1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    nothing worse when your roughing it,then its treat day and you make a blunder and don't enjoy it, a need to pick my treats wisely these days.:56:apart from that your doing well keep it up.:50:maybe your best weighing yourself once a week.i had a habit of doing it every day.pain in the *.

Norm Peterson likes this.
  2. Norm Peterson

Yeah, from now on each Friday night and Saturday will be my '* it' day, I'll not eat anything too untoward but I'll eat relatively normal, same goes for having a few beers too! See the thing is, if I weigh myself weekly and don't lose anything, put on weight or don't lose much I'll be much more likely to throw in the towel. Weighing myself each morning helps me watch it gradually come off, or if I put it on it motivates me to lose weight by the day after! A week would probably be too much! :56:

3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Did a 20 minute upper body workout earlier, then went down to local pitches and did a 5k run in just over 22 mins, 20 minutes of sprints and then a very light 20 minute jog (about 3.5 km).

I am fit for the bed now.

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Having a serious cheat day today. Managed to get my weight down a few kgs (under 70 now) by doing cycling and sprints at the gym, barely been eating though and always knackered and probably will pile it all back on on holiday and ma mates stag.
    Need to start eating properly and doing more weights to be strong and in shape rather than skinny.
    Gonny end up like one of those celebs with a fitness dvd out then on the cover of hello magazine at 24 stone a couple of weeks later!

5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Played in a charity fives tournament yesterday and tweaked my hammy. Could be out of action for a week or two. Bummer as its gonna set my fitness back if i can't do any running.

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

So around 7/8 lbs gained on my 2 week holiday bender, not too bad, should lose probably half of that in water weight by the end of next week.

First workout on Tuesday will be horrific though.

7. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    75.3kg (11.8 stone). Hard part is gonna be maintenance, especially since my BMR is a bit screwy at the moment (can't seem to have more than 1800kcals per day, even with an hour of intensive exercise, without gaining a bit of weight).

8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    The missus is looking to get a cheapish decent motorized treadmill as she won't go out running in the street.

Anyone on here got any recommendations roughly roundabout £150-£200 budget??

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Really struggled to get any motivation this week to get back in to a routine.

Went to the gym once, all the other days I have woke up and started to get ready but just went back to bed, diet has been horrific as well.

10. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Haven't hit the gym since grade 10, need to shake myself up a bit and get going.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I love cheat day.

12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    happy with my weight but still got a big stomach.was 15 stone way last year now down to 11.4.but this stomach just wont shift.im exercising plenty and have made longterm healthy changes to my diet.but stuck at 11.4 for about six months,dont seem to making progress on the stomach.

any tips on shedding the stomach fat,was thinking about doing a smoothie diet for a few weeks,would this work?ive tried everything really,although I know I'm doing something wrong as it wont shift.

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I've * lost the plot

14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Do you do any core workouts?

15. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Tuesday done a swim 40 lengths wednesday done core stability class and a yoga class,thursday yoga class,friday swam 40 lengths.

16. TimFloyd Gold Member

What's you calorie intake at just now? And any specific diet you are following?

Could always try

Clenbuterol
    Ephedrine
    Yohimbine hcl

One of the above to break through a plateau lol

ChrisMoh likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If you're able to do some upper body work, it'll at least enable you to retain a decent basr level of fitness.

18. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i dont count my calories,maybe I should.i have cut out bread and fizzy drinks completely,only eat chocolate or ice cream twice a week.i try and stick to eat 3 meals a day with plenty fruit and veg and not eat after 5 or 6 at night,although some nights I cave in.i might go back to proper fasts 6 at night to 11 in the morning,maybe cut out the ice cream & chocolate completely just for a month or two.
    I'm always on the move so when I'm out I always grab a greggs,which works out about 400-500calories for one pastry 4 times a week.maybe pack that in and make my own lunches.

the yohimbe looks interesting and most natural.

19. TimFloyd Gold Member

I would suggest working out your total daily energy expenditure and then calculating your macros, can do both on this site https://www.iifym.com/diet-exercise-calculators/

to get over the final stage of fat loss your diet has to be pretty spot on and you do need to count your calories because as you lose weight, say you have been eating 1900 calories a day and lose a fair bit of weight then great but as time goes on your body will adjust to 1900 calories as being maintenance and in order to lose more weight you will need to drop a couple of hundred calories.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  20. highheidyin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG
    Are Herbalife shakes any good for weight loss guys ?