1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

World Cup runners-up France travel to Hampden Park for the clash of the top two sides in Group B on Saturday but injuries and suspensions prevent the Scottish national side having any Celtic players in the fold.

The suspension of Kenny Miller is a major blow to Scotland as the inform striker has scored in his last two appearances for Scotland including the winner in Lithuania. And with other attacking options such as Maloney and Beattie only returning from injury and Riordian out of favour at the club, the Scottish attack will lack a cutting edge.

In defence, Mark Wilson is still sidelined with a broken foot and McManus is expected to be over-looked by manager Walter Smith for the central defensive pairing of Pressely and Weir who performed so well in the opening two fixtures. Injuries to Kevin McNaughton, Graeme Murty and Russell Anderson has stretched Smith's defensive options to breaking point as the Scots look to continue their great form of the past year.

And with...
Shunsuke Nakamura reckons Celtic are not ready for the challenge of Premiership leaders Manchester United in tomorrow night's Champions League clash at Old Trafford.

The Japanese playmaker thinks the Scottish champions will be fortunate to come away with a point.

He has also criticised Celtic's attacking stlye and the long ball which was regularly played to Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink against Aberdeen at the weekend.

He told the Sun: "We need to improve as a team before this game because we're not playing well enough for the Champions League

"We have brought in two or three new players and, unfortunately, we still don't know each other well enough.

"So far this season, I don't think we've been playing well as a team.

"For me, we played too many long balls to Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and that's not good enough for the Champions League.

"It's hard to win down there, so for us it will be vital to defend in this game.

"Right now, I think a draw would be an...
New Aston Villa signing Stan Petrov has spoken for the first time of the real reasons behind his desire to leave Celtic and play in the English Premiership.

The Bulgarian, who was subject to a £6.5 million move from the Scottish champions after requesting a transfer at the end of last season, said his lack of motivation for the Scottish game meant he had to move.

Petrov said that during a game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle in March this year where he was substituted for Stephen Pearson in the 29th minute, he lacked the desire to play for the club.

Strachan at the time said the player had a hamstring problem but Petrov has admitted this was not the case.

He told the Sunday Mail: "It feels strange to no longer be a Celtic player but, for my own sake, I had to try something different.

"It all started during a game against Inverness at the end of March.

"It was early in the match and I felt no motivation, no drive inside my body to play football.

"It had...
Celtic have sold Ross Wallace and Stanislav Varga to Sunderland in a double transfer worth around £1 million.

Wallace, who had been on trial at Birmingham City last month, has signed a three year deal with Roy Keane's side whilst Varga signed a two year contract.

Neil Lennon however will remain a Celtic player after speculation had also linked him with a move to Sunderland.

But the Celtic captain was quick to inform the fans that even though he was staying, this would be probably be his final season in the green and white.

Young midfielder Paul Lawson has joined St. Johnstone on loan for the remainder of the season.

Dion Dublin could still make an amazing return to the club after the deadline as he is currently a free agent.
Peter Lawwell has hinted that more players could join Celtic in the next 24 hours before the transfer deadline slams shut.

Celtic's Chief Executive was delighted with the signing of Real Madrid's Thomas Gravesen to add to the recently signed Dutchman Jan Venegoor of Hesselink and Lee Naylor from Wolves.

Over the past 48 hours, the Scottish champions have been linked with a number of players from across Europe including Liverpool's Jan Kromkamp and Scott Brown of Hibs.

Hoops fans will be glad to hear that Lawwell has indicated that Gravesen's signing does not mean the end for Celtic this window.

He said: "Who knows? I find it amazing that people still do business right to the end of the transfer window, so stay tuned."

Lawwell was quick to defend the delay of Gravesen's transfer and assured fans that the right deal was done and in the right manner.

He told Celtic TV: "These deals are a bit complex when you are dealing with a club like Real Madrid, who have high...