1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Board Statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Is there currently anyone or any group who are taking steps to organise some sort of protest like a Celts for Change type thing? It's important to build momentum against these feckers as if we remain silent they will continue ignoring the fans. I don't know the best way forward personally but if someone came up with a plan then I am all for participating in it.

Bayern Bru and Peej like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Listening to podcasts now, plenty are in the mood for something it seems.
    GB surprised me with the banner last week, I hope they have more planned.

I assume there is a networking of these guys with the supporters groups and sites, fingers crossed they are talking of these things behind the scenes as well.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I reckon after the latest * show, you can expect to be hearing more in the rest of the week.

And I would think it will be more than just the GB.

Wee Baldy and Peej like this.
  4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The Celtic Trust has confirmed they will be voting against the re-appointment of certain board members at the upcoming AGM and are encouraging other share holders to do the same.

upload_2020-12-1_23-4-42.jpeg

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wee Baldy and Peej like this.
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Sunday's protest was justified as the board are ignoring the voice of the fans and if it did get a bit heated it was because the fans that were there care about their club. In the words of JFK - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

PL oversees a leadership that would happily see us appoint sub standard management and backroom staff and stagnate on the field if it meant his authority and influence remain unchallenged off it.

This of course requires the management of expectations to the point we should be grateful for whatever we have. Clubs across the continent with similar to far less financial clout than us continually show us the levels that we as a club should be capable of. But it requires investment in top level coaches and staff and requires him to take a step backwards and let those people operate to their best ability and that of course in turn may cost money and see him have less influence. Something he isn't willing to do. In his employment strategy what's best for us on the park comes 2nd to what is best for Lawell off it.

We are now dumbing down to the point we are being told that winning the league is a bonus. Lawell the accountant and dividend king is holding us back, he needs to go along with his puppeteer Desmond.

Remember this, he is not here to serve the fans but to make profit for share holders. He walks a tightrope of doing just enough to keep the money ticking over without ever over stretching. Speculate to accumulate is not a term he is comfortable with. This is a dangerous game and it's about to backfire big time. He's pulled the wool over Celtic fans eyes for far too long.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I want Lennon to go and a WouldNt call any young fans spoilt * but it is a fact that

Tommy Burns came into Celtic as manager in1994, he won 1 trophy out of 9 in his 3 seasons, don’t remember people calling for him to be sacked and the reason for that is we hadn’t won any trophy 5 years prior to him coming in, so it kinda became the norm, not to be winning so Burns didn’t really get much flak

it’s exact same scenario as the Huns now, Gerrard comes in and wons absolutely * all for 2 seasons but because it’s now the norm for them to win nothing Last 8 years he doesn’t get much flak either

if he’d came in Season after rangers won 9 in a row, he would have got the bullet after 1 season of winning nothing

so no saying people are spoilt but as much as we’ve aw enjoyed winning 9 in a row and every domestic trophy, people do start thinking it’s their divine right to just win everything aw the time which it ain’t

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sorry but that's just wrong. People were understanding Burns took over a gash Celtic side and had to rebuild. People look at him as a success as he made us competitive and playing some good football, not because not winning was acceptable. He also did get sacked which Lennon hasn't.
    I don't expect us to win everything but I do expect us to compete and there was no fight in any European game, league game or league Cup game this season. We went out to the 1st non * team we played in the CL(at home) out with 2 games to go in Europa and out of the league Cup at the 1st hurdle (at home).

Gyp Rosetti, The Phoenix and honda like this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    So we just say nothing and accept a sub standard of football from a poor run club on the field?

just cause we have done 9 in a row? Absolutely not! We should be light years ahead of anyone and easily be winning the league each season if we had the correct management at the club.

Rodgers was failed to be backed in his final season so he done a big * you to Lawwell and left.

then Lennon gets appointed on the cheap and is given a very good transfer budget when Rodgers was asking for cash Lawwell said no to the likes of McGinn offering silly amounts and the right back Rodgers now has a Leicester.

Poor decisions time and time again have got us into this position and the board have handed the title to the zombies.

Don’t tell me we will turn it around! Will we * with Lennon and the shambles that run the club.

the league is gone due to Mis-management of the club.

MagicBallBhoy, Twisty and The Phoenix like this.
  11. Bunk Moreland

I don't know why people are surprised by the statement, they're hardly going to come out and say Lennon will be sacked as soon as we have his replacement ready to come in. They're also not going to say whether they've spoken to anyone regarding the managers job or even if they're actively negotiating with candidates as all this unfolds. They 100% will not sack NL if there's nobody to come in immediately and take over, if they did sack him that would mean John Kennedy would more than likely take over on a caretaker basis and a reserve coach would be his assistant, that's not a solution in any way, shape or form. The upside for me is usually when a clubs board have to publicly come out and back a manager it means he's ready for the boot. As much as I'd like them to come out and say that we're negotiating with 2 or 3 candidates to take over and Lennon's time is up as soon as a deal is done, the fact is that no board in football ever does that. So as frustrating as it is its completely normal in football.

12. celtneill

Fav Celtic Player:
    barry robson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Couldn't agree more 11 season ticket holders in my family and I'm sure there will be many alike.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Quite a strange way to run a club, ensure that the chaos continues by keeping a lame duck manager, the Board are just handing the huns a treble on a plate, it's utter madness.

Sgt Neppers* and JamesM09 like this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Email received from the ticket office now to say they're posting out the refund forms.

Keep up the pressure people, this is our club :50:

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I totally agree mate, I still feel we need to come together under a movement just like Celts for change. We need a new Matt McGlone I know there’s varying opinions on him but he helped save our club, if we let this board away with wilful neglect then who knows where that leads.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    * me. That's a lot of money to be paying. I hope those feckers who are calling us spoiled and think we are entitled realise the sacrifices guys like you make every year

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree mate. Together we are just individual 'customers' that they can play off against each other, through the threat of losing your seat, strips selling out, etc. etc.

If we can work together then we can let it be known we won't be ignored any more.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    ANd what about the * not interested in playing for Celtic and their undoubted cliques......they are as culpable as Lennie and PL after all they are on the * pitch, yep we need a strong new manager with the balls to sort out PL and the * "playing" at it...nobody with ideas above their station should * over Celtic.......are you reading thsi Christie ??

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The old “we only won (x) amount back in the (x) years” argument is so small time it * angers me.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Listening to the cynic podcast just now

"Scott you've been in dressing rooms where the manager is pure * this isn't one of those times is it?"

:56::56::56:

Artorias likes this.