1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan is eyeing up a move for Swedish International Christian Wilhelmsson.

Wilhelmsson has 43 caps for Sweden and has faced Celtic in the Champions League with Anderlecht. He joined Nantes in 2006 but was loaned out to AS Roma and would be available for around 3 million euros. He is only 27 and can play on either side of the pitch but is naturally right footed with explosive pace.

Strachan is in the market for a winger with pace with Aiden McGeady the only player naturally suited to that position.

Could Wilhelmsson be about to join the list of great Swedes to play for the Bhoys?
comments from manager Gordon Strachan at the club's Swiss training camp :

Re Gravesen

"I won't work with him any more than I'll work with any of my players,"

"It's quite simple - Marcello Lippi always said if you tell a player four times where to be and what to do and they don't get it, then forget it.

"He got the same time as everyone else last year and it'll be the same again."

After the game with Young Boys of Berne ,he commented

"You have to enhance your talent at Celtic because there are lots of talented people and the hungrier ones will be the ones who are successful."

Im personally not sure what he meant regarding Gravesen , is that a dig at him or not?

does he want shot of him or not ? If he's not happy with Gravesen is he not better saying it to him rather than a reporter ?

:shamrock:
displayimagepi4.jpg

Reports of a ' £1MILLION release Clause' In Shunsuke Nakamura's Celtic contract have been quashed by His representative Robert Takuda.

The Japanese midfielder current Parkhead deal had supposedly been closely examined by lawyers and his 'representative' Angelo Massone had declared that a loophole does clearly exist.

Massone is a Italian-based lawyer, who has worked side-by-side with Nakamura's agent Roberto Tukuda since the 29-year-old arrived from Serie A side Reggina two years ago, and he claimed to have read through the controversial contract and the all-important clause himself.

Massone said: "There has been a new development and the clause is in the contract.

"I have seen the contract myself and it is definitely there. I am sure of that.

"This changes the situation, obviously, but there are no meetings planned with Celtic at the moment.

"If they want to speak, we are ready."...
Nicholas Anelka is strongly believed tonight to be a target of celtic boss Gordon Strachan.

Anelka started out at Paris Saint-Germain as a youth player. In November 1996, at the age of 17, he joined English club Arsenal for a fee of £500,000, under newly appointed Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger.

His first team opportunities were limited in the 1996-97 season, but in the 1997-98 season he broke into the first team, after a long-term injury to striker Ian Wright. Anelka was a key player in Arsenal's "The Double" win, of both Premier League championship and FA Cup trophy that season. Anelka scored the second goal in Arsenal's 2-0 win over Newcastle United in that season's FA Cup final.

A player with exceptional pace and finishing ability, he won the PFA Young Player of the Year Award in the 1998-99 season, but Arsenal failed to defend their Premiership title and made little progress in the UEFA Champions League. In addition, Anelka made it clear he wanted a better...
Celtic will battle Premiership clubs for West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas this summer.

The Daily Record says the 27-year-old has informed West Brom boss Tony Mowbray he has his heart set on leaving this summer - whether or not the club secures promotion to the Premiership.

Koumas operates as a midfield playmaker, creating goals for others as well as scoring many himself.

On August 23 Last Year ,Koumas made a massive U-turn in his West Bromwich Albion career by signing a new three year deal at the club. His club careerwas then rejuvenated under new manager Tony Mowbray, becoming a first team regular again, and put in several man of the match performances during 2006-2007.

On March 3 Koumas claimed that he would love a move to the premiership and he claimed that Portsmouth FC would be his ideal club.

Koumas was named the Championship player of the year at the Football League Awards in March 200

Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City, Portsmouth and...