1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Probably the worst thing I've ever seen you post fella :56:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s gonna be the best fight this year. :56:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I still remember the fight I had with my teenage daughter last year wanting me to pay to watch these two fuckwits scratch each other eyes!

It was far more violent than these two closets! :56:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well worth the money in the end. :56:

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Big Fury looks shocking here, belter of a cut aswell.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Really good fight I think, Fury warming up a bit now but fair play to the other guy, looks sharp, aggressive a bit dirty as well with the head and grabbing and that swipe he took at the cut lol

Would like to see more of this Wallin.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would like to see Wallin against Joshua, big *, quick, aggressive, decent boxer, willing to rough * up and gave a good account of himself, started the first 3 or 4 well, got the cut which has hampered Fury a little and stayed in the fight well since although seem to be just trying to survive now but not really being outclassed that much.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Hope Wallin doesnt get kod in the last here as it will look bad on a good performance but the way hes fought he'll probably go for a ko himself.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Good fight probably about 8-4 to Fury in the end, best performance i've seen against him though. Wallin deserves more bigger fights i'd never heard of him but he looked as good here as Ruiz did against Joshua a step above a lot of the heavyweight dumplings who barely move or throw a punch.

Looked better to me than guys like Parker, Povetkin, White.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Lecs

* fell asleep with this on. I'll need to watch it properly this morning

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Enjoyed the fight, guy was a bit out of order with that rake.

Put up a good show though, Fury did well as that was one bad * cut, but would that be enough against a Wilder, not for me. Seemed to get clocked in that last round but the guy had nothing left.

12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Fury didn't look too clever there, nowhere near his best, h seemed slow and ponderous at times. Hopefully the Wilder fight does go ahead next, assuming Wilder beats old man Ortiz.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Overworked by the looks of it big Fury.

He'll have learnt plenty though about prep and himself - he continues to prove he's a proper fighter even in adversity.

14. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Im growing to like Fury. Problem is if a guy of that standard can tag him and noticeably hurt him then if Wilder gets another shot at him and does the same then its game over. Throughout his whole career fighters have caused him bother. Even as far back as fighting John McDermott for the British title. He's always got hit. He rarely wins comfortably (apart from against that Tom Swartz). If your gonna get hit then big punchers will knock you out i.e Ortiz, Wilder, Big Baby Miller. One punch and its game over. I dont think he'll get off as easily against Wilder the next time

cidermaster likes this.
  15. Nasser

Fury's cut is brutal, he should have a big lay off until that heals otherwise that could become a big problem in future fights. He might need 6 months for that to properly heal.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Conversely Wilder won't be fighting a big fat guy just off the pies and cocaine. Who beat him BTW. John McDermott was when he was like 20 or 21 and he was already a much better fighter by the time he TKO'd him less than a year later. He was also the 1st guy he never knocked out.

Wallin was arguably his worst performance at the weekend and he still beat him convincingly from the middle to the end of the fight.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Never watched the fight after that Schwarz one. Just a ticking over exercise..

Wouldn't take much away from it either. Hard to get up for these with what's at stake. He knows how superior he is so it's no surprise hearing it wasn't pretty..

Those couple of cuts are horrific but. Probably as bad as it could've been for him whilst winning..

Leave it to heal properly (hopefully), ready to box the ears of the big dosser across the pond next year..

18. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Wallin was his worst performance in a long time. Fury had so much of height and reach advantage over the guy and was still eating up right hands off him a good few times. He shouldnt be getting hit like that by a guy who in order to get near Fury and beat the height advantage would have to telegraph his right hand coming through Thats what Im talking about. Imagine if it was Wilder's right hand and no Wallin's. The first one would have probably done it. And Wilder wouldnt have the same height and reach disadvantage that Wallin had

I didnt agree with his dad though that he's a 19 stone fighter and that he was breathing out his * after the first two rounds cause he'd lost too much weight. Fury looked dangerous when he was panicking and going for the knockout. Wallin done well to take the onslaught. Fury looked fast and dangerous. That type of speed came through not having an extra stone to carry around the ring. Sometimes his dad can be too hard on him I think

19. Keano88

Nigel Benn fighting Sakio Bika at the end of November.

Can’t see that ending well for him at 55.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good fight that..

Rate Alfie Sharp. Was getting beaten to the punch and looked out of idea's though and rumbled by Geraghty who was slicker and quicker. Geraghty was getting overconfident and maybe cocky though by the fourth, was right fancying it and got careless swinging inside..

Was stumbling in to shots. That knockout was beautifully timed though..

No seen Sharp in a bad fight yet. Technically quality and going somewhere..