1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adidas- 5 year deal - Pre order- 10th July, New Home Kit

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jamiebhoy67, Feb 19, 2020.

Discuss Adidas- 5 year deal - Pre order- 10th July, New Home Kit in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Some of the stuff you mention here would take a wee while to implement and starving the club of income for prolonged periods could actually prevent some of the stuff you mention from being possible.

I do get it with fan engagement and that's something that could be fixed a lot more quickly. I'm hoping McKay really makes progress on this once he gets full control and his feet under the table. He's apparantley got a good track record for these things.

Really wanted to know if those boycotting the merchandise could be won back over with some simple things in the short term that would allow them to feel like re-investing asap OR it was deep rooted changes that they wanted before spending again as these will take a long time and with-holding money over a long time would be extremely detrimental & possibly counter productive.

Peej likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For sure, the backroom staff stuff would take a couple seasons to implement at least.

But the starting blocks can easily be put in place now.

Stuff like the fan engagement is easy enough, that should be apparent within weeks if they just take more active roles.

The backroom stuff can be convinced a bit early on with good engagement and telling us the plan here, not just the "modernisation of the club" sound bite they keep using.
    I think if they put down a marker, building blocks, started the process. Then folk would quickly turn back to spending money on Merch and the likes. I would for sure.

But if we don't do some sort of protest, then what else do we have?

Not a dig at you Mat, but we are collectively told that protesting in person is not okay, that booing the players/coach/board is not okay, banners not okay, social media/online outrage is not okay, withholding season ticket money is not okay, now not buying merch is seemingly not going to do it either.

So (without being rude, I mean this totally in a productive way to see both sides), the question could also be asked to the "other side". What will be deemed an appropriate action to get change? (assuming we all do agree that the club is not run perfectly and something is wrong)

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Yes, it will take time to implement but we're not forgetting they've had nearly a decade of reasonable comfort to bring the club into the 21st century and haven't. Also, we're just asking for signs. Despite what the club hierarchy say of us, we're actually quite reasonable in wanting changing and how we go about it. We want progress. We've pumped more than enough money into the club over the years and this is our only way to force action. You do the best you can with the resources at hand and the club by all accounts have failed to do this off the pitch for years and the chickens came to roost last season on the pitch.

The fan engagement can easily be fixed with a few gestures and press releases, of which we have seen one so far saying that the poor stream for matches and charging full price for unattended games with no further discounts for families that have more than one season ticket in their house, is value for money. A real classic Celtic 'get it up you' to their fans, isn't for good reading for change on that front. I do hope McKay does something on that front.

We're looking for a sign, any sign that Celtic value us and aren't taking us for granted as a cash cow for them. Ideally I want the boardroom all gone, but initially I'd accept an apology for how they've treated us and for them to take responsibility for digging their heels in thinking they knew more than us instead of keeping what wasn't working because it was a cheap option.

Maestro 08 and Peej like this.
  4. Maestro 08

There is a change though. We have a new guy leading the operation and we need to give him a chance to do some of the things fans are asking for imo. I would promote getting behind this new set-up and if there's no progress over the season then protests and things like that might be of use. Starving the club now doesn't quite make sense to me. This season has a huge prize at the end of it, whoever gets it will be top dog for a long, long time. We need every penny and every bit of support we can get.

Going back to the things you are asking for, they are extremely broad statements. There's nothing specific and that is a hard thing to satisfy. When you talk about staff and back room set ups you say things like 'building blocks' and 'putting down markers'. These are vague terms and your post is full of them. What do u actually, specifically want to see? Then how do you want that communicated to you? A Tiktok video message telling you we have employed a new u16's coach from Holland for example.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Christ Matt, I aint a CEO in charge of a multi-million football club.
    I don't see how much more detail you want me/us to go in to without ending up being called out on things that really are above my pay grade and I may get "wrong".

I can't name the 12 coaches we need for the first team, the 6 physios, the 8 analysts, the 3 doctors, the 25 scouts, the head of media communications and their 6 staff members.
    I can't name the equivalent number needed for the u23/dev/colt/call it what you want squad.
    Nor can I name the similar (but likely less) amount needed for the u18 squad.

I can't tell you that we need X amount of them signed by 30th June and the rest in sporadic parts by season 31st May 2023.
    I can't tell you we need to focus on one aspect of that recruitment.
    I can't tell you that the qualifications needed for the DoF (forgot to mention that earlier as a needed role) has to have 5 years experience across 2 clubs at a minimal level of Technical Director with a past playing career that at least won one world cup.

I can't write the statement itself that tells us half the information we would like them to communicate with us
    I can't write the scripts of a docu-series
    I can't schedule interviews with players
    I can't hire a camera guy, sound guy and a lighting guy and tell them to meet me at Lennoxtown on the 12th September.

I aint a CEO and I aint paid to work any of that out, but I am a fan of our club and football as a whole and know that we are woefully far behind in being anywhere near half the level we should be at.
    Broad statements is what we do, if you are wanting me to write our a proposal for you or the club on how to achieve a modern football club, then sorry, that just aint possible nor realistic. Literally there are men paid to do this - Dom McKay being the new one in charge to do exactly all of that.

As for Dom McKay, great we have that change, but it is about as useful right now as Ange coming in. Totally unknown quantity for us.

Dom has been in the job/a job for a couple months now though, and the early signs aren't suggesting much of the above stuff is actually happening.

As @Hammy89 says, we are an understanding bunch and if they show signs that they are on the right track, we will flood the club with our money again.

But the continued blind faith and acceptance just isn't good enough for a lot of fans any more. Blind faith and acceptance for decades has brought us to this point. How many more times do we say "next season is important" and convince ourselves that now is not the time to withold money from the club?
    News flash, LAST season was the most important in the last 50 years of this club, blind faith and acceptance let this club walk in to last season with Neil Lennon in charge, Strachan, Kennedy as his coaches and McManus and O'Dea working with youth players who were never/nowhere near ready for the first team.

As it stands, 2 months in to McKay tenure, we have just hired a manager that no one knows anything about (honestly, good luck and I am getting excited to see what he brings) and seem to be going in to the new season with the same squad(less than) and same backroom staff.

What part of the season do we deem it okay to say no to it? 10pts behind by Halloween?
    20 points behind by new year?
    out of the league run by March?

And then, at what point after that do we pretend to ourselves that next season is the big one again?

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    All they need to do is hire a DoF in some capacity and release a good statement with intent.

"We are pleased today to announce XXXX as the new Director of Football of Celtic.
    They will be tasked with overhauling the club from pitch to backroom staff including finding candidates for leading roles within recruitment and Scouting, Development, sporting anaylsts and the fitness team.

They will also be tasked with making sure the club ethos on football and approach to the game is replicated throughout the age groups to make sure that young talent at Celtic have a direction and focus to becoming the best talent they can for themselves and the club going forward"

A nice little sound piece by the new DoF and then within 2 weeks announce 3 or 4 key positions being filled (head of recruitment, head analysts etc)

That would be enough to signal to the rest of us that we are actually progressing forward.

In time we would become aware of new staff members being added, regularly communicated by the club, and over a number of years that would be all great.

We haven't done any of that. We are literally hiring a new manager from across the world and have not brought in a single member of staff to help him adjust - let alone able to help him do the job.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Everything @Peej said mate.. cracking post

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't think you can attribute blind faith, or acceptance, over having Lennon in charge. Most fans didn't want him yet he was still given the job. Most fans wanted him out very early last season and the board didn't care until it was far too late. It's the opposite of blind faith or acceptance tbh.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The acceptance was there, which turned in to blind faith. Same blind faith that's being used to get on board with Ange (not a dig at Ange at this point, I'm getting in board, blind faith as it would seem).

Many of us didn't want Lennon back at all, I for one.
    But we eventually accept it and then blindly assumed he wasn't the right man long term, but still had faith in him to get the job done.

The mood at the time (before last season) was he will do, just had to get through last season because of how important it was, then fix it this year.

We * it, now it's the same thing.
    Get behind the club and manager is what we get told, they need our support again (financial support again was told to back Lennon push), and again we blindly accept and hope Ange turns out good.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My point is that he was questioned the entire time he was here during his second spell. It's a bit of a tenuous observation imo.

Only other thing I've got to say in reply here is that of course we hope Postecoglou turns out good, we all want Celtic to be as successful as possible.

Peej likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Got the away top today, touch of class.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

More than happy to back the boycott

Keano88, Avatar Daizen, Bobo_ and 2 others like this.
  13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That is not good. Away top is a belter, that is the complete opposite

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That's terrible

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Annoying thing is, if it was all green pinstripes and the badges in the right place it would be utterly sexual. The badge is almost on the belly ffs

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

After seeing that, I'm glad I purchased a retro number for this season...

IMG_20210624_140339_compress19.jpg

packybhoy, reillers88, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  17. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Horrific top that, usually go for aways or 3rd strips but that is honkin.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That's the first away top I ever had :56:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That’s class.

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    That with a silent 'cl'?

johnboy19, AdamRS, Ciaran_67 and 5 others like this.