1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's at fault?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Feb 23, 2018.

Discuss Who's at fault? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Personally i blame the * Russians. :67:

JML67 likes this.
  2. Sween

The lack of spending in january when we all knew the areas of weakness that needed strengthened. As usual we chose to ride our luck rather than spend.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Option 1 in the poll is the closest to the truth. Namely, Jozo, DDV and Lustig.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    All of the above.

5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    mostly the players.......they've being lauded enough about last season and rightly so.....now it's time to actually roll the sleeves up and don't expect the treble to happen just because they're better than everyone else......they are but they need to do a couple of shifts to prove it!! Half a team of prima donnas.

ps- someone said it last night and it's right...the biggest threat to our treble is Celtic!!

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They win as a team and they lose as a team. As critical as I’ve been of Lustig and De Vries over the past 24hrs... the whole team needs to shoulder the loss. That includes the manager, coaching staff and board.

7. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It was the same 11 who totally dominated the Russians last week. For me it rests on those 11 players who bottled it last night and put up no fight whatsoever, where did the desire go in the space of a week?.

We can't play the way Rodgers wants to play with our defence in Europe against better teams, they just aren't up to it at all. We've got the makings of a good defensive, counter-attacking squad for these types of games. Demeble and Rogic holding the ball up top. Pace in wide areas with KT, Forrest, Sinclair, Musonda. Strength in the middle with Brown, Ntcham and Eboue, All we are missing is a dominant defence.

We should have strengthened in January and everybody knows it. Goalie, RB,2 CB and a sub left back is badly needed IMO along with a massive clear out. I've no idea who to blame on the recruitment front.

On paper & on the calendar its progress this year, but it hasn't been performance wise.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Rodgers came out and said he got everything he wanted and praised the backing given by PL & DD.

If that's the truth it absolves the board entirely and places blame squarely on himself.

If it's not then Rodgers is doing the supporters a disservice covering up for the board's lack of investment.

Neither option is particularly positive in Rodgers respect.

bhoy81 and Sween like this.
  9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Bang on the money for me that!.....i'd love to know the answer to that 1st paragraph. For me, we've actually regressed and before anyone says it i'm not exepcting last years levels...it was a one off!! It's the EXTENT of our regression!!

10. Sween

I agree 100%

11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    First bullet point on every managers contract......'you shall praise the all mighty board regardless'......makes you wonder!!

12. ddub11

Great thread,some honest points and while no enjoys knocking the team its great to hear some honest and refreshing comments regarding our team at the moment .

bhoy81 likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely. By all accounts he told them he wouldn't be continuing the 3-man panel to rule over signings, brought in his own sports science and scouting team.

I didn't think he was board stooge.

If he's not then he deserves criticism over the recruitment. After resounding pumpings from PSG, Bayern and Hearts, if a reserve Dundee GK and young CB were his idea to combat it then questions need to be asked.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

100% bud, we are all hurting but they are all valid points.

You normally get called a hun or not a real fan on here by the same bunch when you call it how it is.

When things are going well praise is given and when it's not then people should be able to criticise as well.

I remember Sutton got hammered for telling how it is under Deila a good few including myself and other posters said the same thing because we are fans and it hurts but get called huns ect.

Sutton then praised the side under Rodgers and these same lot then got behind him saying he is just a fan and he is given credit when it's due.

I like a good debate and everyone will have different views but I think more people are seeing cracks now when others called it at the start of the season.

We should be adding to the side each season and building on a position of strength, we dropped the ball again and now it' showing.

We could go out and pump the sheep at the weekend and praise will be given and you will get the same old people on here saying ah look ect, it happened with the Hearts game as well.

I still think we will win the league but we still need 7-9 players in the summer.

15. ddub11

Couldnt put it better meself.

bhoy81 likes this.
  16. oh bhoy

Did anyone really believe Rodgers when he said that? ,he never says anything negative about anyone or anything I'm pretty sure if someone kicked him in the nuts he would have a very diplomatic response.
    The signings for this season have been ridiculous ,ntcham looks to be the only one worth the transfer fee

bhoy81 likes this.
  17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Same team as the first leg and they never performed to the same standard, for me it solely lies with the players for last night, Zenit aren't that good they just took advantage of our mistakes. Had we done the same 1st leg and got 2/3 it may have been different.

As for our other failings in Europe this season it is all of the above.

oh bhoy likes this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I thought he was being a yes man if I'm honest.

I hope I'm wrong though time will tell and I think we will see if that' the case this summer.

We have no excuse this coming summer window about money and scaremongering about ending up like them or we habe to wait for getting into the champions league first and leave it very last min.

We should be looking to start recruitment now and putting it in place early in the window.

But I am not going to hold my breath.

19. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    I selected ‘other’ as I forgot to put my lucky underpants on in time.

JML67 likes this.
  20. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    2001/02
    Celtic 1 Porto 0 Porto 3 Celtic 0
    Celtic 1 Rosenberg 0 Rosenberg 2 Celtic 0

2004/05
    Celtic 1 Shakhtar 0 Shaktar 3 Celtic 0

2006/07
    Celtic 1 Copenhagen 0 Copenhagen 3 Celtic 1

Some similar examples to St. Petersberg
    Who was to blame for each of those away collapses?