1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"The PLC"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rosleabhoy, Feb 21, 2014.

Discuss "The PLC" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Getting to me? Denial? I was merely giving you a bit of friendly advice and suggesting you take a break from constantly going over this. So defensive, seriously mate away and enjoy yourself and get that stick out your *.

2. Minimalist

You think this is constant? This is nothing. No problem sir, ill go away and get my gear out for the night and hopefully remove this stick from my *. Happy now? :icon_mrgreen:

3. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fair enough. Voting with your feet is a language that they understand. Part of the problem is that the PLC take the fans for granted but I have to say that not going is a bit drastic for my liking. I havent been over now since Lennon's last season. Not by choice or anything just that I dont have the same amount of time to get away and weekends that we go over doesnt suit etc. I reckon I will get over the the first home qualifier next season if all goes well.

4. Minimalist

Were you against the drop in attendances during the 90s?

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Away you and yer wee pal * off up on to Brokeback Mountain where you can start yer poofy wee He-Man Lawwell Haters Club.

"Lawwellites" :56: Yous two clowns have been found talking more * than any * sitting on our board :rolleyes:

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Homophobic slurs. You're counter arguments are actually becoming more thoughtful and coherent. I do not support any sort of boycott offical or otherwise. The fact is that since the Mowbray season we have lost thousands of season book holders who have never come back. Why is this? I'll tell ye. It's part economic but also part of it is to do with how the club is being run. Why downsize the team but not downsize the ticket prices?

All I have to say is thank * for Neil Lennon. If it wasnt for him and the foundations that he laid we would be feeling the effects of this policy a lot more. Look at his signings and the European money he brought us. Also Leigh Griffiths. Terrific signing.

If Lawwell would have done things properly and gave Lennon the means to properly strengthen his side, like giving him all the money he earned us to pump back into the first team squad then we would talking about our fifth straight CL campaign. These qualifications alone would have brought back loads of season book holders and if we had a team of seasoned CL performers then more tickets would be sold for next year with sevco in the top league. Success brings the punters in. Lawwell has implemented a policy where he is trying to win the league and qualify by doing the bare minimum. It has been proven that he is mistaken. You take it personally for some reason. As if telling the truth is some sort of attack on our club. Lawwell is not the club nor is his * policy dogma. Open your eyes and remove your head from your backside.

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

It's hard to argue with this, in all honesty. I probably agree with most of what Og says. But there's defo a part of him that likes the winding everyone up.
    Plays all you so easy at times :smiley-laughing002:

8. wulliebad

Boring pretictable crap in every thread on TC...same people same * same name calling and insults and same old arguments......its become so boring on here and its a real shame.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  9. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    You undermine your own argument there with your subtle wee dig. Lets call a spade a spade you are only directing it one way as well. Never mind that your bitter wee buddy started it with language that could be considered homophobic and bigoted, well it would be if I was that way inclined but that poster does not know me so from his point of view it could be true.

There is a collection of posters on here who go out of their way to steer discussion over our failure in policy away and if they cant do that they shoot the messenger and divert the talk sideways through a troll fest. I am aware of the tactics but am still guilty of feeding them because I often feel the need to defend myself if personally attacked.

In the case above all I did was tell the truth about our policy. That's it. I understand some people are uncomfortable with inconvenient truths but that's not my problem. The fact that you do not want to hear it is irrelevant to me. If you want to live in fantasy and pretend things are different to the reality that's up to you but if you are going to do that please stay out of my way.

10. Minimalist

The truth bothers them, its incredible. Its not in their interest to admit that the policy is counter-productive. It has to be repeated and repeated for them to come out of the hallucination. You know its in full effect when some resort to personal attacks and digs. They'll be having a great laugh at us in the group section of the forum. As you stated buddy its not our problem that we can look at the structural evidence and question the Clubs operations, its our fault were not a robot and we must submit to the Lawwellism.

11. wulliebad

No actually im not directing it one way....because it takes two to argue......everyone is to blame for letting this * go on and on and on and on.

12. Minimalist

I don't think you're actually comprehending what I am posting in this thread. Theres posters literally denying facts and getting hurt and emotional when questioning the Board.

13. wulliebad

Life is too short.

14. Minimalist

Excuse me?

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

We've been * trying to excuse you for months, so pack it in now.

16. Minimalist

Excuse from what?

17. Minimalist

I think after that result Lawwell should take home £2m, after all hes infallible, he never appointed the dud Deila. He never appointed the scouts, he never appointed the backroom staff.

Hope Lawwell stays with us for another 50 years. Hes a real Celtic man and if you think otherwise you're obviously a Hun :50:

18. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    Since a warning was given out on the Brendan Rodgers thread.

Well, if I was in Lawwell's position and you're asking me, I don't see why not.

Nah I disagree on this principle: he's constantly on about us moving to England for that purpose, im under no illusion that if we went down South, got our feet settled, done well, he would sell his shares for a massive payout. This link proves it ->

The relevance is that the Board do not simply care what we think, only when its obvious, like the time we failed to get into the CL under Deila, Lawwell spouted out nonsense like we cannot afford Robert Snodgrass because he went for 'x' amount. I mean, no one even advocated for Snodgrass to get bought. It's nothing more than sensationalism to deflect their failings.

That's fair enough, I accept that point, this is my perspective, Lawwell 2017 Salary - £1,167,411 - Bonus - £890,000 = £2,057,411.

Ivan Gazidis, the highest paid out of Arsenal, from financial results 2017, got paid £2,145,000 (salary and bonus). The second highest for Arsenal was Kenneth John Friar £664,000 for salary and bonus.

He's on double since the offer and is under £100k off the highest paying director in England, which is the most inflated League in the World.

I'm under no illusions that he knew he would get a better deal staying with us hence why he is paid so outrageously. Why move to Arsenal when you can get nearly exactly the same at Arsenal? I just bursts the whole 'he knocked back Arsenal because he loves Celtic etc'. Just don't buy into it and if that isn't enough evidence to reason with you and any other supporter in here regarding what you are stating then comparing the figures of his salary compared to Arsenal's directors right now, knowing he gets nearly exactly the same, then it's pointless even debating it.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Minimalist has his own little thread now.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I did say when the results where released that I thought £1.17m salary and basic bonus for Lawwell was a bit too much at the time, totally missed the long term bonus of £800k plus, he does do a grand job at Celtic most of the time but that’s £2m going out the door on the CEO plus over £2m on the manager (Brendan moneybis well spent) no wonder operating costs have gone up, I don’t think Lawwell should be getting a £800k plus bonus based on the teams performance on the pitch he couldn’t even find us a CB in August! Don’t normally get involved with the financial side of things with Celtic but * me £2m plus for a ceo of a Scottish side is a bit excessive for me.

littlekennie and EndThePLC like this.