1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

With the experience of more than a quarter of a century of football management in his rapidly-evolving CV, Ange Postecoglou knows a fair bit about the industry – this football industry or any other business you care to mention.

Man-management is key to success in any enterprise where leadership is needed, and in football you’re leading a team packed with individuals who have to operate as a unit, as one, but the Celtic manager has also formed an affinity with the person as well as the squad over the years.

He told Celtic TV about football leadership: “I don’t think it’s different to any other kind of management. Ultimately the key about all that is that you’re dealing with people and as long you understand that, the environment or the organisation you work for becomes irrelevant.

“You need to manage people and understand people, and have an affinity and an empathy for each individual within that organisation, then you try to get everyone heading in the same direction.

“Football clubs are no different to that, the only difference I guess with football, sport in general and maybe other lines of business is that the scrutiny and the balance sheet is there very week rather than every six months or 12 months.

‘You get measured at the end of every week, or whenever your games are.’

“So that brings some added anxiety around if you let it guide your journey, but ultimately it’s just about people and understanding them.

He has, of course, looked up to other leaders, not only in his nigh-on two-decade playing career from youth level up, but also as he stepped into management, though the Aussie revealed that your own authenticity is as important as taking tips from renowned leaders.

He said: “The one thing about leadership that I’ve come to understand is that probably the most key ingredient is to be yourself.

“If you try to be someone else, to try to do it in a way that was successful or effective for somebody else, ultimately if that isn’t who you are, it’s not going to work.

“When you talk about leadership and leaders, people will follow people that they believe in and that only comes through the authenticity that you are who you are.

“But along the way you get exposed to different people and different types of leadership. You read, you look from afar and ultimately if you want to grab that sort of stuff, it should be only stuff that resonates with you, feels natural to you.

“Rather than trying to take, whether it’s a football manager like Sir Alex Ferguson, or a leader in industry or a political leader that you think, ‘Okay I really like the way he leads’, if you just try to copy and paste that, I just don’t think it’s going to work.

“It you use their words, it’s not going to work. People want to know that you’re genuine. There are many people along my journey that I’ve seen that I’ve really enjoyed their leadership, or it has affected me, but ultimately my own style is me, just who I am.”

And when asked if experience had altered his style of leadership over the years, he said: “Experience, life experience, professional experience all those kinds of things - absolutely. That’s where staying true to yourself becomes really important.

“Because instead of involving your leadership to what maybe the latest trends are, it’s better if you evolve alongside the experiences you’ve had and, inevitably in life, whatever you do, as long as you’re doing something, you’re going to get some things right and some things wrong.

“You are going to make mistakes along the way, if you’re prepared to acknowledge that and use those bumps in the road to better yourself, then I think you’ll be in a better place with time.

“So, I’m definitely a different type of leader today than I was when I first started 26 years ago, but the world’s changed as well so you need to be evolving with it.”

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic turned to the relatively unknown Ange Postecoglou when appointing Neil Lennon’s permanent successor. Steven Gerrard leading Rangers to the Scottish Premiership title in 2020/21 – and thus denying Celtic a 10th successive title – made this managerial appointment their most important since Martin O’Neill’s in 2000.

Postecoglou's previous experience of European football amounted to nine months with Greek club Panachaiki in 2008, but he has enjoyed success elsewhere. He won consecutive A-League Championships with Brisbane Roar in Australia, before taking the national team to the 2014 World Cup. Three group-stage defeats in a horrible pool featuring the Netherlands, Chile and the eliminated 2010 winners Spain didn't tell the full story of the team's performances, and Postecoglou duly led his team to victory at the 2015 AFC Asian Cup. He arrived in Glasgow on the back of another trophy-winning spell at Japanese club Yokohama F Marinos, who he managed to their first J League title in 15 years in 2019.

Celtic midfielder Tom Rogic played for Postecoglou in the Australia national team. He detects similarities between Postecoglou and Brendan Rodgers, who previously brought Celtic such success. "It's almost a bit of a similar feel as I see the managers being a little bit similar in ways," he said. "Both quite positive and both quite intense to work under."

Playing style
    Postecoglou’s success in the A-League with Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory led to him being given the Australia job. He took the national team to the 2014 World Cup, playing an attacking 4-2-3-1. His wide forwards came off the flanks and looked to get on the ball between the lines, while Tim Cahill provided the focal point up front. Mile Jedinak played a key role at the base of their midfield, and he and his midfield partner held their positions to allow the full-backs to attack simultaneously. When the central midfielders got on the ball in deep positions, they either looked to play direct balls up to Cahill, or targeted the wide midfielders.

Postecoglou then led Australia to their first ever Asia Cup triumph in 2015 with a 4-3-3 (below). There was greater emphasis on retaining possession, and that led to more complex rotations. Their full-backs – Jason Davidson was particularly effective on the left – regularly advanced, and both number eights attacked at the same time to offer penetration on the inside of the wide forwards.

Postecoglou further demonstrated his versatility with a back three and an in-possession 3-4-2-1 that he used at the 2017 Confederations Cup and in qualification for Russia 2018. Two number 10s operated close to the striker, and the wing-backs provided the team’s width (below). In Aaron Mooy, Jackson Irvine, Rogic and Massimo Luongo, Australia had plenty of quality in midfield and Postecoglou chose a formation to suit their strengths.

Postecoglou’s next job took him to Yokohama F Marinos in Japan, who he led to their first league title in 15 years in 2019. There, he used an expansive 4-3-3 with wide forwards who remained wide, and an extremely fluid midfield three (below). The full-backs often made underlapping runs to add extra bodies in the central channel. Central midfielders either withdrew into defence to encourage a full-back to attack, or advanced into positions close to the striker to provide extra goal threat. Postecoglou selected wide forwards who could beat an opponent and could therefore occupy two defenders, which would then free up another player elsewhere.

At Celtic, Postecoglou has used a similar 4-3-3 shape to that which he used at Yokohama, again using very wide wingers in the front line. The aim is to create space in the inside channels for a full-back or central midfielder to exploit. It’s not uncommon to see the full-backs dribble diagonally into these spaces, while the wingers then threaten the space in behind. The central midfielders will sometimes pull right out wide to create even more space in the inside channels for the full-backs to attack into.

When play is being built out wide, the far-side number eight will push forwards, ready to support the centre-forward – usually Kyogo Furuhashi. David Turnbullis particularly attack-minded in midfield, and when used as a number eight, he will take every opportunity to push forward through the inside channel to provide added threat on goal (below). Fellow central midfielders Tom Rogic and Callum McGregor will tend to move into wide areas to support the winger and full-back, rather than join the striker like Turnbull does.

The narrow full-backs’ positions help Celtic dominate possession by overloading the centre of the pitch, while also providing the single pivot with support at defensive transitions. They will help to lock the ball in the opponent’s half and prevent counter-attacks when the number eights are beyond the ball. Celtic unsurprisingly dominate possession under Postecoglou, with their impressively fluid movements and short passing are too much for just about any opponent.

Defending and pressing
    Postecoglou's Australia side was set up with a low or mid-block (below). Their striker would stop passes being made between the centre-backs instead of aggressively pressing, and the wide players helped force play towards the touchline. They picked their moments to press and when play was locked near the side of the pitch they made attempts to win the ball. The closest two midfielders then moved towards the ball and the third remained central in case the opposition attempt to switch play. Postecoglou prefers versatile and combative players in midfield who can do this job effectively.

When he later used three centre-backs (below), Australia defended with a back five, with a double pivot in front of them and a narrow front three that worked to cover central access and force play out wide. Opponents were forced to build around the 5-2-3 mid-block, so when they progressed beyond Australia's front three, the wing-back pushed forward to engage the ball, and the wide forward worked back.

A more attack-minded player was likelier to feature at right wing-back than at left wing-back – a natural full-back was preferred on the left – to give them greater threat on the counter. This right wing-back was more likely to press the ball aggressively than the left wing-back. The wider central defenders were free to move out to press the ball when the wing-backs were both in position – leaving a four-man defence behind them. If a wing-back has pushed up, the centre-backs would be less willing to push out.

Celtic have defended more on the front foot than many of Postecoglou’s previous teams, although Yokohama would counter-press at times. Celtic press aggressively, often high up the pitch after having lost the ball. They rank among the top teams in the Scottish Premiership for duels, tackles, and interceptions per minute spent out of possession. Their 4-3-3 structure is ready to collapse inwards, counter-press and suffocate the opposition. The high back line Celtic use helps them do this effectively.

The wingers will often join the centre forward in pressing high, bending their runs inwards to force the ball into the centre of the pitch. The two number eights are then free to jump forward and press high (above). The full-backs will also move forward to support the single pivot with the next line of the press.

Even when they don’t press quite so aggressively, Celtic’s wingers will still encourage play infield. The position of the far-side winger frees up Furuhashi to press even higher, sometimes even pressing the opposing goalkeeper. Alternatively, he will screen passes between the two centre-backs and aim to force the opposition to go long.

Postecoglou’s lack of experience had led to doubts about whether he would be able to cut it at Celtic, but he quickly proved more than capable. With Rangers back at the right end of the league, the Old Firm rivalry is back to its best, and Postecoglou has played a key role in that.

VT8 likes this.
  3. Couscous

Christ this is badly written.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou insists the situation regarding Craig McPherson's alleged headbutt on Celtic Women boss Fran Alonso "speaks for itself" as he insisted it's in the right people's hands.

He told Sky Sports: "Look, I think it speaks for itself and the important thing now is that it's in the hands of the people it should be in the hands of. They'll investigate properly and get all sides of the story, and deal with it appropriately. From our perspective as a football club, it's just about making sure that we comply with the investigation and do everything we need to do, and let it take care of itself."

Meanwhile, with their Premiership derby looming with Rangers a week on Saturday, Postecoglou may be misisng Liel Abada and Anthony Ralston. Both pulled up in the international break injured ahead of this weekend's trip to Ross County.

He added: "Ralston and Abada picked up some injuries in camp so will probably miss a couple of weeks. We will see how they develop.

"James Forrest is still out for a little bit of time. The other two are Aaron Mooy and Tomoki Iwata, who have stayed with us and they are touch and go for the weekend, we don't see them being too far away

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Everything that Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said ahead of the trip to Dingwall to face Ross County...

When your players are all away on international duty what do you as a manager do in terms of preparing a team? Is there any downtime for you?

No. There is no real downtime. We just factor it into things. You kind of know it's coming and you plan for it. We had guys going off with their national teams, others stayed and others were in rehab. We just adjusted our training to all of that. Some guys did some extra work which was really handy for us. For others, we gave a little bit of a break but we kept working right the way through it and then you just wait for the players to come back at different times. The last of the boys got in on Thursday. Friday was the first day we had everybody back. We factored that into the programme and you just get into it and on with it.

In terms of this spell between now and the end of the season there are ten games or eleven games and this is where the prizes are handed out and the fruits of your labour are going to be. If training can be heightened or strengthened in any shape or form does it happen that way?

We look at it from a yearly planning perspective and the first thing is at this point of the year is where everything gets decided and we wanted to be in a really strong position at this point and I think we have achieved that. Secondly, we want to finish the season strong as we did last year where we show our best form and are at our strongest at this time of the year. That's been the plan all along and if you look at the first stretch of games and then post-World Cup in the middle section we were stronger than we were in the first section and the plan now is to be stronger in the final section. That's all theory but we still have to come down to the practicalities of doing it. From the players' perspective, they are ready to go and they understand what needs to be done between now and the end of the season and that begins on Sunday by putting in a strong performance and finishing the season in the manner we want to.

How is the fitness of the guys returning as well as the fitness of those who stayed back?

If I go through them the ones that are definitely out are James Forrest who is still a bit off. Liel Abada and Tony Ralston picked up injuries with their national teams and it's fair to say they will be a couple of weeks. Reo Hatate and Aaron Mooy are back in training and we will assess them on Saturday before making a decision. I'd suggest if it is not this weekend then they will be right for next weekend and we will see how they go. Everyone else is okay.

Just on Sunday, Malky Mackay and his team are in a bit of a dogfight and it is never the easiest place to go at the best of times what are you expecting from Dingwall this time around?

It is always a tough game and I have been up there a couple of times already. It's always a difficult game, Malky sets up his team very well in terms of its structure and there is a physicality about them. They are always a threat at set-pieces and they do all of those things. I think at this point in the season every game has significance and every team is fighting for something so there is always going to be a little bit more of an edge and desperation to everything that happens. It doesn't change our approach in making sure we have got to perform to the levels we know we can and we have been and hopefully improve on. If we do that then we know we are going to be hard to stop.

We spoke to Carl Starfelt earlier and he said the players have come back re-energised whether that's because they have had time off or time away with their national teams do you feel that the players have come back re-energised? I look at Callum McGregor having played twice for Scotland in two really big matches and got impressive victories. Do you feel that new energy amongst the squad?

We've only had them back in on Friday. I think they're pleased to be back here and looking forward to it. I don't think there's a massive difference for those guys sometimes depending on sort of how the international break has gone for instance someone like Carl didn't play any football in terms of matches so he's just training. He has had a different experience to say Callum who has played both games. You just sort of factor it all into it but the group's always been good once they're back and they switch into our mode in terms of the way we train and the way we address things. Friday was the first day we had them back and the feeling was good.

You were just saying there that your aim is always to improve. You felt that the middle section of the year has been a bit better than the start of the year. You now want the end section to be your strongest form. How do you do that and when you've won fourteen games in a row, how do you keep improving? How do you take it to the next level in these final 10 or 11 games?

Well because we're not just basing it on results. We're basing it on performances and I think we can still improve our performances. Obviously, the results are the byproduct of that and you know we always focus on trying to be a better football team. We try to be more aggressive in our approach and score more goals, all those kinds of targets and ambitions are always there and it's a never-ending sort of thread where we just want to keep showing that we can play better football. That's not always going to transfer in terms of results because like you said we're almost perfect in that last sort of stretch of games. It doesn't mean you can't improve, you know the results can be the same, but the performances can be stronger and that's what we're trying to do.

There are just four games to go, including this weekend before we get to the split. Do you like the idea of that in the League? Do you think it brings anything to the game?

I guess it was my first experience of the split last year, I guess if you look at the table at the moment it does give some incentive to teams because aside from fighting for European spaces there's the challenge of getting into the top six. That gives those teams in the middle section a real incentive to sort of work hard through this period. Certainly, the teams down the bottom who are trying to avoid relegation, I'm sure they'll treat each one of these games with as much sort of intensity and desperation as they can knowing that once they get into the split if they're in touch then their destiny is in their own hands because they will be playing teams around them. I think it works well. With such a small number of teams in the top competition, I think that sort of break-up works pretty well. I think from our perspective last year, you know it seemed to work well and I think it will again this year.

As we get towards this end of the season do you think that when you come up against teams they tend to give a little bit more as they're trying to get all they can against you?

I think there will be more determination and desperation for every team because I think every point and every goal matters, to be honest. I think they'll be teams that be looking at goal difference as a way for them to edge forward. I don't think there will be any games where clubs aren't giving their all because there's so much at stake coming to this period. So whether it's home or away, I expect all games to have a bit of an edge to them.

As club manager did you take a lot of pleasure when you watched Callum McGregor's performance against Spain, especially given he might be up against some of those same players in the Champions League next season?

I am pleased for Callum firstly because I know how much it means to him to play for his country and as much as he's the captain of our club and the leader of our club he just cherishes his national team representation. It was a big night for him and it was a big night for the team and for the whole nation. It's great because it builds belief in the whole group I don't think there is any doubt that Callum can perform at those levels. I think for him to deal with his national team is special. So you take great pride in that and we take great pride as a football club as well because as I said he's our leader and he represents us on the national stage. I thought he was outstanding in both games and played every minute of both games. You saw in the last couple of minutes of the second game that he just has this real ability and determination to give everything and every ounce of his body and that's what he does every time he plays.

Was that a good moment for you? Playing two 90 minutes at that level, but he was still sprinting up the touchline and he's still in tip-top shape. Is that a good moment for you to see that?

I would have preferred the ref to blow for full-time before then! I thought the time was already up, so I wasn't really sure why he was. carrying on. Look it's no surprise with other players who go away with their national team you do wonder how much they are going to play but there's never any doubt that Callum will play all the time. He's [knock on wood] a pretty resilient individual and he wants it and he thrives on that. If you kept him out and tried to rest then it would not do him any good because he's just geared to be performing and always performing at the highest level. So it didn't surprise me that he was the one in the last minute who was still sort of driving forward and the team forward and it just epitomises the person he is as much as the player.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    Wllm likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou reckons rival bosses are deliberately using words such as “easy” and “lucky” to take some shine from Celtic’s achievements.

The boss has hit back at notions success is simple for the Parkhead outfit and insists he and his team graft hard for what they get. Hibs boss Lee Johnson this week suggested Postecoglou might get to a point where it feels too easy in the Premiership. Previously, Rangers manager Michael Beale used the word lucky when discussing Celtic’s spending capacity in the transfer market.

Postecoglou has taken clear note and retorted: “Every manager is allowed to use their platform in any way they want and say what they want. I don’t think it’s accidental that the words lucky and easy are used. They aren’t words I would use to describe any manager. If you are in this job, irrespective of anything, the one thing you know is that it’s not easy. If people think I come in here at midday, spend a couple of hours, have a cappuccino and then go home to the family, then they are kidding themselves on.

“I think they know that, but the use of those words is probably deliberate. That’s fine. If that is what people believe, they are allowed to do that. What I know is that within this building, nothing comes easy for us.

“We need to work hard and there are a lot of expectations on the players and the staff every day. That’s what we do. Whether that impresses others or doesn’t, the only thing we care about is our supporters. And they are pretty happy with how we are going.

“It’s pretty much known that we are playing under huge pressure every week. If other people think that’s easy in some way, then that’s their opinion.”

Celtic have won 27 of their last 28 domestic games heading to face Ross County in Dingwall tomorrow, but Postecoglou expects nothing easy.

He said: “They [teams] all have something to play for, but we are also extremely motivated. In certain games, there can be desperation around everything, but you just need to be ready for that. We have been up to Dingwall a few times now and it’s always a good challenge.

“They set up well defensively, they have physicality and there will be threats we need to deal with. But if we impose our own football on the game, we know we are hard to stop. We knew we had that mid-section of the season from the end of the World Cup up to the international break.

“We really felt we could take our football to another level and put ourselves in a good position going into the final stretch. We did that. Our results were outstanding but so was our football and we scored a lot of goals. Now it’s about the final push.

“There are significant games to play in the league and we also have the cup semi-final. There is plenty to look forward to and the players just want to finish the season strongly and see where it takes us.”

Postecoglou will be without Liel Abada, James Forrest and Anthony Ralston, while there are also fitness concerns over Reo Hatate and Aaron Mooy.

The boss said: “James Forrest will be out for a little while, Liel and Anthony Ralston will probably be out for a couple of weeks.

“Reo and Aaron are progressing. We will see how training goes on Saturday, but they should be okay for next weekend. They are not long term. Daizen Maeda is fine. He has trained and Japan were being cautious with him. Greg [Taylor] and Cameron [Carter-Vickers] are fine.”

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has accused rival bosses of deliberately devaluing Celtic’s success.

Hibs gaffer Lee Johnson claimed the Premiership was “too easy” for the Hoops manager.

That comes just a few weeks after Rangers boss Michael Beale branded Postecoglou “lucky” over spending power.

Celts have dropped just five league points all season, but the Aussie shot down claims it’s a stroll for him.

He said: “Every manager is allowed to use their platform in any way they want and say what they want. I don’t think it’s accidental that the words “lucky” and “easy” are used.

“They aren’t words that I would use to describe any manager.

“If you are in this job, irrespective of anything, the one thing you know is it’s not easy.

“If people think I come in here at midday, spend a couple of hours, have a cappuccino and then go home to the family, they are kidding themselves on.

“I think they know that. The use of those words is probably deliberate.

“That’s fine. If that is what people believe, they are allowed to do that.

“What I know is that within this building, nothing comes easy for us.

“We need to work hard, and there are a lot of expectations on the players and the staff every day.

“That’s what we do and whether that impresses others or doesn’t, the only thing we care about is our supporters — and they are pretty happy with how we are going.

“It’s pretty much known that we are playing under huge pressure every week.

“If other people think that’s easy in some way, that’s their opinion.”

Celts face relegation-threatened Ross County on Sunday and Postecoglou expects a dangerous opponent in Dingwall.

He added: “The teams all have something to play for at this stage, but we are also motivated to win games of football.

“In certain games, there can be desperation around everything, but you just need to be ready for that.

“We have been up to Dingwall a few times now and it’s always a good challenge against Malky Mackay’s team.

“They set up well defensively, they have physicality, and there will be threats we need to deal with.

“But if we impose our own football on the game, we are hard to stop.”

Hoops midfield pair Reo Hatate and Aaron Mooy are unlikely to be risked at County, but should be fit to face Rangers next weekend.

Daizen Maeda is fit, but Liel Abada and Anthony Ralston are out for at least a fortnight.

Postecoglou said: “James Forrest will be out for a little while, and Liel and Anthony picked up injuries on international duty. They will probably be out for a couple of weeks.

“Reo and Aaron are progressing. They are not long term.

“We will see how training goes on Saturday, but they should be OK for next weekend.

“I didn’t really fear the worst with Reo. He was pretty cautious with it. I didn’t think it was anything significant.”

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

New one to the Ange playlist then. Up ye Lee Johnson :58:

10. PaddyJamieson

Wish he was my da.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou: I tried to sign Brighton forward Kaoru Mitoma for Celtic but was pipped
    Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has revealed that his earliest raiding of the Japanse market could have had a different complexion.

Even before he had arrived at the club from Yokohama F Marinos in late June 2021 - via a quarantine period in a London hotel - he had instructed his new employers to pursue a move for Kyogo Furuhashi. A £4.7m deal with the striker’s then club Vissel Kobe was eventually sealed three weeks later. However, it has now emerged Furuhashi, who has proved the Australian’s statement signing courtesy of his stunning goalscoring exploits, was not the only key acquisition he sought from the J-League two summers ago. A domain from which he has subsequently recruited no fewer than six players.

Winger Kaoru Mitoma has proved a revelation for Brighton this season as the East Sussex club have held their own among the big spenders in the upper reaches of the English top flight. The 25-year-old Japanese international was immediately farmed out on loan with Belgian club Union Saint-Gilloise following a move from Kawasaki Fontale - Reo Hatate’s former club - in August 2021. Adn it was the timing of this switch that stymied Postecoglou’s designs on the player.

Yeah, I tried to get him but it was already almost done for him to go to Brighton,” the 57-year-old said. “Him and Kyogo were the first two players I tried to bring across here. Mitoma would have been a good signing but unfortunately for us, Brighton also have a very good scouting network. They managed to pick him up but there was never any doubt in my mind that he was another one who was going to be a top player. He’s done really well down there which hasn’t surprised me.”

12. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Which Ange pulled this off. Mitoma would have been * fantastic! Him and Jota... :35:

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Everything Ange Postecoglou had to say to Sky Sports in the immediate aftermath of Celtic's 2-0 SPFL Premiership win over Ross County at Victoria Park...

How do you assess the performance and the result?

Yeah, obviously a positive result and the performance well we knew it was gonna be a tough day today with the conditions and the way they play. They make it awfully hard for you to get a foothold in the game and with the pitch the way it is we had to grind it a bit. [We were] probably a bit wasteful, particularly in the front third to put the game away. But again the lads showed strong mentality to keep them out of our goal and get the three points.

Do you have to show that you can win in very different ways?

We've had to. It's not the first time. There's no doubting the character of this group, they've been doing it for a very long time. Whatever the challenge is, the one thing you know is that they're going to go right till the end of the game, they're going to be at it and try to overcome whatever challenge there is.

How key was it getting the first goal when you did?

It's good to get a goal at any time. We were sort of threatening before then - we hit the post, had a couple of good chances and their keeper made a couple of good saves. To be honest, I was in the dressing rooms when they said it was a penalty so I had to check to see who got it. I wasn't really sure but, yeah, obviously getting the goal was good but I thought, we were just a bit wasteful in the front third. We had some opportunities to really kill the game off and when it's so tight you keep the opposition in the game.

How is Greg Taylor?

He's alright, I think it's just a dead leg. He got a bit of a knock and was struggling with it but it's nothing too serious.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  15. Garrymac1888

Haven't been worried at all about Ange leaving up until today, some big vacancies becoming available down in that filthy * of a league.

Hopefully Ange doesn't get his head turned as I'm sure there will be some inevitable interest from the *.

PaddyJamieson and Doogs. like this.
  16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

Potter is being heavily linked with Leicester now and Chelsea want Nagelsmann

17. Garrymac1888

Fingers, toes and genitals all crossed.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Every time an EPL gig comes up this will be the case, not much we can do about it, other than hope that Ange still feels he has more to achieve with us.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t know why * are worried Ange won’t be going anywhere

I’ll put my house on it

thailandceltic and AussieGreek like this.
  20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He’s just too true to himself to walk away so soon imo. He’s said he’s in his dream job here numerous times and he really means it.

You can tell he’s a man of his word just by the sincerity in the way he speaks.

He has * like status to me, don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed listening to someone speaking so much. Actually makes me feel content hearing him speak about football :giggle1: