1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

you can’t really do that, can you?
    Omitting things like that would be the height of stupidity.

Great man, considering his lack of European & domestic honours though.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. Keano88

I still believe in you Boli.

Like this post if you’re reading the forum.

3. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    16 players from over 40 isn't great no matter what you think. The fees for Boerrigter, Bangurra, Balde and Juarez would have been around 9 million, cadd wages etc your looking at at least 18 million quid in total. That's just 4 players that's we wasted basically the money we got for Hooper and Foster. It's not what we can afford to do and not what we need. Some of the signings were bizarre to say the least, Ibrahim, Blackman were a joke and the less said about Lynberg the best. And his second spell has kicked off with Bolingoli and we now go in search of our 3rd left back to fill the position.

4. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Were did I mention ignore the good ones. But you want to forget the bad ones. Go through the list and I bet you can count at least 15 players that played less than 10 matches each. That's a real waste of money in wages and either loan or transfer fees. And you still have to ask why we're the even signed when not played. Pavel Brozek and Ravi Gershon were international players yet played 3 games each, 3 games so why even sign them. Lassaud how actually looked decent got a 2 year deal played 13 matches. It's not the amount that actually did well its the amount that were contributed so little for so much. I like Lenny but I don't like to see money spunked on players that should NEVER been near a club of our size. Anyone that thinks the likes of Blackman, Ibrahim, Balde and El Badourri are good enough to play for us knows nothing about the levels required to be a first team player at a club like ours

5. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I take it them signing bonus, Wages and other extras aren't counted then. Reported fees aren't always accurate but 10 or 12 million quid no matter what is a waste of money that we can't afford to be making on players that we allegedly scouted and thought we're good enough. Even Boeriggter that came with a health warning at the time was a case in point

6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I exclude them to try and show that out of over 40 signings these ones we made money from. But when you actually look at the money we list on the othe signings it's not as great as it looks. You can't just ignore signings like Daryly Murphy, modern day Tony Cascarino, look down my list and try and remember guys like Victor Noring or Lubos Kamenar and did they even start a match or get in a squad. Modern day football is about maybe a squad of 22 players then some promising youngsters not recruiting over 40 players in 4 years or so. It's not good for the club finances or for players morale to be rotting away in the stand or worse

7. TheHappyLoss

Who would have thought in a barren wasteland without Celtic that Boli would be trending on talkceltic :)

FranceCelt likes this.
  8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Forster

Lustig
    Jullien
    Van Dijk
    Izaguirre

Wanyama
    Kayal
    Ledley

Commons

Hooper
    Griffiths

Subs:
    Elhamed
    Mulgrew
    Elyounoussi
    Stokes
    Frimpong
    Bitton
    Rogic

That's just from the top of my head a team of Lennys signings. Do that with any other manager we've had recently and compare the teams.

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Lennon got us Van Dijk, Elhamed, Lustig, Izaguirre, Jullien, Frimpong, Wanyama, Hooper, Ledley, Commons, Rogic, Wilson, Forster, Griffiths, but aye he's * at signings because Bolingoli didn't work out.

King of Kings and Spring Time like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    One of those in typical Celtic fashion the lad starts to come into a game (albeit the odd clanger) then gets injured and that is what a squad is there for....another to step up and take their chance.

Not many players imo should be auto 1st choice.
    You get your top players who can pull it out their dickhole when it matters and play * for 89 mins.

But end of the day boli got unlucky and I doubt we will see him again soon (in terms of league kicking off again. Man...really missing the Celtic)

11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You can’t count Bangura, or Balde then one was only £1.5 million the other was only £2.2 million. :rolleyes:

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

your first sentence makes * all sense.
    Which seems to be a theme.

13. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ffs the abuse starts because I comment on a managers makes 42 signings and signs a lot of duds or players not fit to wear the Jersey. Why do t you actually look at the signings and try to make a case for them being signed in the first place rather than just saying, Ach Well, them the breaks. I look at signings coming to the club and try and see firstly where they fit into the team, and secondly are they better than what we already had. And in over 15 of his signings in 4 years there were far too many not good enough to join Celtic. Delia was also guilty of that but he left some good ones behind when he left.

14. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I see from that team you cobbled together that you have used 5 players from this spell as well. So you are basically using two separate spells to build a team. Is that because if his first spell had a lot of poor signings or can't you remember others from then!!!!! My initial post was in him spending over 5.5 million quid on 2 left backs. Both have failed to convince added to the fact that when push came to shove he actually played Johnny Hayes at left back it shows he's not happy with what he's bought. Am I wrong in that, probably not. My issue is he goes through a lot of players just to find good ones. You named Hooper, Stokes, Griff as his strikers. Well he also bought or loaned Lassaud, Miku, Brozek, Bangurra, Balde, Lynberg. So 9 strikers recruited, 3 successful ones and 6 utter *. It's all about opinions and whether u like mine or not is immaterial. Ps I've had a season book for over 37 years now and seen some of the worst ever to sign for Celtic from Wayne Biggins to Amido Balde so would like to think I've seen enough over the years to be able to make a fair assessment in his signings

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Every manager signs players who simply don’t work out.

Lennon has been here twice now, and both times been tasked with a massive rebuild job, and both times he’s done brilliantly in doing it. We were playing (and in Izzy’s cases re-signing) the signings he made in his first time here almost up until he walked back in the door.

People are rightfully saying to look at it as a collective and don’t exclude certain signings because they don’t fit your argument. If you’re simply saying that Lennon has made some poor signings then I would agree 100%, but tell me a manager that hasn’t?

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I honestly don’t think you are making a fair assessment of his signings.

Why would anyone exclude the likes of Forster, VVD and Wanyama?

Why would we exclude the signings he’s made in this tenure as manager while criticising him for not solving the left back area in this same window?

Again, who has done better for us in terms of transfer business?

17. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll eyes all you want my point isn't about the difference of 2 million quid it's about the FACT THEY WERE *. Delia got slaughtered for some of his signings, quite rightly, but Lenny seems to be immune to it by some fans. So far he's bought 2 left backs that don't seem to be the answer, a right back that even before he signed was a strange one as he had only managed 185 league matches in 9 years at his previous clubs. So far for us he's managed 4 league games and one game since November. Again all facts and all pretty poor return so far. His loan signings also have been hit and miss. Bauer, an Austrian International, being kept out the team by a young boy with no senior games before he starred against Partick. Elanoussi has spent a large spell out injured, two separate occasion, the second one due to being rushed back for the Final, in which he looked so unfit it was actually stupidity to even start him. Julien has looked good in some games and a bombscare vs Livi twice and championship Dunfermline. His best and most reliable signing has been Fraser Foster and despite a couple of errors he's been virtually bomb proof.

18. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go through the signings and look at the contributions made by a lot of the loan signings and full time transfer and ask why did we sign them. Guys like Lassaud, Miku, Gershon and Brozek were all internationals yet at no time did they really get any real game time. Guys like Noring and Kamenar did you even know they signed for us. I get that he had maybe 15 signings that did a good job and that 4 of them made us good money but it doesn't mean you can't question the other 25 plus. He signed Ibrahim and Blackman for example. We're they any better than some of the youngsters we had back then? I get also that you need squad depth but when he had the opportunity to maybe play guys like Gershon in Cup ties he didn't so why get them in. Lennys is very like MON in that he had his favourites and no matter their form they played. And that showed when he didn't use the loan players so why sign them if you don't use them. I don't have the interest in counting up all the signings games but I would hazard a guess that at least 15 of his players recruited would have under 100 appearances combined total and that's a really poor return for a lot of outlay

19. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Were you happy to see Griffiths chip the keeper by any chance?

FranceCelt and Spring Time like this.
  20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not comparing managers as you can't. Every manager over the years has had different budgets. Strachan got shafted when he came in initially but got guys like Borac, Nakka, Caldwell, Zurawcik, Naylor for moderate fees but got good value from. Spent a few quid on Vennegoor but his goals return was okay. He also signed some weird players like Camara but his incoming players for a similar length of time in charge was about the same. Imo he was rebuilding an ageing team that MON left behind, Sutton, Hartson, Lambert, Mjallby, Boyd, McNamara, Larsson, Douglas, Moravcik, Thomson all either left or by their best and had to recruit more or less a new team. He actually signed Brown so probably the club best ever value for money since Larsson. Mowbray well can't even start to rate his buys. Delia did get some value for money and did leave the likes of Ajer, Christie, Simunovic, Boyata, Sviachenko, Armstrong and Gordon, giving Rodgers a help along. Rodgers also wasted a * load of money on some real dross but his get out is 2 back to back trebles and some right humping inflicted on the Walking Dead. His achievement of an Invincible season followed up by another Treble would always cut him more slack the Lenny and that's a fact.