1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Stilian Petrov looks set to become Martin O'Neill's first signing as manager of Aston Villa when the Northern Irishman is, as expected, named as their new boss this week.

The Bulgarian international shared a good relationship with O'Neill when he managed Celtic and helped the player grow to become the quality player he is today.

Now O'Neill and Petrov will be hoping to re-unite in time for the start of the new Premiership season.

But Celtic will be holding out for £6-7 million for Petrov - money they hope can finance deals for a much needed striker and left back.

Also heading south is winger Ross Wallace.

The 21-year-old will train with Birmingham City this week after being given permission to find a new club.
Celtic are lining up bids for Messina midfielder Carmine Coppola and want-away West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas.

Cappola, who has two caps for World Cup winners Italy, could be available for around £2 million.

His agent said Celtic have been in touch with the Italian's club and the move looks set to develop during the week.

Gordon Strachan is also interested in bringing unhappy Wales midfielder Jason Koumas to Scotland.

Koumas has been on strike for the last three weeks with his club West Bromich Albion and fined repeatedly for his behaviour.

But Celtic could be ready to offer him a lifeline and a cut-price offer worth £1 million could be made for the player this week.

Meanwhile Celtic's interest in PSV striker Jan Venigoor of Hesselink looks to have died down after Poro bid £2.5 million for the player.

The big target man was hoping a move to Celtic could be arranged but the Scottish champions do not want to enter a bidding war with the Portuguese club.
Anatoly Tymoshchuk wants a move to Celtic according to his manager Mircea Lucescu - but the Shahktar Donetsk coach has slapped a £7.5 million price tag on his head.

The Ukrainian international has his mind set on a move to the Scottish champions after telling Lucescu he wants to go there rather than Feyenoord.

He said: "I have had a long talk with the player and I am sure he wants to go to Scotland.

"He said he wants to play in Britain and likes the idea of Celtic more than Feyenoord.

Celtic bid £3 million last week for Tymoshchuk which was thrown out by Donetsk.

An offer of more than double that is required if the Hoops want to land the player, according to Lucescu.

"Celtic have offered us hardly anything.

"I have promised him I will let him go because he wants to have an international career.

"But if I let him go for this kind of money then the value of all the players at my club will drop by half.

"He has 60 or 70 caps and is one of the best defensive...
Interested in helping keep the news section of TC up to date and accurate?

We're looking for a few new writers to help update this area of the forum as of late it's become more of a results page rather than news!

If you can take stories about Celtic and write them up in an entertaining, truthful and accurate way, please send me a PM with 'News' in the subject!!

Cheers!
On the day Celtic celebrated their 40th league title by unfurling the championship flag, the Bhoys played like Champions by cruising to an opening-day victory over Kilmarnock. The disapointment felt by thousands of Celtic fans unable to witness the unfurling of the championship flag due to teething problems with the new season card system was quickly forgotton about as the team eased to victory and continued Kilmarnock's dismal run without a win in Glasgow to 51 years.

Gordon Strachan named new signings Jarosik, Caldwell and Miller in the starting line-up for the match with Paul Telfer being a surprise omission from the squad. Mark Wilson was moved to his natural right-back position and Mo Camara started on the left despite induring a torrid time in Wednesday nights horror show against Manchester United.

Celtic started brightly and infact Camara's runs and crosses were the early inspiration for Celtic, who created the better early chances which seen Miller and Nakamura both...