1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] AIK V Celtic Thursday August 29th 6PM Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 25, 2019.

Discuss AIK V Celtic Thursday August 29th 6PM Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

They’ve been hit with a UEFA Fine

The Uefa Disciplinary Committee (Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body) had a meeting on Thursday, August 22, 2019, when it went through all the notifications received from the match delegates during the first three qualifying rounds of the Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europa League. AIK Fotboll has now been sent all decisions and can confirm that the club is fined a total of € 102,500 for incidents in three matches during the qualifying game, two at away and one at home.

- Based on how UEFA has, in similar incidents, historically burdened clubs in the form of fines, the amounts feel quite expected. Of course, we are not satisfied with having to take money that could have been used to strengthen our core business and instead pay them in fines to UEFA, but of course we take our responsibility for the situation that prevails, says AIK Fotbols event and security manager Henrik Koch.

The three current matches for which AIK Football is notified are FC Ararat-Armenia - AIK at FFA Academy Stadium, NK Maribor - AIK at Stadion Ljudski vrt and AIK - NK Maribor at Friends Arena. During the summer, AIK Fotboll submitted their views on the total six entries in the three matches and the decision from Uefa was that AIK Fotboll will pay a total amount of € 102,500 within 90 days of the received message.

In the away match against FC Ararat-Armenia on July 9, 2019, AIK Fotboll was notified for 'Illicit chants' and the fine was € 10,000.

In the away match against NK Maribor on July 24, 2019, AIK Fotboll was notified for 'Throwing of objects' and 'Setting off fireworks' and the fine totaled € 10,500 after € 5,250 for throwing of objects and € 5,250 for setting off fireworks.

In the home match against NK Maribor on July 31, 2019, AIK Fotboll was notified for 'Throwing of objects', 'Setting off fireworks' and 'Crowd disturbances' and the total amount was € 82,000 after € 12,000 for throwing of objects, € 40,000 for setting off fireworks and € 30,000 for crowd disturbances.

- We also note that we need to work on updating and improving our routines in connection with match events, but also that we - members, employees, supporters together with the arena operator - jointly take responsibility for similar incidents not occurring again. The fact that we have disruptions in connection with our matches is a major failure for us as a club and a situation that I think no AIKs want, says AIK Fotboll's event and safety manager Henrik Koch.

Celtic Frost likes this.
  2. CountyDownFaithful

I know it’s not the style of football we enjoy but I’d like to see Lennon be pragmatic tomorrow night and show he’s learned from Cluj.

Gordon

Elhamed
    Ajer
    Jullien
    Jozo
    Bolingoli

McGregor
    Brown
    Christie

Forrest
    Edouard

Defensively solid and threat on the counter.

Artorias likes this.
  3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I feel like 5 defenders like that invites pressure. Pack the midfield for me

4. donnegal celt

I would start bayo instead off Eduardo tomorro. Eduardo doesn't hold or win many headers from long balls we play.
    If we putting in crosses into box bayo give there defenders a hard time.
    A fresh Eduardo coming on in 60 mins be more dangerous. Him running at tired legs.

5. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    A cool 3-1 win for us tomorrow night.

6. Crilly Hakuhna matata

EDOUARD is too valuable to leave out, needs to start he was super against them last week. His hold up and link up play is essential and then bring an energetic bayo on for the last 20

Hammy89 and moravcik1888 like this.
  7. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

In the Aik tv video, they said they took over Glasgow, "they was in two bars" and didn't see any Celtic fans at all the day befor the match.

8. murphy88

Edouard will 100% start tomorrow and rightly so. His hold up play in the games against Cluj and AIK was superb.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon revealed that centre half Jozo Simunovic will be unavailable for selection for the AIK game. But other than Tom Rogic, who has just returned to training from a long-term injury, everyone is fit. Hatem Elhamed, who has been out with a hip knock, should slot back in at right back

10. stew37

I think Édouard has been brilliant in our Euro games, I couldn't leave him out, holds up the ball so well, his link up plays been brilliant and can get a goal.

I'm just hoping we don't sit back. I don't think it's the way to play at all. We don't need to go all out but if we hold off and try and defend all game we'll regret it.

11. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

we got this, i am sure ..so sure

12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    4-5-1

Gordon

Hatem
    Ajer
    Jullien
    Boli

Forrest
    Christie
    Brown
    McGregor
    Johnstone

Edouard

Subs:
    Hazard
    Bitton
    Ntcham
    Hayes
    Sinclair (although it’s going to be Morgan:31:)
    Griffiths
    Bayo

The fact we have no adequate, natural defensive cover on the bench at this stage is pretty mental.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Simunovic out again, you couldn't write it.

14. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

My mind we need griff, in front at the begining

15. northeast67

Nothing against Morgan but your place in the team should be on merit so I presume Sinclair will be in his place.

16. Jeremie Frimpong

Forster
    Elhamed Ajer Jullien Bolingoli
    McGregor
    Christie Ntcham
    Forrest Édouard Johnston
    Gordon
    Bitton
    Brown
    Hayes
    Sinclair
    Griffiths
    Bayo

There is maybe a case for starting Bitton.

17. StevieBhoooy!

Let’s just get the job done...

Will trust whatever 11 go out but just pray for some proper game management from Lenny if/when required. It’s an area he seems unable/reluctant to act on when required and where BR (though I hate to say it) was spot on.

0-2. The Celts

18. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

19. jj81

I'm aff the mora , so a few refreshments shall be had , 1-1 , forrest

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Feel way more confident in these games with Fraser in goal. Proper commanding keeper.

JML67 likes this.