1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Everybody wanted Kyogo through the middle.
    And on the 105th minute when Ange seen it and made the change, we looked far more dangerous.

JamesM09 and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    A lot of the same people saying he * the starting XI were happy with it when it was announced.

Can definitely be criticised for not changing things early enough, but I don’t think starting Edouard was poor decision making. Truthfully he should’ve been the man to put us one up today.

The Phoenix and Officer Doofy like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think he still needs to add more and there is still a lack of quality in the team. Even looking to the bench today, Rogic aside, you are wondering where that quality is coming from.

we had a good first half and if edoaurd takes the big chance, it changes the game and they are forced to open up and come out tactically.

we created chances and we had runners off the ball.

Whichever way you look at it, that performance was an improvement and we are going in the right direction.
    Im confident that we will be even better by the time we next play them.

4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Edouard scores, different game. Dreadful miss.

They bossed the second half, and Abada and Edouard were clearly not offering enough.

Change / rogic on was too late.

He will learn from it, and we move on.

Didn’t think there was too much in the game looking at the full 90 tbh. Disappointing result, but I’m not massively concerned - some poor decision making final 3rd cost us today, alongside the seemingly endless horror of conceding from set pieces.

* how me miss jullien. Has been a dreadful blow that has kneecapped us for too long now. Neither centre half today looked dominant - goldson did, as painful as it is to say it. Bit men against boys in that aspect.

G_portillo and King of Kings like this.
  5. KevMan

Was very upset during and after the game but now I’ve calmed a bit… we are and will continue to improve under Ange.

He should have replaced Edouard at half time. But as someone else pointed out, after the AZ game it was the right decision to start him.

Get some more names in before the window shuts, and get on a winning run domestically after the international break and I’m sure we’ll be in a good position come the next derby.

King of Kings likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wanted Edouard left and Kyogo as the 9..

How he kept Turnbull on when he lost everything he touched all day was tragic..

Can say Soro is pish but he was far better than Turnbull or Christie today and gave us more energy in the middle, funnily enough when we had them penned in and looked most like scoring..

Aye but what could Ange do in the game. Lol..

Free the Adblock likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I would have started Eddy and plenty others are the same.

The starting lineup was fine.

8. scootz

I said line up / formation.

I wouldn’t have started Edouard - I’d have started someone who gives a * and makes some effort. Wasted place.

No way should we have started with Edouard going through the middle and Kyogo pushed out. That was almost a guarantee for serving up the same one dimensional * as last season… and so it proved. And that’s not about being clever after the event - it’s about using evidence (of which there was plenty!).

9. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Totally agree with that.

The starting lineup was what I would have gone with, I must admit - and also the changes were too late, after a point at which I’d personally seen the need for rogic on for edouard and kyogo through the middle.

I just don’t believe for a second the delay lies with anyone bar predominantly the manager.

Where I agree further is the need for his own people to be there * telling him that as opposed to being empty vessels.

If I see Strachan holding that * pad of his shaking hands again after a defeat I’ll scream. A patsy. Never been convinced - and the same goes for Kennedy. Assistant manager, defender, and at no stage have I seen ANY improvement in our capacity to defend set pieces during his involvement here. It’s a clear area we are criminally pish at.

Definition of insanity quote works here - we are not improving, so change things. Swiftly.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tbf mate, starting Eddy left would have been even worse.

Don’t understand why some people want him there. When has he ever started out there? He’s not got the pace or trickery these days to do a job out wide.

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Aye mate i think you need to catch yourself a wee bit. We have improved and thats the main thing. We could and should have done better out of that match but theres been a lot of upheaval in the past few months and we will continue to improve.
    The main focus needs to be to getting back to putting wins together and yes hopefully we will go back to steamrolling teams.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You're correct, but if Kyogo was in the middle, then at least he could've done more damage. Ange's decision was a double blow.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The dude needs time, in saying that the next game against the uglies at CP has to be a must win for us.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He has the awareness to trickery to be a threat out there with runners beyond..

They had a bit of a haddy centre half out there who would've hated Edouard drifting in and holding it up..

Kyogo is so much better as a 9. He isn't a winger for me whatsoever..

Plenty of manager's swap wingers or change it up when one isn't getting as much joy..

We just stood and waited for them to score. Turnbull lost every challenge and ball he had. He disgusted me today. Change it up. Use your eyes. Our options aren't great but if we're a man or two down, get someone else on and switch it up before it gets away from you..

It got away from him and then he decided we should ring the changes..

Nowhere near good enough or acceptable in my eye's..

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Revert to St. Mirren settings, please.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

He's 23 he defo still has pace and trickery he just can't be * to show it. He always tries to beat a man or 5 when he's played through the middle where as Kyogo is direct and plays on the shoulder so for me it would make sense to at least give it a try if he was dead set on playing Eddy

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We were a lot more pragmatic today than in previous games. He needs backing in the market over the next couple days.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bit late for that pish now..

Bonobhoy likes this.
  20. Bonobhoy

Honeymoon period over.

Shocking management today.

Playing our best player out of position,subs far to late (lennon again).

Fairytale start now out the window.

Needs to drop that * and start playing our players that want to be here and our fight for our future.

Drop the stupid fannying about at the back with such a mediocre defence and keeper.

Martybhoy53, Artorias and jj81 like this.