1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Thought he looked very dapper this afternoon :icon_mrgreen: :50:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "Brilliant team performance, we started the game well & created 4 or 5 chances.

BR: "To be fair to the kid, he scored a brilliant goal, won’t see many better this weekend, but we stayed calm.

BR: "I felt our attacking play was very good but what was as good if not even better was our defensive aggression.

BR: "We stayed calm, created chances and played really well.

BR on why he brought off Dorus de Vries at the interval: "He strained his chest when he landed.

BR: "He (Dorus) could have maybe played on but we have Craig there fit and capable and we didn’t want to take any risks.

BR: "We will see how Dorus is over the next couple of days.

BR: "If you win a game 6-1 it gives you great confidence, of course.

BR on #UCL game with @ManCity: "They are an incredible team playing with high confidence, but a great game for us.

BR: "A home game here at Celtic Park in #UCL is a really special night & you can't prepare better than what we did today.

BR on @MDembele_10 "Two good goals again today. He scores virtually all his goals in the box which is great.

BR: "His first one was a good finish with his right foot & the second one was on his left foot and another great finish.

BR: "He (Moussa) still has a way to go to fulfill his capabilities but he has improved no end in terms of pressing & tactical ideas.

BR on @kierantierney1 "He's an incredible talent.

BR on @kierantierney1 "He's a great learner. He takes on board information very well. He's aggressive in his defending.

BR: "He was absolutely brilliant today and he's developing very well.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers pinpointed his team’s wonderful work-rate off the ball as being a key element in their 6-1 rout of Kilmarnock today (Saturday) in Paradise.
    The Rugby Park side took the lead completely against the run of play in the 32nd minute thanks to Souleymane Couilbaly’s speculative 40-yard shot.
    However, Moussa Dembele’s deadly double had the Hoops deservedly in front before the break. And goals from James Forrest, Leigh Griffiths, Scott Sinclair and Tom Rogic in the second half saw the champions complete a resounding victory to move them five points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand.
    Speaking after the game, the manager said: “It was a brilliant team performance. We started the game well and created four or five chances and then, in fairness to the kid, he scored a brilliant goal out of nowhere. You won’t see too many better goals than that over the weekend. The power and the strike was brilliant really.
    “But we stayed calm after it. Sometimes those types of goals can really shock a team and give the opponent that real resilience to stay in the game.
    I felt our attacking play was very good, but equal to that, if not better, was our defensive aggression. Our hunger to get the ball back and press allowed us to go and get the goals. After that we stayed calm, created chances and played really well.”
    On the back of yet another dazzling domestic display, Celtic will be full of confidence as they turn their attentions to Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League clash against a star-studded Manchester City, who have also started their campaign in impressive style.
    The Hoops boss said: “If you win a game 6-1 then, of course, it gives you great confidence. Our opponents are an incredible team playing with high confidence in their own league. They have a group of the best players in the world who are working hard and well.
    “It’s a great game for us. A home game for us in the Champions League is a really special night and you can’t prepare for it any better than how we did today.”
    Goalkeeper Dorus de Vries didn’t reappear for the second-half, with Craig Gordon taking his place between the sticks, and the manager revealed that the Dutchman had picked up a knock which will be assessed over the coming days.
    He added: “He strained his chest when he landed. He could have maybe played on but we had Craig there fit and capable and I didn’t want to take any risks. We’ll see how Dorus is over the next couple of days.”

4. TheHappyLoss

Was shouting encouragement at the players even at 6-1, great to see the standard he's trying to instil in the players

5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The vast majority of performances under Rodgers have put last season to shame.

We've gone from being pedestrian and predictable to being really fun to watch.

6. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Aye a noticed that, good to see.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And very soon, teams are going to be * terrified of coming to Parkhead. We're completely molesting teams at Parkhead.

Get that aura about us, get the opposition nervous walking out and they'll shot thenselves in the foot, too nervous. Seen it a lot under O'Neill.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Molesting...:smiley-laughing002:

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Under MON we used tae pump the sheep 5,6, 7 nil ffs lol.

Always remember their manager at the time Ebbe Skovdahl came out with the famous line ............"The operation was a success, but the patient died." :smiley-laughing002:

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

We've seen a lot of teams coming to Parkhead in recent years and being lauded for playing with no fear. The pendulum is swinging back now and I think we'll see more teams sitting in and hoping to avoid a battering.

Hopefully we can continue our home run in midweek :icon_mrgreen:

11. wulliebad

few more signings and we will rape the spl for the next 2-4 years or longer if BR stays.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. superleigh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    love our brendan

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on Dorus de Vries' fitness: "He trained yesterday and today. He’s still a bit sore but he’s fine.

BR: "Craig Gordon will start tomorrow. As it is for every game. I pick the team to come in and play.

BR: "Dorus isn’t 100 per cent fit & there is no need to take a risk. Craig will play.

BR: “Delighted by all the players. The intention was to improve them all, whether it was the senior or younger ones.

BR: "They have applied themselves really well, from goalkeepers all way through. Delighted by every single one of them.

BR on @ManCity "They are a team at the top of their game.

BR: "I have watched & worked against Man City over past seasons. The level of their play has gone up since Pep has come in.

BR: "The level and intensity of their game has gone up.

BR: "When you have top-class & world-class players working to that level then they are a hard team to contain.

BR: "Celtic Park, traditionally, is a very difficult place to come and play. You have 60,000 supporters backing us.

BR: "We won’t be as passive as we were in the last game. Apart from (Barcelona) we have been really aggressive in our game.

BR: "Only lost 3 games in 24 #UCL group games so it shows how difficult it is here, but we appreciate it will be tough.

BR on learning lessons from Barca loss: "It has been three years since the club was in #UCL playing that level of opponent.

BR: "Most important was to learn from it. Once you’re in the #UCL consistently that gives you the belief.

BR on tomorrow's match: "It’s really exciting. They’re an outstanding team and have great individuals.

BR: "Have respect for their game but have to ensure we’re committed. We look forward to it and it should be a good night.

BR: "Celtic is a huge club but it’s night and day difference in terms of the leagues and resources.

BR: "We have to try to find a way to get the result and I know the players want that.

CRAIG Gordon will start in goal for Celtic in tomorrow night’s UEFA Champions League clash with Manchester City after returning to league action for the Bhoys at the weekend.
    The Hoops No.1 came on at half-time against Kilmarnock on Saturday, replacing recent signing Dorus de Vries, who strained a muscle in his chest as he attempted to save the Rugby Park side’s opener in the 6-1 victory for the Scottish champions.
    And Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has today revealed that Scotland internationalist Gordon will retain his place between the sticks for Wednesday’s game against City at Celtic Park, allowing the veteran shot-stopper to make his UEFA Champions League group-stage bow.
    Speaking at the pre-match press conference, the Hoops boss said: “He (De Vries) trained yesterday and trained today. He's still a bit sore but he’s fine.
    “Craig Gordon will start tomorrow. As it is for every game, I pick the team to come in and play. Dorus isn’t 100 per cent fit after the weekend. He has trained and worked with the team but there is no need for us to take any risk in a game like this when I’ve got an outstanding goalkeeper beside him, so Craig will play.”
    Gordon lost his place to de Vries following the Dutchman’s arrival at Paradise in the summer transfer window and went more than a month without a match after playing in the 2-0 loss to Hapoel Be’er Sheva in the Champions League play-offs - a result that saw Gordon save a penalty and was ultimately enough to ensure Celtic's qualification to the group stages.
    Since then the 33-year-old has worked to adapt his game to improve his chances of returning to the starting XI for the Celts and he achieved that goal last week when the Hoops took on Alloa in the League Cup.
    Saturday was his first league appearance since the 4-2 win over St Johnstone on August 20 and the manager said he was pleased with the application of the full squad, who have all raised their game to reach the high standards set by the Irishman and his coaching staff.
    “I have been delighted with all the players,” he added. “The intention to come in here was to improve them all as players, whether it was the senior ones or younger ones.
    “They have applied themselves really well. They are a team that want to get better and improve, and that’s from the goalkeepers all the way through, so I have been delighted by every single one of them.”
    Gordon and the rest of the Celtic squad now face the task of finding a way past Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, who have won all 10 of their competitive games so far this season, including a 4-0 home win over Borussia Monchengladbach in their opening UEFA Champions League group-stage match.
    The manager added that he is under no illusion about the difficulty of that task but said that Wednesday night is the time for his team to wipe the slate clean from the Barcelona loss, and properly start their Champions League campaign.
    “They are a team at the top of the game,” he said of Guardiola’s side. “I have watched Man City and worked against them over the course of the last five seasons and they have always had an outstanding group of players, hence going on and winning leagues and cups, but the level of their play has gone up since Pep has come in.
    “The intensity of their game has gone up and what you can see is a team working collectively with one idea. When you have top-class and world-class players working to that level then they are a very hard team to contain.
    “For us, we know it’s going to be a difficult night but we hope it’s going to be a difficult night for them. Celtic Park, traditionally, is a very difficult place to come and play. You have 60,000 fanatical supporters here backing us and one thing’s for sure - we won’t be as passive as we were in the last game.
    “Since we’ve worked together, which is only since the summer, we’ve been very much a team that has been defending forward and been aggressive in our play, both with and without the ball.
    “Probably the only time that didn’t take place was away in Barcelona, which is understandable for some of the players because much better teams than us have struggled there, and probably the first-half away at Inverness.

“Apart from that we have been really aggressive in our game and the players now are ready to begin for real what I would say is our attempts here in the Champions League.”

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Copy the links as there's a problem with posting videos on the site just now.

Today's press conference
    [ame]http://vimeo.com/184542169[/ame]

Brendan Rodgers BBC Football Focus for anyone who can't watch via the BBC Link.
    [ame]http://vimeo.com/184551747[/ame]

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

from the Interview that Paul just posted

"For me, whatever I do in the rest of my life and my career, to have managed Celtic is the ultimate is the ultimate, for me. I'm hopefully going to be working in football for the next 15 to 20 years but to have managed Glasgow Celtic and been here is an incredible honour."

"I can only do my best, the club is based around winning trophies. Playing football like the way Celtic supporters enjoy which is offensive, attacking football but that always has to be with discipline and order. Win as many trophies as we possibly can and hopefully whenever I leave here, whenever that is and hopefully it's not going to be for a long time the legacy left is the football and the feeling that people got from the inside of what football gave them, that when they went home of an evening or after games it was something that made them happy."

19. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Brendan sticking up for Big Sam earlier today
    BR said: "What a tactic that is, isn't it? Poor guy going into a job and... it's actually embarrassing. In some (inaudible) profession."

20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Quite a coup for the podcast to get some time with the manager.

It'd be good for the club to work with bloggers/podcasters more often. It's important to have good communication between club and supporters.