1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Mooy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 19, 2022.

Discuss Aaron Mooy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

That poor man does not like an interview, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else :giggle1:

Slaw, AussieGreek and craigtheceltic like this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Aye hes awkward as anything. Seems a quiet boy

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aaron Mooy is a player who already knows what it’s like to work under Ange Postecoglou, having done so when the current Celtic manager was in charge of the Australian national team.

And the 31-year-old midfielder, who has joined the club on a two-year deal, is looking forward to doing so again, knowing the standards that the Hoops boss demands of his players.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV after signing for Celtic, Aaron Mooy said: “It’s an amazing feeling and I’m just so happy to be here. It’s a massive club with a huge history, and I want to be part of it, so I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.

It’s always a bit stressful when you’re talking with a club, especially a club like Celtic because they’re such a massive club, so I’m delighted that it’s all done and I can get to work and hit the training ground.

'Ange was my coach for about three years in the national team so I know the standards he wants, and I’m looking forward to working with him again.'

“I’ve had a few weeks without the ball so I’m looking forward to touching the ball again and getting my fitness up and meeting my new team-mates and the staff.”

The Australian internationalist spent two years in Scotland with St Mirren between 2010-21, and while he was on the bench for a couple of games at Celtic Park, he never got the chance to play on the pitch.

Now he can’t wait to experience playing at Paradise in the green and white Hoops, and he wants his actions to speak for themselves once he starts playing.

“I’m going to do everything I can do well and be successful and try and help in any way I can,” he said. “I’m a midfielder, so I like to be on the ball – I don’t really like to talk about myself, but hopefully I can help the team.

“I played for St Mirren when I was a youngster – that was a while ago – and I’ve always been back and forth to Glasgow because of family, so it’s an amazing opportunity and one that I couldn’t turn down.”

Mooy’s Celtic connections go further than just having worked with Ange Postecoglou, because he’s also an international team-mate of Tom Rogic’s.

“I’ve known Tom a long time,” explained Mooy, “and we’ve spoken lots of times about Celtic. I was always interested to know what it was like for him in Scotland, and he’s obviously had an amazing period here with lots of success, and I’m sure I’ll be in touch with him shortly.

“I’m delighted to be here now and I just can’t wait to get started and join in with the group.”

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Interview was like pulling teeth.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Seemed very timid and shy..

No doubt had a nosey at this thread waiting to be interviewed..

6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Welcome.
    Was always decent when I'd seen him play, admittedly a while ago now and still doesn't address the DM issue, but Ange knows and has worked with him before and we will need bodies for a long hard season so I'm happy enough with him.

7. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Watched a lot of footage of him. Seems a little slow but technically very good. Likes a tackle and can spot a pass. So maybe I think that we're possibly looking at a three in midfield og Calmac, O'Riley and Mooy/Hatate. With Turnbull as well we have decent options. Anyways welcome to Celtic big man. Remember we don't stop

8. davidhannah

The guy speaks very slowly, there's nothing timid about a Celtic player. The jersey doesn't shrink to fit inferior players or sissys. He's obviously been playing in China where you need everything translated. Which is why he's speaking so slowly.

I can't wait to see him play. Mooy the Bhoy! Welcome to the biggest football club of your life!

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Played in Scottish football before; manager knows him well and he has family in Scotland - he should settle very quickly - looking forward to seeing what he can do in the hoops - The Aussies seem to rate him highly

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Speaking slowly because he played in China before :rofl:

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So, do we expect him to play in the DM slot?

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    On the face of it not a Hollywood signing, but that dosen't mean this guy won't make a good contribution, always a bonus if the manager already knows the player and what he can do.

You have to assume there is logic behind this, i'm pretty sure Ange wouldn't go along with a lazy signing just for the sake of it, he must think the player can do a job for us.

eire4 likes this.
  13. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Who gives a * if his interview comes across as timid, guy has 300+ club games under his belt and is an international, he's proven himself through his career. don't have to * sound like Mike Tyson pre-fight everytime. Bit rich considering that half the people criticising him here probably can't even string a sentence together in English.

Creativecelt likes this.
  14. davidhannah

The guy isn't timid. I've just youtubed an old video. I'm getting dyslexia vibes off him, adhd some people take longer to get their words out. He's a thinker and a footballing international star. The guy's going to do his talking on the park. He has done his talking on the park all his career. I support him. I want him to be a success. I'm excited to see what he has to offer.

Tam Rogic's favourite player. 31 years old Australian International with * loads of experience. Welcome to Celtic.

15. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He’s speaking slowly because he’s still trying to understand the questions due to the accent, in his head he’s thinking just nod smile and say yes love everything speak slowly.

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Guy looks cool as * like Zidane. He's got my backing.

Draupnir and davidhannah like this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Boring as *.

Punt.

King Kwon likes this.
  18. davidhannah

Aaron Mooys the man. He's our very own Zidane. We've got super Aaron Mooy!

George Theodorou likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Do fuckoff. Ta..

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member