1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

"I hope to be here for a long time. So for as long as the supporters and the people want me here and until that moment my only thoughts is doing the best I can for Glasgow Celtic."

I love him.

2. Aidan O’Shea

I genuinely would.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Underground spoke to Brendan when he was announced as manager.

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just shown his Big Sam comments on SSN can tell he hates the media :smiley-laughing002:

5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Can see that on his statue on the Celtic way after he wins 10 in a row :icon_mrgreen:

6. Drosejr

In no way do I want BR to leave anytime soon. However, tonight's game is personally important for him, to show top clubs around England and Europe how he matches up against top managers and clubs. The Barca match didn't put him (or the players) in the best light, so they all will need a better performance tonight against an equally high level opponent to show their quality. Will be interesting to see how much Brendan learned from two weeks ago, and whether or not he and the players can effectively apply the lessons learned tonight. Let's hope so.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FROM the day he first walked through the door and was unveiled as Celtic manager to 13,000 delirious supporters, every experience in the Paradise hot-seat has exceeded Brendan Rodgers’ lofty expectations and he’s looking forward to more of the same when he takes charge of his first UEFA Champions League group stage home game tonight (Wednesday).
    Big-spending Manchester City and their array of star names are the visitors to the home of the Scottish champions for the second match of Group C in a hotly-anticipated Battle of Britain showdown.
    Celtic Park will be packed to the gunnels and a thunderous atmosphere will be guaranteed as the Hoops faithful attempt to inspire their charges to another famous victory. Brendan Rodgers can’t wait.
    “There have been lots of firsts obviously in this opening period but if it’s anything like the other Champions League games we have had then it will be an amazing atmosphere,” he told this week’s Celtic View in an exclusive interview. “We are really looking forward to it. We have started the season with real optimism in all the competitions.
    “Obviously we were disappointed in the last game, but this feels like it’s really starting for us now in the Champions League, so hopefully it should be a great night.
    “The atmosphere in general has been incredible. The supporters have really got behind the team and I’m very happy we can bring Champions League football back to the stadium again. It’s such an incredible venue for these types of games and there is an incredible atmosphere.
    “The supporters deserve it and the players deserve it because they have worked so hard. It’s a tough ask in terms of where we are at in the new way of working, but this season’s Champions League games are the ones the players need as they need to feel the level of opponent and play against these better players in order for them to improve, so these occasions, particularly the home games, are special for us.”

8. DamienCorkBhoy

Come on Brendan show Europe what your all about tonight.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvl_0MBRF0Q"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvl_0MBRF0Q[/ame]

10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Love the BRODGE

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think Brendan deserves a lot of credit for how well we did tonight. His tactics worked well to get us the goals and the high pressing really worked for us while we still had the energy to do it.

12. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

We've just went toe to toe with a club who's spent several hundred million and who's had 10 wins in a row winning most games comfortably. Brendan Rodgers is a special manager, of a calibre that I've not seen in my lifetime managing Celtic.

13. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's always had a decent record against City tbf :56:

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The transformation from when he took over in June to now is unbelievable. Better than I could have ever imagined. As said above, we just went to me-to-toe (actually bringing on a striker with 15 minutes to go while they brought on a centre back and defensive midfielder), and we didn't look at all out of place.

15. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Can't remember seeing a Celtic side with that much possession in a UCL group stage match, especially against a 'top' side, in the first 10 mins of a match. Was unbelievable seeing us dominating, when usually we're already one down!

Brought Armstrong on at the right time. Unfortunately Armstrong isn't quite the right man for the role, but he's probably the best we have atm. Done alright.

Shows the balls he has, when he brought Griffiths on.

Great game plan all round and wouldn't fault his tactics at all for the goals conceded.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-tc8oMOW0"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-tc8oMOW0[/ame]

17. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    This * guy!

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "Disappointed with the goals we conceded. Bit of luck with the first one but not a negative night.

BR: "Apart from that I thought the performance of the team was absolutely outstanding.

BR: "To perform like that, at this level, they deserve a great amount of credit.

BR: "City is a team everyone has talked about with a top class manager but it’s arguable the way our players played was great credit to us.

BR: "The support was amazing, That combination of the atmosphere and the performance made it a difficult night for them.

BR: "Pleased we got something from the game, felt we could have won.

BR: "This was a big performance, will give them huge confidence and good indication of how we’ve been working.

BR: "All our games bar one we’ve been really aggressive and really creative and threatening in our attack.

BR: "Tonight is another indication of how we’ve been working and there were large parts where we were a threat.

BR: "Players showed incredible courage. You have to give them belief that this is the way to work.

BR: "For 90 minutes they did it and forced mistakes from Manchester City.

BR on fans: "It’s a noise I’ve never heard before. I’ve played around the world with teams in great atmospheres.

BR: "The sheer passion of the Celtic support is something I understand as I’m a Celtic supporter.

BR: "But coming here you realise why so many people talk about it.

BR: "It’s very difficult, for even a team of @ManCity quality.

BR: "Having the Celtic support behind you really is a like a 12th man. The atmosphere was electric.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  19. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Its the change in certain players Rogic/Forest/Brown, Biton

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd like to hear his vision of how should the defense function, and how can he make us tighter.