1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

He's lost the plot a wee bit down there now.

NakamuraTastic and Morcombe like this.
  2. Darksel

Shame for him. Spurs fans are a shambles, imagine celebrating your team losing like that.

I can't imagine ever wanting Celtic to lose, no matter the reason why. I'll always support the club more than I'll hate anyone else.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mental logic from spurs and their fans.

This notion of wanting to be beat just so arsenal don't win something will not sit well with him at all.

Wouldn't sit well with most managers to be honest.

He has his philosophy on football and is hard set (rightly so) on proving he can make it work. To be then basically bullied in to downing tools, he won't like that at all.
    Not when they still have something to play for.

Absolutely not a "told you so" moment, but I do wonder if he will now be regretting this move?
    I think he had more reasons to leave Celtic when he did (writing on the wall after he had his meeting in march last year with the two up top), but do wonder if he will question the switch as a whole.

Needs to be careful though. Doesn't want to alienate himself to other top clubs down south. Albeit he would probably walk in to sides like Dortmund, Atlético, Roma etc if they came calling.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

4. murphy88

It’s all over for him now

5. murphy88

Say what you want about Spurs fans last night, but if we were playing Aberdeen in that scenario with the huns in Arsenal’s position, I’d want Aberdeen to turn us over as well and * the huns for the league.

6. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Anyone remember the bodo game? Back to Japan you go ange

martin_d likes this.
  7. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    What does he say there? I can't make it out

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: May 15, 2024
  9. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    All seems to be unraveling a bit for him down there. Been a poor few months and he looks to be struggling under the pressure.
    I like the guy but don’t feel sorry for him at all- it’s a situation he couldn’t wait to get involved in.

NakamuraTastic and NomDePlum like this.
  10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    That meeting he had was already after he had been hooring himself to Spurs. That move had been in the pipeline for ages. If anything i think they were trying to offer him a bumper new contract during it

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. Onefootwonder

I switched over and watched some of the game last night. It had less atmosphere than the Rangers game. Really odd that a crowd were nervous that their own team could get a result. Openly celebrating Man City goals and them winning the game is poor behaviour.

Winning that game and possibly getting champions league football would be a huge achievement. It's also massive in terms of money and bringing top players to a club. So many Spurs fans happy to sacrifice a huge step for their own club because it would negatively affect Arsenal doesn't look good.

I've never seen Ange be so angry before. He's really * off. He's put himself in a back him or sack him situation. I think they'll have to back him or the club will look weak by going against someone challenging their weak mentality.

The_Bhoy and FranceCelt like this.
  12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Can’t blame him, Spurs are a basket case with the losers mentality. Though Ange was warned before he went so only himself to blame.

Blochairnbhoy and PaddyJamieson like this.
  13. apevrak

It's dawning on Ange that he left a club with a winning mentality for a club with a loser mentality. Yes, he quadrupled his salary and could go shopping players in a totaly different market, but he went to a club who hasn't won a league trophy since before my father was born, and I'm closing in on the 40's now. That mentality sits deep in the walls of a club, developed over decades. The Spurs faithfull is so used to mediocrity that they'll rather miss out on the elite European competition than see their rivals win the league. When he'll be looking back at his career he'll remember the trophies won and that time he managed a club who's "supporters" wanted his team to lose a match out of spite.

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Came in here to say the same thing. He was such a good match for us because his mentality matched ours in terms of relentless trophy hunting.

Even in Europe people would say his tactics were naive but ultimately I respected his ambition to approach every game with that same mentality no matter the opponent.

15. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Ha Ha, he's realising he's joined London's most pathetic club.

Imagine cheering losing a champions league spot whilst another team wins the league at your ground.

16. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Always thought it was a strange move and maybe now Ange is realising it too.

I get it was chance to go manage in England and be seen by a wider audience but for a guy who has been a winner everywhere he's went and was used to working with clubs and players with that all out winning mentality and for supporters that demanded trophies to those serial losers who's supporters cheer the opposition scoring, he can't be happy in that environment.

NakamuraTastic and trip2themoon like this.
  17. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Tbf have Celtic fans ever been in such a scenario? Probably not or not for at least 40 years. If Celtic would have to lose and only getting EL but the huns would lose out on the title to another team, I would't be so sure about that. Surely, I wouldn't celebrate tje opposition's goals but wouldn't really be sad about the defeat either. And I think many Celtic supporters would think the same way.
    The celebration is over the top though.

NakamuraTastic and trip2themoon like this.
  18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I honestly don’t think we would behave the way the spurs fans did last night if we were in that situation. Their behaviour was embarrassing.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We said it was a basket case of a club, but the bright lights of the EPL and now we know our "transfer strategy" for last summer when he said at the AGM that was the model we had to move away from where obviously factors in him * off.

NakamuraTastic and Random Review like this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Would you really, mate? If we still had an outside chance for a CL place and losing against Aberdeen ended that chance, you would rather lose and drop into the EL so the Huns didn't win the league?

I have too much respect for you to think you really would.