1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree with that had we scraped past that mob tonight there s absolutely no a chance in * we would get past PSV over 2 legs, the same goes for that mob tonight, anyone actually believing the state we are in at present that we had a chance of getting to the champions league group stages is totally kidding themselves on 100% behind the guy cause none of this * show is any of his doing, no matter what team he put out tonight or what formation he played the players he had at his disposal just aren’t good enough at this present time

King of Kings likes this.
  2. lespaul

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    grace
    Think the league is a massive ask to be fair. Aslong as there is improvement we need to stick with him I reckon

3. Ozzie Hoop

Went with the omelette and coffee this morning....choked on it of course when I saw
    :giggle2:
    :ynwacelti

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He won’t have the squad he wants until January at the earliest imo. I see our chances in the league this year as being very, very slim.

Personally, if he made solid progress and closed the gap I would hope we would stick with him.

Slater67 and Mr Shelby like this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Beat off Jablonec I still wouldn't be losing faith in him. If we go into that game with the same squad (probably minus edouard) then can you really say youd expect us to go through? I wouldnt.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think he has an impossible task tbh, hands are tied right from the off, on the eve of the new season and still need at least another 5-6 players, and even after that he has to get the team to gel, meanwhile we will be behind in the League.

You can fully see why other managers wouldn't go anywhere near the job, the Board are incompetent amateurs, they need removed.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I would still fully back him, but even with that team we put out tonight we should be able to care of a team like Jablonec. Surely.

Plus we'll have Starfelt and Furuhashi.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate, we’ve got to, as much as I hate that mob, they pumped warburton, pumped Pedro, then Murty, Gerrard won nothing for 2 seasons but they realised constantly trying to bring in new manager s and getting instant success just doesn’t work, so eventually they just perserved with him, and eventually their reaping the benefits

9. Scubaroo

Haven't had time to watch the game or read the posts properly, game was on in the middle of the night obviously and then a toddler and work.
    We're (well I'm not) nor frightened off, anyone with half a brain knew this was going to be tough and anyone that knows how Anges teams work, well they get off the mark like a locomotive, wheels spinning but not moving.

How did the match go? Did Anges style not work? I saw Awer Mabil scored, from out wide most likely so we're our full backs exposed? What's the response been from players, manager and board? I'd assume Ange would protect the players and say something about the board.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    To put him in the shop window by giving him the perfect opportunity to show just what he can do - like not bothering his *, getting bossed by big Erik for the entire game, getting in the road of Forrest's run and not winning a solitary header all night. What an asset to any team

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The defence makes such a massive difference though. As it allows teams to get at you even easier. We have given worse sides than Jablonec goals whilst having a better defence than what we put out tonight.

First step to a good side is the defence and being solid at the back and we are miles aff it.

The ironic thing is, for me, it was the forward players for the most part who let us down tonight. We all knew that defence would give up some chances or would have the chance of making a mistake. We needed our forwards to kill it for us and make any mistake irrelevant. They didnt.

12. oh bhoy

didnt do a good enough job convincing the board we need players,well * isnt that what every * knew when he was appointed

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if we get put out. It would be Celtic all over. Just assuming they're weaker than the Midgetboys.

The attack is pish right now. Edouard who wants away, a young kid who has just signed from Israel and really shouldn't be starting these games, and Christie. Rotten.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Theyll be weaker, but then we could get Fenerbache, AZ Alkmaar, Sturm Graz, Antwerp etc in a play-off.

I dont hold out any hope for europe this season. We arent often ready for it, but this season more than most we certainly aint.

The entire squad needs gutted. Entire * club needs gutted.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

hanging sticker

Mr Shelby likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    For me, we will be lucky if he has his squad by this time next year.

This is a 1-2 year project. Sadly, I dont think he will get that time. I hope I am wrong.

SuperZidane and King of Kings like this.
  17. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think he's set us up quite well over the 2 legs. I think if that was Lennon in charge we could have been on the receiving end of a doing.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah I agree. January is me being very, very optimistic. We would basically need to get every signing right between now and then, and there will be a significant number of them.

seanm and SuperZidane like this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Bollocks. The board went above and beyond giving the previous manager time. No suggestion Ange wouldn't be given the same leniency.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    17 players I counted, just there.

GK x 2

RB x 2

LB x 2

CB x 2

CM x 2

RW x 1