1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Celtic could be facing the possibility of playing their biggest game of the season behind closed doors.

The Italian government has indicated that it may force clubs which have stadiums that do not meet current safety standards to close them to spectators.

All domestic and international football in Italy was postponed indefinitely following the death of a policeman during a riot after the Sicilian derby between Catania and Palermo.

Only 5 stadiums in Italy currently comply with the rules, and the San Siro is not among them.

If the threat is carried through it could mean massive disappointment for the tens of thousands of Celtic fans who were planning to descend on Milan for the Champions League match.
Paul Hartley called it 'a dream come true' at Celtic Park today as he was unveiled as Gordon Strachan's latest signing.

The Hearts midfielder has moved along the M8 for a fee of around £1 million after snubbing Rangers on deadline day.

'I'm over the moon. It's a dream come true for a boyhood Celtic supporter like me and I'm glad that I'm finally here.'

'I've come here to win silverware and hopefully I can achieve that'

Hartley could make his debut against Livingston in the Scottish cup on sunday after missing Hearts' third round tie through suspension.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is thought to be working towards bringing the Celtic midfielder to Birmingham before the transfer window closes tonight.

It is believed that Maloney has agreed to sign a pre-contract agreement with the midlands club, but O'Neill would prefer to have him now.

If the move goes through, Maloney will link up with his old manager, as well as Stilian Petrov and Chris Sutton.

Celtic should not be too hard to deal with, after the capture of Paul Hartley and with Aiden McGeady and Derek Riordan able to play in Maloney's wide left position.
Celtic are making a deadline day bid to sign Hearts and Scotland midfielder Paul Hartley

The Tynecastle club are reported to have accepted a bid of just over £1 million from the hoops.

Hartley is a self confessed Celtic fanatic, who has previously requested a transfer when the hoops last made a bid for him. It's thought he is still negotiating terms in Glasgow before having a medical.

Known for his ferocious will to win he was a late developer in the game, but his move into central midfield saw him become a star at Hearts and also gain international recognition.

The chance to play for the team he has always supported should hopefully finally arrive and he could soon team up with his former team mate Steven Pressley.

*EDIT* The move is now only subject to a medical after the player agreed terms with Celtic.
Celtic win Highland battle

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink struck an injury time winner to win 3 points for the hoops at Inverness today.

Celtic had taken the lead through Derek Riordan only for Bayne to level for Inverness before the last gasp winner.

It was a poor match throughout with Inverness Caley's overly physical approach not allowing much good football to be played. It was no surprise that both teams suffered injuries during the match with the highland cloggers determined to kick their way to a decent result.

They were helped with their 'kick your opponent then kick and rush at the ball' approach by referee Ian Brines who seemed to allow just about everything short of grievous bodily harm while pulling up Vennegoor of Hesselink for numerous soft fouls on Dods.

Not for the first time this season Brines showed himself to be one of the worst referees in the country during a Celtic match. Calling him biased would indicate a level of intelligence so the best way...