1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He is actually a decent player going forward but he cannot defend at all. He has been here for the full season and has had a decent number of games 19 in total 12 of which he has started and I just do not see where he is going to challenge Taylor or even create a situation for us at left back that we have at right back where Ralston while for sure the back up is nonetheless a very solid option. If we were able to find a buyer this summer I would be all on for us trying to get back what we paid for him or as close to the 3.75m and looking elsewhere for a left back.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    kramer1 and The Prof like this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yes mate agree with what yer saying, we all wanted the guy to be a success but it just ain't happening with wee Bernie, he might cut it somewhere else, but he ain't a Celtic player.

kramer1 and eire4 like this.
  3. TheHappyLoss

Half the battle is giving it your all, he does that. The other half is having talent, he’s got none.

4. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He was awful.

He was so bad even his own goalie took a swing at him

Momo Sylla likes this.
  5. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    "The language is a problem. I came with very little English, almost none and on top of that, Scottish English is very difficult. A year has gone by and I still find it hard.

We have some friends who came from Miami and even they don't understand the Scots, they have to ask them to speak more slowly."

I knew this guy's struggles this season were down to you lot not speaking proper English ffs.

6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Taken from an interview he gave to Argentinean media:

There are not many players who go to Europe and immediately become a first pick. The first season is always the hardest.

You find a more structured and organised game in Europe. It was hard for me this season, it's not what I expected because I came from being a starter at Lanús. There were many things that impacted me - the birth of my first daughter, the language, the death of my grandfather, who was the one who raised me. It was a pretty tough year for me in general.

Next season will be better. I have a contract until 2027. My head is here, I want to get into the first 11 and to play more minutes in the Champions League.

The language is a problem. I came with very little English, almost none and on top of that, Scottish English is very difficult. A year has gone by and I still find it hard.

We have some friends who came from Miami and even they don't understand the Scots, they have to ask them to speak more slowly.

As for life outside football, it's hard to get used to because the sun doesn't come out, it rains every day. In winter there was a lot of snow. We are entering the summer, now so there is a bit of sunshine at least.

On Ange's football:

In terms of football, we play a 4-3-3 formation and have a manager who likes the full-backs to go inside, something you don't see so much in Argentina.

It was quite difficult for me to adapt to that system. He wants the full-back to be able to play as a No.5, go up and down and come out and play the ball.

That's what Pep Guardiola did at Bayern Munich with Joshua Kimmich and at Manchester City with Joao Cancelo and now John Stones.

It was a bit complicated because I had never been asked to do that. Sometimes I'm afraid to get into the middle too much, it's a responsibility. If the No.5 loses the ball, the two centre-backs are one on one, and if we are open, it gets tricky.

But the manager is very clear about what he wants to play, he's very demanding. When he sees that you're not at the same level as your teammates, he tells you. He wants everyone to be at 100 per cent.

Favourite moment so far:

After the goal, hearing the fans chanting 'Argentina, Argentina', was something incredible for me. It was an inexplicable feeling, it gave me goosebumps when I heard them.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    It would appear that he's just not for us. Not his fault, not our fault, just not going to happen here.

I hope he finds somewhere where he can perform to the best of his ability. Sadly that isn't here

The Phoenix and TheHappyLoss like this.
  8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I wouldn’t write him off yet, Ange obviously seen something in him. Attacking wise he looks very promising, would probably be more suited as a winger.

If he is going to be Taylors back up then he definitely needs to improve massively on his defensive side and rotating into middle like Taylor does.

9. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He's one who will likely now get another year here now as new manager will likely not be aware how * pish he is and give him a few changes by which time the window will be shut and steal wages for another year.

10. Big C

Sell and quickly.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Needs punted along with the scout that watched him.

12. PaddyJamieson

Welcome to Tottenham

13. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Bump in case any Saudi scouts are lurking.

A wonderful player, truly tremendous.

14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Think we need to sell him, seen enough of him to suggest he won’t make it here.

Need to be ruthless and cut our losses.

15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!

I get a lot of what he says here. First time I went to Glazzy, I couldn't understand a word. I had to study Rab C Nesbit to finally understand Glaswegian English! Up here in Inverness, the accent is very mild so he should join ICT lol, however, there's a few Aberdeen blokes up here and I'm like...what? Eh? Say that again, that's a 'unique' accent... anyhoo.. I get the fact he can't understand much and believe me it does kind of suck being in a country where you can't understand a word (lived in Japan for 6 months) it's a weird feeling..it will be interesting to see how Rodgers uses him, plus Rogers speaks Spanish so that will defo help him..big season for him but don't think he'll make it here.

16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He needs punted.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Looks well up for it. That pass at the end :yeltongue

Wllm likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think he's always looked OK going forward just can't defend..

Would like him loaned out, maybe St. Mirren where we can keep an eye on him. On and off the park!

LB with pedigree absolutely needed.

20. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It was not bad but I liked him rinsing that guy more. He's statistically one of the best dribblers in the team.

Wanted him punted but might hold fire to see what Rodgers can do with him this season.

DonnyCelt likes this.