1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's the one thing about Taylor he is absolutely solid defensively.

10/4 Kemosabe and The Prof like this.
  2. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We are not in a position to give a player who cost £3.5m a "run of games". We have possibly the strongest squad I have seen at the club and there are many other players who have done little to not be playing, Turnbull, Forrest and Saed could easily step in and play. Also a 9 point lead can easily be cut by giving a player in an important position a start ahead of someone else.

Taylors importance to Ange's style was glaringly obvious last night in the fact that he was missing. Bernabei needs to improve to justify his place. Compare and contrast with how Alistair Johnston came in and grabbed the right back slot. There may be a player there but in the games he has played for the most part he has flattered to decide, gave away a (v unfortunate) penalty and was lucky not to at least get a yellow for a desperate lunge last night. Will be surprised if he doesn't get shipped out on loan in the summer, unless there is a big improvement.

Easy to feel sympathy for him but he has been here long enough to get fit and up to speed and is on a much higher wage than many others.

3. Andrew Robertson

First half not great got some hospital passes from starlet and can't be easy passing to maeda second half thought he was great didn't want the game to end

joemc likes this.
  4. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    This. I don't see what Bernabei gives us extra from a promising B team player making the move to first team. Apart from 3.5m spent.....

5. PaddyJamieson

I think he'll come good.

He's not a diddy, he has obvious qualities and ones that really suit us going forward. Just parts of his game that need work too. Young guy, new culture, new parent. Give him time. I think he'll prove himself a very good signing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    RabS, JML67 and Gazzi79 like this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree he's got potential and will improve. I mean the level Taylor is now is night and day from when he first arrived and he knew the league, culture and half the squad anyway.

Plus even if he does never settle we could probably punt him to La Liga for what we paid for him anyway.

Sgt Neppers* and PaddyJamieson like this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Minus getting brushed off the ball thought he was decent when he came on.

Rydo1888*, Taylor1 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Got in behind quite well..

Rydo1888* and PaddyJamieson like this.
  9. PaddyJamieson

Agree with both above. Though he looked really decent, linked up nicely and got in behind a few times. One poor cross the only blemish.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Has good attacking quality, linked well with Jota and Haksabanovic.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think if he got a run of games he would be more of an attacking threat than Taylor. Taylor is just a much more steady player currently, at both ends.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we have to sell some wingers, we could use him as a replacement (on the left). Loves to attack.

13. celtic20

I just think there are so many areas of his game that need to strongly come on further before he's playing regularly with us. A loan next season, in my view, looks like the next step for him. Just not seeing it so far, but he's only 22 and that has to come into consideration.

14. Foley1888

After that just after coming on and the cross right at the end aside, I thought he really added something, his pace and willingness to go beyond Jota gave him more space and a genuine option to get in behind. His simple passing wasn’t as wasteful today either.

Wllm likes this.
  15. Pearse67*

Defo has something going forward but as a defender gives me the fear.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fact still remains, Taylor to Berna is the biggest drop in quality throughout the entire squad in terms of back up.

He has miles to go to be a genuine first pick option when GT is fit and healthy.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Was decent when he came on.

18. horseshoe

When we signed him it was obvious he had pace and would be good going forward, done well today but you're never going to have a more pinned back team than one that's down a man, still real question marks over his defensive ability.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thought he was honking. Got dispossesed in dangerous positions at least twice in his first 10 minutes inexplicably.

Really want him to come good and he does look ok'ish going forwards but if he can't improve defensively then no idea why we would persevere with him.

20. Lewis Kerr

He lacks the intelligence to play the inverted role for us, I think. Defensively, Bernabei plays like he has no idea on how to he a left back. It's as if he's just been slung in to fill the numbers. Admittedly he's good in forward areas, but that isn't enough.

If he improves defensively and cuts out the stupid mistakes he has potential. But I just don't see that happening tbh. Like Starfelt he seems to have a moment of madness ingrained in him, whether or not he can fix that remains to be seen.