1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Neil Lennon have been allowed to bring in his own assistants. Are Duff and Kennedy up to it?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by moravcik1888, Aug 20, 2019.

Discuss Should Neil Lennon have been allowed to bring in his own assistants. Are Duff and Kennedy up to it? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Damien Duff was originally brought in to coach the Youths. He was absolutely delighted to get a coaching role at a club as big as Celtic considering he had no previous coaching experience, yet somehow he now finds himself standing in the dug out next to the manager as Celtic first team coach. This is a guy with almost no coaching experience, I find that very worrying.

John Kennedy. Nobody actually knows how good this guy is at his job because the manager takes all the criticism while Kennedy stands in the background. Maybe he's a very good assistant manager but its very difficult to say. Apparently Celtic have 'plans' for Kennedy, meaning they plan to have him as Celtic manager in the future, only then will we really see how good Kennedy is. For now he is a 'work in progress'.

So Lennon has a 'work in progress' and a inexperienced coach as his two lieutenants. He was not given the choice of bringing in his own people. In his previous stint as Celtic manager he was allowed to bring in Johan Mjallby, Alan Thompson and the highly rated Garry Parker. Im have my doubts Duff and Kennedy are providing the support, experience and knowledge that Mjallby, Thompson and Parker would give. Lennon is already coming under a lot criticism and he is going to need a strong backroom team to help him, I dont like the look of what he has, nowhere near enough experience.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019