1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Ange likes the day to day work of manager at a club at this stage. Too many quiet intervals managing a national team.

2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Now, are we going to get an explanation as to why we were not allowed access to the talkceltic threads for all those days ?

It was a very frustrating time, with thoughts it would be shut down indefinately. I was concerned and not a happy Celtic fan.

3. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    What do you mean?

4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Some of us had no access to the threads and could not get on the site for 5-6 days. Only today were we able to get back on. No explanation has been given as yet.

honda likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye something happened even people on sky or virgin couldn't. Some issue with the security certificate imo. Just a guess though. Tapatalk worked.

6. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    The 23-24 Europa League final is in Dublin. Get us there Ange

7. Lecs

* love big Ange.

I'm not worried about the Everton and Japan rumours.

He will be here for another season at the least.

I imagine 5 years will probably be the max we will get out of him, I want him to be here forever.

He's such a good guy as well, I watched the Si Ferry podcast thing he did with the fans and he basically said Ange is just a great human being. Spent time before the interview started and then gave them even more time after it, where as a lot of managers just come in, do the interview and * off.

An absolute class act.

8. Darksel Gold Member Gold Member

Nah this is like a dream, can you imagine the amount of Celtic fans that would be in Dublin considering how cheap it is to get there.

9. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Flights will cost £400 from anywhere in a 300 mile radius of Glasgow if Celtic get to the final

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Hire a bus then get a ferry from Liverpool, would be the easiest way.

11. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I'd have thought the DART would be the easiest way

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou insists he isn’t thinking about ending his Celtic adventure – because he’s only just getting started.

The Parkhead boss shrugged off suggestions Japan were ready to make the former J-League champion their top managerial target after the World Cup. Postecoglou is relishing the chance to show off his Celtic side in his homeland as their Australian tour gets underway against Sydney FC.

And he insisted the only thing on his mind is building on his barnstorming start as Hoops boss. Postecoglou – who confirmed crocked captain Callum McGregor is on track to return in the first game after the World Cup – said. “It’s not that I’m ignorant to this kind of stuff. These things will always happen. It’s just not the way I’m wired. I love what I’m doing at the moment. I’m just so passionate about this football club and achieving success. But I haven’t yet achieved what I want to achieve.

“Whatever role I’ve had, that has always been my primary focus. The future will take care of itself.

“I’m under no illusions. I know how fickle the football world can be. Last year people were saying I would go for very different reasons.

“Things can change very quickly. I’ve never worried about what will happen in the future, what is out there or what my next step is. What I do is focus on something I am passionate about and I couldn’t be happier.”

Postecoglou insisted he won’t get his head turned by speculation surrounding his future as his big priority is making his mark at Celtic in the present. He said: “I don’t get distracted. I don’t think there’s any use in it.

“I love what I do. There’s no need to think about anything other than making this football club as successful as I can as long as I am here.

“That can sometimes be taken out of my hands, but while I’m here I’m just totally focused and committed to achieving something special at this club. However long I am here, I want to make a mark, because, ultimately, that’s what you’ve got left at the end of your career. Hopefully the places you have been to you can one day walk back in and be appreciated for what you’ve achieved.”

Celtic won a league and cup double last term and are already nine points clear in the Premiership this season. But Postecoglou is convinced his grand plan is not yet completed.

He said: “It’s not lost on me we were in a totally different place 12 months ago and what we have achieved collectively in terms of rebuilding a team and a squad, while having success and playing the football we’re playing. It’s been exceptional, but I just feel it’s the beginning. I know there is more to come.”

Postecoglou is looking forward to sending out his side on home soil today before taking on Everton on Sunday. The Hoops boss is out to make a big impression in front of Celtic’s Aussie fans and travelling support.

But there is also an eye on the return to competitive football after the World Cup – and he revealed a major boost with McGregor set to resume full training. Postecoglou said: “If I said to him to go out for a run tomorrow, he’d be right out there. We’re keeping a firm hold on him.

“But he’s flying. The plan is he’ll train this week and keep working over the week off and when get to Portugal he’ll be fine to go again. Are we looking at the first game back? Absolutely.”

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think he's answered the questions already, every time you see him in Australia he's beaming from ear to ear, with the squad being like his kids hes proud as punch for. Ange gets us, much like most of us get or starting to get Ange. He sees the Celtic family and it mirrors his own values. I'm literally blown away by all the press about his 'homecoming' in on par with the national cricket team coming home with the ashes, absolutely mental.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Lobe the big man!

He's not leaving till he's taken celtic either deep in to ucl (quarters) or to a Europa final or something.

He knows he's got the domestic league tied up, he will know that's a great achievement in the manner he's done it, but he's proven before that at the level we operate, domestic football is a skoosh (not that he would admit that).

He's came to European football, to prove he can bring his game and match it to other top European sides.

He will do that with Celtic, for as long as the club back him to allow him to do it.

Once he's done that, he will then move on and up to take that next step up again.

Very much doubt we will see him leave Celtic any time soon, or for a diddy epl relegation yo yo side.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

PaddyJamieson and Noskeil like this.
  15. PaddyJamieson

Agreed mate, clear as day he won't see his time here as a success until he takes us into the CL knockouts and establishes us as a respected CL club. If he stays for the next 3-4 years, he will do this, I've absolutely no doubts.

Doesn't mean I don't * myself and panic any time there's speculation linking him away :giggle1:

Peej likes this.
  16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I lobe him too, he's got beautiful ears.

Peej and Skelleto like this.
  17. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :giggle1: Since yesterday it's working again for me btw

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic and Ange are like ciggies and coffee - a match made in heaven

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member