1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. EddieBhoy1986

Seems to have his head screwed on and a good attitude which will serve him well. A decent striker just not one who fits Anges system. Wish him nothing but the best in his future career and if he keeps up current form we should make back at least some of our money.

Creativecelt and neilly1987 like this.
  2. Onefootwonder

I still think there is a good player in there. It just hasn't worked out with us.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    GG and Ajeti up front! Hehe!

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Wish him all the best hope he keeps banging them in for his new club and they activate the BUY deal. Need to reinvest.

DonnyCelt and buchanbhoy like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://sksturm.at/n/schweizer-praezision-am-werk

Top scorer in Switzerland, stints in the German Bundesliga, the English Premier League and the Scottish Premiership – focus on our shirt number 9, Albian Ajeti.

In the final days of the summer transfer window, there was one big question for all Sturm fans: who will be our new number 9? With Albian Ajeti, Managing Director Sport Andreas Schicker conjured an internationally experienced Swiss out of a hat, who has already impressively demonstrated his nose for goals in his career so far. The 11-time Swiss senior team player scored against Vienna Austria for the first time for Schwoazn in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga and, particularly nice and important, he sunk the city rivals with his 1-0 winning goal in the first Graz derby in 15 years. In the interview below, the 25-year-old answers questions.

Albian, how did you find out about SK Sturm's interest in the summer?

That was an exciting final phase in the last transfer window for me. I had several offers, but for me “play, play, play” was clearly the priority. I had a very difficult year in Scotland with very few minutes behind me and Sturm Graz opened an exciting door for me, so I almost couldn't say no. I immediately noticed: they want to work with me here and take me to the next level.

What attracted you to SK Sturm?

For a player, no matter where he comes from and where he has been, it is important that you always take the next step and that this step makes sense. It was a good fit with Sturm, with the club management and the coaching team, that was one of the decisive factors for me, that people trust me here and I can develop further.

How and when was the transfer completed?

At the end of the transfer window, two days before closing. Then everything happened very quickly over the phone and through Zoom meetings. I slept on it one night, but to be honest I slept very little (laughs). Anyway, enough to be able to decide and I think it was all very close, but I'm happy that everything worked out in the end and we were able to get everything done.

How did you settle into the club or the city? Did someone in particular help you with this?

Settling into the city and the team was easy. With Gregy Wüthrich I really have a top person who helped me with everything: whether it was looking for an apartment, exploring the city or bringing the players closer and getting to know them. But I think that without him it wouldn't have been difficult to settle into this team because they are really cool and down-to-earth guys and I'm a down-to-earth boy too.

How does the Austrian Bundesliga differ from the Scottish or Swiss leagues?

To be honest, it's not easy to compare the league with Scotland and Switzerland. Many in Europe have noticed the progress that the Austrian league has made in recent years - especially of course the many teams that play internationally and do so successfully. Compared to Switzerland, where the quality has gone down a bit in the last few years, I have to say that Austria has a better league with more quality. And in contrast to Scotland, the league is not quite as aggressive, in Scotland it is even more physical and much stronger in the duels. Here in Austria it goes back and forth faster and that's good for football and for us strikers anyway.

What are your personal goals in Graz? As a forward fan, what can we expect from you this season?

First of all: Sturm fans, thank you for the warm welcome in Graz and your support in autumn! What you can expect from me is that you get a player who will give everything from the first minute to the last when I wear the jersey. I will not shy away from a duel and give the team the greatest possible support and score as many goals as possible.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good hopefully they will cough up the £2m for him

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

Just take him. He's already gone in my head so ill be raging if he starts popping up in training photos next summer with his wee hat on.

(Don't actually mind the big *, but we need him gone.)

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A good guy, always liked him. Never really got a chance at Celtic.

10. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Sounds genuinely gutted with how it went here. Think us as fans are sometimes guilty of detaching the human from the footballer. Hope it works out for him

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

is he big i thought he was a wee *

like everyones said some * buy him please

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s true but it’s a problem in football as a whole, not just us.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. jvalin

Probably an unpopular opinion: Wouldn't be against having him as our backup striker next season in case Sturm Graz don't activate his option. He's a big/strong striker. He'd give as a different option compared to Kyogo. I bet he'd score loads of goals if given a proper opportunity.

NakamuraTastic and Dan Breen like this.
  14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Punt.

Hammy89 and elbhoydo like this.
  15. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Shift asap

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He will need to up the numbers for Graz to take him. I don't think they will so it may be worth doing that rather than back on loan next season

17. horseshoe

The main thing going against him hanging around as backup is he's one of our higher earners, unless he really kicks on and starts banging them in like he did for Basel I think we'd rather get him shifted off the wage bill and put the money to use elsewhere.

18. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Poor bloke, seems gutted it never worked out here.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Got nothing against him but I don’t ever see him making it here.

Wouldn’t fit into our system at all.

20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’s not a bad player but is too injury prone