1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 5, 2013.

Discuss Boycott? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GMS

Yes, it is obvious you have the same contempt for them as the board.

I wonder how many STs would have been renewed had this been announced before now?

Clearly they have a pull and attraction which get most people out of bed on a wet sunday morning to watch us play ross county.

:50:

I didn't mean they are the full club, but they are a very critical part of our fanbase, and have made a massive difference, they were in a sense the "thunder" which we lacked in the strachan years.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Are you structural engineer, how dou you know that the lateral movement caused by the continuous jumping doesn't cause lateral movement weekending certain points within the structure which would cause the stand to fail its tests therefore closing not only that stand but the ground due to safety requirements.

Would we be able to come back from (Ibrox type Disaster) at Parkhead, in this day of ambulance chacing lawyers the club would be cleaned out there would be no celtic fc. what would be your reply when the ground was closed or * forbid something worse was to occur, you would be saying why didn't the stop it when they knew there was a possibility lateral movement could weeken the stand.

Think before you reply.

3. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    "give enough rope to hang themselves"

Remember that? That's our board.

4. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Ridiculous thing to say. The GB are a small number of fans. What makes them more important than anyone else?

The club was fine before the GB and there's still going to be a great atmosphere if the GB eventually disband.

5. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    this is the most ridiculous contradiction I've every heard. Boycotting the team with support? Some Celtic fan group you's are. So stupid. Using your atmosphere as a weapon? Its such a "I'm taking my call n going home" type move. Stop bringing your political agendas to parkhead and just support the team like any other regular fan. Celtic park has been bouncing for years ! Well before the GB was ever introduced.

6. LloydsGamble

I'd be sad to see them go as they bring a fantastic atmosphere to the ground.

That said, I do think the club taking a step back from politics is a good idea. Like me, I'm sure they love the support they give the club, but want to disassociate themselves with the politics.

I know there's lots of fans who are really involved with the political aspect and firmly stand by everything the GB does and that's far enough, but there's also plenty of fans who want Celtic to be about football only. Sacrificing the GB's awesome support for this is a tough price to pay though. It's a tricky one.

7. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons

They make a lot of noise but they're not the reason I go to games. What you said here is more understandable than your original statement though.

8. Matt_20

To borrow an expression from the other side of the city, this is the bottom line.

9. GMS

The atmosphere will be * unless it's a European games, we will get 45k max in SPFL games, only when the glory hunters will be out en-mass wil there be a decent atmosphere.

10. murphy88

They had better stop the huddle as well. Cause i'm not believing for a second that a few hundred fans going from side to side has anywhere near the same effect as nearly 60,000 jumping up and down. Should they close all the sections if we do the huddle again? I think stadia have evolved enough these days to withstand a few hundred fans going from side to side. Even more so the fact that we have a relatively new stadium.

But as you say, i'm no structural engineer :rolleyes:

11. scootz

What utter nonsense! Celtic is far bigger than the Green Brigade. FAR BIGGER!

Listen, I too am disappointed at how this has all turned out, but no-one should be getting ideas that any element of the Celtic support is somehow more important than any others. Talk about kissing your own * arses! Good * your self-serving superior attitude makes me want to boak!

What you have said is so far removed from the essence of what the Celtic Football Club stands for.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The GB ARE Celtic! As is every other fan.

13. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    If you reckon the Green Brigade just gets disbanded and everything will be fine and Dandy you are mistaken. Many of our like minded fans will go with them.

14. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    When the GB weren't at the Dundee united game there was a great atmosphere.

15. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fans make the club, that has always been the case and it's the same for pretty much every club.

Getting rid of the GB will destroy the atmosphere in SPFL matches at Celtic Park

16. GMS

I'm not in the GB btw.

So what does "the essence of what Celtic Football Club stand for?"

Without the fans there is nothing.

17. murphy88

And I was going to Parkhead long before the GB started. And i'm not a fan that sits in section 111, so you can try again next time. I'm a fan that has had a season ticket for 17 years and i'm absolutely disgusted at the board and their treatment of the fans in this instance. So i'm not using anything as a weapon. I'm not someone that backs the GB with all the things they have done in the past, but this is laughable from the board. As Jock Stein said, "Football without fans is nothing". And this decision will only devide the support and drive more people away in my opinion.

18. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I thought the GB came out last week saying they only have about 80 members. Or was that them trying to dodge responsibility for their group members throwing fireworks around the stadium ? I can't believe we even have a "boycott" thread. This is a servco move if I've never saw one before.

I'm sick of the GB trying to blackmail the club with their support.

If u don't want to support Celtic, * off n find another team because you clearly don't have the love for Celtic. Just your precious supporters group.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Celtic have survived for over 100 years without the GB and they will survive for 100 years and beyond afterwards.

I enjoy the GB and their displays as much as anyone, you don't have to 'be against the GB' to agree with the fact health and safety dictates their actions mean they should no longer be allowed free reign to act as they want.

20. scootz

I agree.

I just don't agree that it is ONLY the GB that ARE Celtic!