1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup - Colombia v England - Last 16

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Marty McFly, Jun 29, 2018.

Discuss World Cup - Colombia v England - Last 16 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    I get that, not asking anyone to support them. And im not going to talk about anti englishness because it doesnt stem from football, but atleast England can actually get to a world cup despite being *.
    Its a whole different story when you can cheer on your own country regardless of how bad they are.

2. Keano88

Am keeping mines :fear:

3. borobob

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juninho
    It's no different to me wanting Sunderland or Newcastle to get * and embarrassed at every opportunity, there's nothing wrong with it, it's rivalry of a kind.

What is a bit tinpot though is the "oh they're getting carried away" bollocks though. Of course we are, we are at the world cup, it's what your * meant to do.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

For many it’s no really a rivalry though, myself included. That’s the entire point.

Having to listen to commentators rabbit on about 1966 and talking past Colombia is teeth gnawingly cringy. We just want to watch the football up here we don’t GAF about England.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    The whole media around England i would agree with others that its cringeworthy but people seem to be getting carried away themselves on here, taking sarcasm as arrogance.
    Im obviously in the wrong company but i support England right now and i know they will get beat and it will be funny.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  6. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No one has said it's not a whole different ball game, yeah it would be great to be there and if we were, we would be delighted, of course we would.

Would we be prattling on about winning it? Nope....Scotland knows it's place....Unfortunately England doesn't, the crap that the media constantly peddles is vomit inducing to say the least.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

That's ironic, considering you're doing everyone else's * in.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Keano88

Aye, to be fair, if Scotland were in that side of the draw I’d be dreaming of making the final too.

Or if Celtic make the last 16 of Europa etc.

Dream away I say, Bob!

borobob likes this.
  9. Mr. Slippyfist

The whole reason no * likes England or the football team (apart from obvious reasons) is that you cannie even watch a game like * South Korea v Mexico (example) without some smarmy English * of a commentator making some reference to England or English fitba.

I get the optimism and hope and all that jazz, but * me it's the same every * tournament - some folk think England have the divine right to lord it over everycunt as well as flapping their gums without going as far as to blatantly say they deserve to win it.

And the absolute wankfest when Germany got put out was nothing short of disgraceful - even watched something on good morning tv (or whatever the * it's called) in some English boozer - * pulled down the germany flag from the ceiling and the stupid cow of a reporter started using the flag to clean the bar.

Disgraceful, precisely one of many reasons why I hope, or should I say expect Engerlund to fall flat on their smug rancid faces once again.

Still like you though, Mr. Bobington xx

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You're doing our frigging * in, seriously!

You can't expect to come on to a forum, where most users are from Ireland and Scotland and rip the * out of our teams and think you're going to get an easy ride.....have a little bit of decorum.

We're sick of hearing about England and use our forum , where like minded people post to moan about it, cannae even frigging escape it on here.

A bigger person would laugh it off and have a joke....not have snide digs.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The number one arrogant nation England.

You won’t win * all.

StPauli1916 and Celtic Frost like this.
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

Liam Scales, Celtic Frost and Marie like this.
  13. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

[​IMG]

Marie likes this.
  14. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    [QUOTE post: 6029518, member: 19128"]You're doing our frigging * in, seriously!

You can't expect to come on to a forum, where most users are from Ireland and Scotland and rip the * out of our teams and think you're going to get an easy ride.....have a little bit of decorum.

We're sick of hearing about England and use our forum , where like minded people post to moan about it, cannae even frigging escape it on here.

A bigger person would laugh it off and have a joke....not have snide digs.[/QUOTE]
    So when you do it, its just rivalry but you get some stick back and im having snyde digs.. thats fair Marie.
    Fire away, but does it stem from hatred? thats why i react to it. I honestly dont care about England after the world cup but if i offended you about Scotland then i guess people are getting a taste of thier own medicine.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If only you could see this round of applause Marie :57:

Marie likes this.
  16. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Touched a few nerves i see, carry on haters.

17. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

So when you do it, its just rivalry but you get some stick back and im having snyde digs.. thats fair Marie.
    Fire away, but does it stem from hatred? thats why i react to it. I honestly dont care about England after the world cup but if i offended you about Scotland then i guess people are getting a taste of thier own medicine.[/QUOTE]

Sticks and stone, snide wording, feel the medicine of our own..still no care?

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Touched a few nerves but greeting about people doing your * in on this very page :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Would slap the beret right off his head and stick his spud gun up his *

Celtic Frost likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No really Henry Clarkson.