1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 7, 2019.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They are miles apart mate and you know it.

2. Celticbhoy17

Am i the only one who found all his gushing posts on social media totally cringe worthy?

Mystic Penguin and Gully Sands like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Being female doesn’t excuse that pish. :giggle1:

Random Review likes this.
  4. clonbhoy

Considering he came through an American sports academy I thought it was very reserved.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    How so? Both refusing to play for Celtic when given the opportunity.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't really blame him tbh. Why risk his relationship with his international manager/coaches, just to sit on the bench for us for the rest of the season?

8. clonbhoy

Why wouldn't he prefer the USA!? He moved here on loan in January ffs! People seem to think think, or at least PTT does, that as soon as they arrive at Celtic they are going to become Celtic fanatics. Considering the short while he was here, I think he showed he understood the fans when he was here, far better than any kid on loan should.

I know lots of Celtic fans aren't bothered by international football, but lots of people, including a lot of players, albeit fewer than in the past, still are. His desire to play for the USA is in no way a slight on Celtic, or in anyway disrespectful to the club.

At the same time, if this is the end of the road, we may as well just let him go and wish him all the best. I will keep an eye out for him. I would have loved him back next season, but que sera sera and all that bollocks.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    freitassen likes this.
  9. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    thought Lennon did him dirty a bit by not playing him more and that's probably led to his bad attitude. He can miss the USA's first game and be available for the final and then fly out to Poland the day after and still be there a day before their 2nd match against Nigeria.

10. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Club priorities come first it’s as simple as that. Can’t say I’ll miss him. Decent player. We need better

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  11. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Club before country.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. clonbhoy

I would be the opposite, but either way, you have to be able to empathise with his decision. It shouldn't be held against him.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is the problem in Scotland, Hibs are not a diddy club; but they have a diddy club mentality. It's all very well for the manager of Kilmarnock to laugh at Mulumbu always being late for training for example, they're almost the definition of a * wee club; Hibs ought to have higher standards than that.

This is a big reason why Scottish clubs outwith us and Oldco have massively punched under their weight in Europe the last 20 years. I just looked and Hibs and Hearts have almost exactly the same average attendance as Rosenborg or Copenhagen or AIK (and only a little less than Malmo) and Aberdeen aren't far off it; yet (while hardly massive European powerhouses), these Scandinavian clubs are miles ahead of us.

So actually, if Neil Lennon wasn't absolutely demanding much higher standards from his players than the usual at Hibs, I think I'd maybe be less inclined to give him the Celtic job.

Liam Scales, clonbhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. clonbhoy

That's a good post. I think I have touched on it here before regarding how other Scottish clubs prepare for Europe. You hear stories of lads at Aberdeen and St. Johnstone on the * in Tenerife and the like a week before their qualifiers. It is an attitude within those clubs that needs changing and it is clear that Lennon was trying to change it at Hibs.
    It is also one of the many failings I see in McInnes.

Liam Scales and Random Review like this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That wasn’t my point.

16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    tbf I'm pretty sure Deila said he was shocked at some of the player culture that had been created when Lennon was first in charge, didn't he say that guys were eating * all the time, and I can't remember what player (maybe Mulgrew) said players had hangovers a day before match day due to celebrating a european game win? Van Dijk cheating on his pregnant wife eg.. This is what worries me with Lenny, really don't want the standards to slip off the park now Rodgers is gone

17. clonbhoy

That was a while back that. I think Lennon has matured a lot in this regard.
    I think a lot of the problem with Lenny coming back, even briefly, is the division of the support into two camps of for and against, which stops a proper assessment of him .

celticfan01 likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Deila was a big one for trying to blame his problems on the previous manager. He made that team unfitter than it ever was - Mulgrew summed it up best, he looked the best he has in his life but could barely run the length of himself.

That’s what a keto diet tends to do though.

Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The reactions here have been pathetic. There is no evidence that Ramos ever had a deal with Lennon. None. It's not been reported anywhere in the US. As I said before, Ramos refused to do a deal with Schalke last time around for Weston McKennie, who is much, much more highly rated than Weah is. Schalke actually went public about the whole situation so that Americans wouldn't blame them for blocking McKennie from joining the U-20 World Cup. This is being reported in the US media as Lennon doing Ramos a favor and being honest with Weah about where he stands in the club.

Weah is an incredibly enthusiastic young guy who is promising but has serious shortcomings in his game that need to be developed. Rogers took him here, he had a good start, then a combination of change in management, less playing time, and being found out a bit by the opposition led to poorer form. Beyond being overly enthusiastic at times (which isn't fake, he found a pick-up game in Manhattan on Instagram once, he really lives and breathes the game) he's done nothing to wrong the club or its fans. Why just take the Scottish media's word for it when the much more likely reason is something else? The willingness to * on our own is just unreal sometimes.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nope sorry.

One was a star player who we owned and he ditched us at half time in a cup game.

One hasn’t been favoured by our current manager, isn’t guaranteed a place in the team, has a relationship to keep with the national team, had a real decision to make which might have been made for him due to two organisations trying to make a deal.

So, so different.

Spring Time likes this.