1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

10 in a row Squad

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 20, 2020.

Discuss 10 in a row Squad in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Few transfer threads on the go

Are we linked with any defenders yet? Particularly a centre half, even more particularly, one who can play Left Centre Back?

Gyp Rosetti and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Our first 11 is strong as * but there are a couple of areas I'd like to see us add some depth to.

A CB is a definite, if any injury to our main 2 we'd be looking at Bitton and El Hamed having to fill in
    Coaching staff seem keen on Fletcher, if Bayo goes on loana dn Fletcher comes in we're left with 4 pretty good strikers to play up top through the season.

Aaron Hickey, LB cover for Taylor..another youngster I'd like to see us develop him and Taylor could be our LB's for years to come.

Turnbull in and loaned back to M'well for this season. One for the future if he can recapture the form he showed before his injury.

I know some folk would like LW cover in for Mo while Mikey is injured but I think Boli could cover until the wee man is back.
    So Fletcher, Hickey, Turnbull prolly around 3 mill for the lot to flesh out the squad and also with an eye to the future and a new CB to come straight into competition for first team spots. Thoughts?

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Fletcher and Hickey being couple of celtic fans...

Throw in Duffy and McCarthy and sorted for party for the 10

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This type of player is who should be priority before anyone else. Apparently we have just be beaten to a £5m french CB

5. Foley1888

Continue the clear out and get rid off Shved, Boli, Benyu, and Ralston as I don’t see them having a future at the club.

Then loan out the likes of Scott Robertson, Kerr McInroy, Lee O’Connor (would actually like to see him get a chance but hard to see with Frimpong) and Afolabi, possibly Welsh too if we bring in another CB. Aiming for SPL or league 1 in England at worst.

I would get Connell and Dembele more involved with the first team. Connell looked very impressive all be it in a friendly for 30mins but the way he received the ball, passed it and read the game was well beyond his years.

Other outgoings I think at least one of our better players will move on possibly 2, that would be from Eddy (really hope not), Ajer, Ntcham, Christie and not so much a better player recently but Rogic.

Incomings, no.1 priority would be a CB preferably left sided with a good physical presence. Not sure who for this position but Julien talked up people back home asking him about life at Celtic so maybe worth exploring an option there. I do like the look of Abdul Mumin on a free but not sure he would be ready to be a first team CB.

If we can move on Boli a Left back who is comfortable at LWB to compete with Taylor.

If Ntcham or Christie go I would like to sign a CM to rotate with Brown & CalMac such as Traore from Man Utd U23, Daniel Amarty from Leicester or Frank Oneyka from Midjtland. Someone who would bring energy and the ability to boss the game with the potential to be a long term successor to Brown.

If it was Rogic to go I would probably look at someone like Moussa Sylla (Can also cover wide positions or CF) released from Monaco on a free, or Cohen from Israel. Ideally someone who can cover any off the forward 3 positions in 4-2-3-1. Alternatively we could look at Moi moving more into that role and bring in another LW option.

Lastly another Striker would be good Klimala looks promising but with Griff not having picked up where he left of last season, we need someone else. Personally I would like to see someone come in with the physicality to play upfront alone incase Eddy gets injured and also as a bit of forward planning for when he eventually leaves. I don’t know much about Ajeti other than the YouTube clips which show him as a good finisher but don’t get a sense of his hold up play.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Barkas
    Frimpong, Ajer, Julien, Taylor
    Brown, McGregor
    Forrest, Christie, Ely
    Edouard

Bain
    Elhamed, Bitton*, CentreBack, Boli
    Soro, Ntcham
    Dembele, Rogic, Johnston
    Griffiths
    Hazard,
    Ralston,
    Connell, Shved, Henderson
    Klimala
    *Plays as CB but registered on club site still as CM and really we need two CBs with Bitton being versatile cover for multiple positions.

Loaned out: Gutman, Perez, Hendry, Bayo.

Shved, Ralston, Henderson all need moved on/loaned out to a strong side. Ralston moved on more so than the other two.

Need 2xCB's at least for me.
    With Bayo now out on loan a 4th striker is needed, although pretty obvious we are chasing Ajeti.
    LB boli needs punted, but till we get someone else actually lined up, we can't get rid too quickly.
    Middle of the park is strong and fine, Connell and Soro need given real game time to stake a claim and push their way in to the plans. Otherwise really what is the point in them being here?

7. CountyDownFaithful

Commanding CB
    Commanding CM
    Target Man
    Creative Winger
    LB

That’s what we need if we want to give ourselves a solid chance of securing the 10.

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I know it wont happen because when we play two strikers Lennon will want 3 at the back, but new signings permitted, I'd love a diamond shape
    Barkas
    Frimpong Julien Ajer Taylor/new LB

Soro
    Forrest Elynoussi

Calmac/Dembele
    Edouard Ajeti​
    I think with Calmac in the hole it offers a bit more versatility with him being able to drop back and make it a flat 4 in the middle.

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I find it bizarre, it not ridiculous that our fans are talking about throwing Soro who is completely unproven barring a few friendly appearances, into the first team that is to deliver number 10.

Folk need to get real.

10. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Im not saying i agree with them.

But Frimpong is the latest example to prove if your good enough then you play.

So only question is Soro good enough, and if so then he should be getting playing time this season

11. Jeremie Frimpong

E4764D95-16B7-444C-9391-E35164089B76.jpeg

Marty McFly and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I see your point but Frimpong forced his way into the first team plans by way of his performances in training.

Soro has been at the club for over half a season now and has done relatively little.

If you are talking about replacing Brown, you have to replace him with quality. Especially in such a big season. Thats my opinion, for what its worth.

13. oh bhoy

soro in the couple of times hes played has looked stong with good control,throws himself into tackles but his passing looked a bit slack dont think he should be in ahead of ntcham or bitton ,not yet anyway.i would like to see ajer hit the weights turn himself into the white bobo balde

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  14. Lewis Kerr

CB
    LB
    RW

These are ESSENTIAL for the 10.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Would like to see Hickey, even on top Douglas. I'd personally lose Boli and Taylor.

Would go for Duffy and Benkovic. Would even lose Ajer, possibly involved in Benkovic deal.

And for my guilty pleasure, Paddy back.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Duffy
    Bakker (loan) or Douglas
    Gyrano Kerk
    McCarthy

Would end things for me.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As it stands for me the squad in areas still looks very thin:

GK: Barkas, Bain, Hazard
    RB: Frimpong, Elhamed
    CB: Jullien, Ajer, Bitton
    LB: Taylor
    RM: Forrest, Dembele
    LM: Elyounoussi, Johnstone
    CM: Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, Soro
    No10: Christie, Rogic
    CF: Edouard, Klimala, Ajeti, Griffiths

for me

left back, Centre back and a winger 100% needed and soon!

WhitleyCelt and Smithy like this.
  18. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Because 3-5-2 i believe will get favoured, then a LWB might cover you along with a CB.

And also because the window is open to October and we would be vunerable to a cant refuse offer or player pushed move with Eddie, i would move griff on and get another striker in. Least if its late in the window that a development in the Eddie situation occurs, we have also brought another striker than relay on Griff.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Shane Duffy
    Mitchell Bakker (loan)
    Mbe Soh
    Gyrano Kerk
    Robin Olsen (loan)

Already posted some of those the other day, but the above would leave us with the strongest squad in years. Assuming everyone else stays.

How realistic the above is, is another question. But at least 3 of those positions need covered. CB, RW and LB. Whether it is those players is another thing.

20. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Noticed this pic on twitter. Be interesting to see how the squad at end of season compares to the guys from 2017 winning squad. Not too many of them still around. [​IMG]

NomDePlum likes this.