubt he'll revert back to playing one of his own lazy shitebags.

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Really good coach, but not a magician.

He cannot be expected to keep the standards as high as they have been so far without a bit of help when it comes to recruitment. Tonight was another indication that we need some investment in January. Either Congerton & co aren't identifying appropriate players, or the board aren't providing the funds to go and get them. Regardless, something needs to change ahead of the next window.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    History makers.....................

12. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hey Brendan.. if the players wont demand more of themselves up front then maybe, just maybe YOU should be the one doing the demanding!

Senna s1979 and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  13. MartinoBianco

Double Treble Winners. History Makers. Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Recruitment has nothing to do with the turgid displays and tactical rubbish he has been putting out for a while now.

He managed to turn a team of rubbish into treble winners turning out exceptional displays, yet for the most part is struggling to get decent performances out of certain players, including his previous highest signing.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR:I was very happy with the goal. It was a great win in relation to our spirit in the game and our persistence to keep going to the very end

BR: "Without being at the top of our game we kept going and that’s what I asked them to do after the game last week. We have to find a way of winning when we are not playing as well as we would like and the players did that tonight.

BR: "“Five clean sheets in a row as well which is good. They didn’t get a shot on target against us so we’ll take the three points and be pleased."

BR: "At the moment too many passes are going back the way but it will come. We’ll work at it on the training field and we’ll look to find the solution

BR: "To get a 1-0 win in a European game, and everyone was telling us before the game that Celtic have never won their first group game and we did that, was very important. It was an important three points for us."

BR on
    @Leighgriff09
    : "I love working with him. I came in and tried to improve his game in every aspect. He’s vital to the club and squad. He knows when he comes on, if he gets a chance, then there’s a big chance he’ll score. We need that in the team."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s delusional. Griffiths absolute saved us tonight.

We’re * turgid and he’s too arrogant to take any responsibility and change things.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He said we're not playing well.. not at the top of our game too many backward passed..what else you want him to say..

I agree we should change it domestically and I think he will on Sun.. with so many decent wingers we need to try 4-2-3-1..

We have looked solid at the back albeit with two CBs we will lose in the summer or before.

We rely so much on the creativity of McGregor & Rogic when we play that system who are both misfiring thus far..

It also has to be remembered Ntcham & Edouard are projects with their peak years ahead of them.

And lastly a double treble winning manager shouldn't be immune from criticism but he has defo earned a bit of patience.

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The problem is not recruitment... Well against St mirren anyway or the match tonight its Rodgers system wanting to play mcgregor and rogic in same line up and playing mcgregor out wide.... And picking edouard who isn't the finished article over Griffiths

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

5 clean sheets in a row, deserves credit for that. We're in a bit of a lull in terms of how we're playing due to a number of factors but we'll get back to our best sooner or later. In the end we got the win because we kept plugging away and his substitution paid off.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We have pretty much reverted our early season problems. Solid enough in defending (with a few iffy moments from Lustig and Ajer still) but can't attack to save ourselfs. Thankfully with ntcham suspended i expect to see a different team at killie, hopefully one with Johnston/morgan, Mulumbu, Griffiths and Gamboa all starting.