1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Celtic Flop Adam Virgo Goes Back Down South.

After 3 years of * for himself and the Celtic fans, Adam Virgo has today left the club on a free transfer and went back to former club Brighton.

The 25 year old defender was one of Strachan's first signings at the club and not one of the cheapest. Virgo cost the club £1.5million and when he was subbed in his first appearance for the club things never got any better.

After only 12 appearances for Celtic and getting sent out on loan twice, Virgo has ended his Celtic nightmare and has freed up some cash for the club.
Don’t go! Lubo tells Nakamura

Celtic´s, ex little magician Lubomir Moravcik has urged the current sorcerer of Parkhead Shunsuke Nakamura. Too reject advances made by Italian side Bologna. Lubo said

"If AC Milan put together a bid and make Celtic an offer for you then you go. But if Bologna do the same thing the answer is no,”

"You never leave a big club like Celtic for a smaller one like Bologna. There isn't even a question to be answered.

"It all depends on how the player feels and I wouldn't pretend to know Naka's thoughts on how much longer he wants to stay in Glasgow.

"But I know the move to Celtic was the biggest thing that happened to me in my career...
Scott McDonald Is To Wear The Number 7 Shirt For The Forthcoming season.

McDonald who had a tremendous start to his Celtic career, scoring 31 goals, signed a new 5 year contract last week. However it has emerged today that during those talks the plan to give McDonald the illustrious number 7 shirt were approved.

The shirt has been wore by many Celtic greats and holds a certain amount of pressure, mostly because it was wore by Celtic's greatest every player Jimmy Johnstone and off course a certain Mr Larsson.

As per usual some fans would have preferred to see it go to a player with a bit more skill, i.e McGeady but if McDonald can have another season like last then he certainly will have earned it.

McDonald is the 3rd player to try and fill the Celtic shirt since Henrik Larsson left, and will hope to do a better job than the previous two, Juninho and Maciej Zurawski.
Lawwell lays out transfer plans!!

Celtic’s commander in chief Peter Lawwell released a statement of intent today, assuring, the faithful that Celtic, is in hot pursuit of new talent. He also expressed his and Gordon Strachan’s desire to strengthen an already strong squad to help solidify Celtic’s position at the top of Scottish football. Lawwell said.

“I can assure Celtic supporters that we are working hard once again to strengthen the squad for the coming season,”

“Clearly, we have a squad of high-quality, talented players at the club and we were delighted that this team worked so hard to lift the club's third championship in a row.

The usual silly season has arrived with its usual vengeance. Persistant press speculation linking what seems like a new name everyday with an imminent move to paradise,...
Olifinjana linked, Sammy wanted & Artur Boruc world’s best!!!

Wolves Nigerian midfielder, Seyi George Olifinjana who has been transfer listed by Wolves, is today being linked with both Celtic & Blackburn Rovers in a possible 3 million pound transfer. On the 23rd June 2008, Wolves confirmed that they had accepted a transfer request from the player. The 28-year-old signed a four-year extension in October 2007, but a release clause was inserted which has now been activated. Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey said: "We agreed that, should the club miss out on promotion, we would circulate his name for transfer if he wished.

Georgios Samaras - SERIE A sides Lazio and Lecce are said to be making moves towards Celtic´s on loan Greek International. Samaras who played his part, scoring many vital goals in Celtic´s SPL title winning push, joined on loan during...