1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Board Statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic board issue an instant statement condemning (rightly in my opinion) a few fans who threw objects.

However, they failed to address the hundreds of fans who protested about the state of the club and the managers current position.

They also failed to address the tens of thousands of Celtic fans who have made their feelings known online.

The board have remained silent when it comes to addressing the supporters ( or customer base as Peter Lawwell probably refers to us ).

Well Peter, the first rule of any good business is THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

We are all both blessed and cursed as Celtic fans.. blessed to support this club and cursed by the * running it.

Unlike any other "customer base" wecant take our custom elsewhere.. it's not in our DNA. If it were that easy we would all become fans of Dortmund, Barca or a host of other successful clubs.

The fans will be here long after Lenny, the board and the 10IAR have gone.

Just know that in the midst of your suffering you are not alone.. there are hundreds of thousands of us and unlike other supporters we did not let our club die and will put our backing behind a new manager.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. oh bhoy

* every one of thoes fannys coming out with their disgusting scenes pish,well done to every bhoy and ghirl that went down there and let the voice of the celtic fans be heard

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Literally every single person I know who was there or who has stated on twitter they were there has said nothing was thrown at players. A public explanation or evidence of these allegations has been asked for on twitter to the SLO with no reply yet our own support are quick to jump on the bandwagon and stick the boot in.

If there is any evidence to show objects were thrown at players then aye fair enough that's out of order but as it stands there is nothing to say there was ... unless of course that fence was thrown at PC Lustigs van

The_Bhoy, Artorias and oh bhoy like this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. The ones who stand up now are the ones who will help force change. Folk can say all they want behind our screens, but its action like those last night that will force change.

5. KingArtur'1

The board are so disconnected from the supporters its a joke. Time the fans started voting with money and feet until they are gone or until things change. Nobody cares about book balancing...just because deadco * it does not mean we will! Sick to death hearing about look what happened in govan...who cares

scuzzy likes this.
  6. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    How the * is he still the Celtic manager? Bored are incompetent as *, honestly think the level of football knowledge outwith Celtic men is * shocking! Don’t have the balls to sack him cause they no * all about football! If he is let go Strachen or Kennedy will be in charge and it will go bad to worse!

celticdaft238 likes this.
  7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Firstly, the board statement was so, so predictbale. Deflecting attention away from a struggling manager and a negligent board and onto the supporters is a cheap and easy way of changing the media narrative. Suddenly now journalists, ex players, TV presenters etc are lining up to condemn the people to turned up to the stadium yesterday, dismissing them as self-entitled, spoiled or not real Celtic fans.

Whether you went to the stadium or not, it is not anyone elses right to tell you how to support Celtic and it never should be. Cetrainly not the lieks of David Tanner, Tom English or Chris Sutton.

My worry now is that the board will see sacking him yesterday as bowing to fan pressure and that will keep him in a job until the next disaster. The thing is, we'll surely lose to Milan on Thursday. A new manager would get this (and Lille) as a 'free hit' but it will just crank up the pressure on Lennon.

MagicBallBhoy, Gully Sands and Peej like this.
  8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I'm pretty sure (certain) yesterdays result, in conjunction with previous results, would have seen Lenny sacked today. However the problem now is, due to a tiny minority of arseholes, no serious leadership can be seen to be intimidated by that behaviour really.
    We are all hurting but anyone condoning/playing down what happened last night, caused by a few, really need to have a word with themselves.

Marie and Jeannie960 like this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah I'm worried it will have the opposite effect and they will keep him on for that reason. Tbh I don't know who they will bring in but I fear it's too late to turn it all around this season.

10. JamesM09

* me. A couple of neds may or at not have thrown a stone. Hardly giving into the * terrorists.

I remember hearing the same * when there was looting during BLM protests. Makes it really easy to ignore the issue but only * take advantage of that, which is what the board will be if they do the same. Only an idiot would think this is a legit excuse for the board to continue to ignore their responsibilities.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    People actually condemning the fans last night, that's a joke surely?

The only thing we should be condemning about the fans going there is the breaking of Covid restrictions. But like I said last night, I personally won't be doing that as I understand the need and passion to protest it.

But * me, nothing bad happened. A wire fence fell down and some bad words got shouted...ooohhhhhh....
    There's actusl videos of the wire fence falling down, with 60 fans still stood in the same spot, no one ran forward. That tells you what the motives were - rather were not.

Some of you all like to pretend to be a better fan by bringing up the 90s and the Celts for change and how the younger fans not living through the 90s results means they are spoiled and need to accept 2 wins in 10.
    Well let's talk about back in those days.... Did you all * have s heart attack at the actions of the fans singing "get Tae *" to Barnes and other managers?

Last night was barely anything to take note of, like I said the only thing to be worried about was the breaking of the restrictions, which surprise surprise no one is * caring about anyway with the mock disgust.

Sutton, hartson, the board statement, this morning's pretend antics that the players are being out under siege, it's a * joke of a narrative.

They've heard worse when the fans were in the stadium for * sake.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Gully Sands likes this.
  12. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    If he isn’t gone by this evening then we need to have more protests (peaceful) until the board get it in their heads he needs to be sacked.

I would also like to see clear evidence of this stone throwing or missiles. I’ve seen a fence get pushed over but seen no evidence of these missiles. If fans have done that then it’s out or order but does not detract from the real reason they were there last night.

Bayern Bru and Peej like this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.
    And same, show this evidence of mass violence.

If anyone has literally thrown a fence at police/players etc then I will of course condemn that, but even that doesn't take away the fact the protest should have happened and the narrative being twisted.

14. JamesM09

The correct action here would be a lot of people to turn up and directly demand Lawwell is removed. Keep it very civil but you’d need large numbers.

Although decent people would turn up, the problem is we wouldn’t have enough of the decent people because of the pandemic. So any neds will be disproportionate in the crowd.

By the way, can we also now admit the GB banner was right? Or are we all going to pretend that was out of order considering what’s happened now?

Peej likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, it's not an ideal time in that respect.

And yeah, the banner was perfectly fine, yet folk even used the terms "disgusting" towards that as well, a peaceful, no "violence" action.

Go figure, * snowflakes aren't just the under 25s, seemingly grown adults who've lived through the 80s and 90s are now adopting the snowflake mentality.

Gully Sands and JamesM09 like this.
  16. celtic warrior

More like bored statement.

*. We are in this position because of them, where we should be without question becuase of resource, doing a quadruple treble. We are now in a serious position of entertaining the notion of also losing the league at a * canter.

"not lost anything yet" says Lennon, well, the board about to see whole lot of losses in their pockets soon enough.

17. celtic warrior

The board just don't make sense.

Fine, there is no guarantee that spending more will lead to more revenue, but they clearly * saw what spending money on Rodgers initially got us and them, in terms of record levels of revenue.

But the * evidence is right there, you spend on a good name manager, give them a bit of respect and authority ln transfers, they'll probably get you into CL groups more often than not.

Fans in turn would happily spend their last penny on Celtic as well.

But nope..... We have to pinch and scrimp.

Maestro 08 and Peej like this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just seen the image of a guy holding and chucking the fence (looks like s blow up shark at first) and that is not cool. He'll get done for that and rightly so.

It changes nothing of the protest though and the fans voice needing to be heard.
    One man does not take away from that.

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The so called "riot" last night will be the main talking point for a good few days now as the SMSM will make sure of that as a way to attack our fans. It will also give the board a bit of the moral high ground in their eyes while totally ignoring the feelings of the support again. So, basically, I don't know how our support would be able to hold any type of demonstration due to the Covid regulations and last night's scenes were just pure raw emotion of fans who care for their club. Hopefully someone can come up with some suggestions as to how the support can take our concerns forward as I don't see our disgrace of a board doing anything soon.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Has Hartson came out condemning the riot?