1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Former Motherwell defender Chris McCart has been appointed as the head of Celtic's youth academy.

McCart had a similar role for the last seven years at Motherwell and takes over from Tommy Burns, who died of cancer in May. "I was honoured to initially have been asked by Tommy to be his assistant," McCart told Celtic's website.
"I enjoyed my time immensely at Motherwell and want to wish everyone at the club the very best for the future."
McCart goes back to Celtic for a second spell as a coach.
Before taking up his previous role at Fir Park, he was part of the Celtic youth development staff.
"It is a real pleasure and privilege to return to Celtic, a club which I have a great affection for," he said.
"I am now looking forward to the many challenges which lie ahead."
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "We are delighted to welcome Chris...
DSC00959.jpg
"Sea of Green off to Africa"

The sea of Celtic shirts from outside Celtic Park as a tribute to one of Celtic´s most cherished sons, Tommy Burns are being sent to the children of Africa. Boys and girls will be able to wear them with pride when taking part in organised training sessions throughout Africa.

The strips will be sorted to make matching strips washed and handed over to local charity (GtCC)before being sent to projects all over Africa, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia will be there destinations.

Ross Galbraith The charity’s International Projects Director, said: “All football fans share in the sadness at the death of Tommy Burns, but through this kind donation and our creative partnerships across Africa, one of Tommy’s many positive legacies will be the coaching of thousands of...
strip1.jpg
“Gold for glory”

This new strip available next month brings together Nike´s cutting edge Sphere Dry fabric technology with a poignant message of tolerance and equality which is embroidered within the collar.

Celtic’s new away shirt is made of the same fabric that was first introduced by Nike for national team kits worn in the 2006 World Cup.

The cutting edge technology allows players to feel fresh throughout use, by keeping excess sweat away from the body. It does this by raised nodes that lift the fabric away from the body which reduces cling. This has obvious benefits to the player as less restriction of body movement and a lighter non sweat ridden jersey will obviously help enhance a player’s performance.

With the words “It’s not the creed nor...
janvennegoor23d2a7beez0.jpg
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS :celt_2::celt_2::celt_2:

[​IMG]

Boruc,

Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor (Wilson]

Nakamura, Hartley, Robson (Samaras ], McGeady

McDonald, Vennegoor of Hesselink

Goals - Nakamura 20, Vennegoor of Hesselink 90

Discuss the match here: http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/34908-celtic-vs-rangers-official-chat-thread.html

CELTIC Football Club is delighted to announce today that former club captain Neil Lennon is to join the club's full-time coaching staff with immediate effect.

Neil will be working with the first team under the direction of Celtic manager Gordon Strachan.

The Irishman, a hero among supporters throughout his time at the club, takes up his new role immediately and will be in the dugout at Celtic Park on Saturday for the game against Motherwell.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan said: “Neil is someone who I am proud to have worked with previously and is a man who I have great respect for.

“Neil has made a huge contribution to Celtic over a number of years and has been a major part of the club's success in recent times.

“We were disappointed to lose Neil and he is someone who I was very keen to have back at the club.

“With his qualities, Neil will be a very valuable addition to our team and we are very much looking forward to working with him.”

And speaking...