1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by stirfry999, May 28, 2007.

Discuss Robbie Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wilkie1888

Fair enough keanos scores but he should hes getting 65 k paid twice more than any1 else and we suck up his * for 90 mins..

We need to get behind the full team

2. CelticFC1967

Happens all the time - McGeady gets far more preferential treatment than anyone else - sammy is booed for a poor shot when Mcgeady misses about 5 and gets applauded. Its the way it is - his choice to play for ireland has made him untouchable,similar to Keane and, to a lesser extent, O'Dea

3. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Was planning on saying the same!

4. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    cant dis agree with that

agreed but it is hard when they canae even string 4 passes the gither

<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->

5. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'll agree with the O'Dea statement, but I will say one thing about him.

When he first broke through, he did show tons of potential. He was committed, had heart, and would fight for every single thing thrown at him. Now...well, he's just went backwards. I don't know if maybe playing alongside Thompson is affecting him, but the fight from him doesn't seem to be there at all anymore.

6. CelticFC1967

i agree at first O'Dea looked promising - the sort of no-nonsense defender we needed but he has struggled ever since the start of the 2008/09 season

7. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Keanes goal ratio enables him to get slack for misses

8. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    The thing with CB's in my opinion is that having a decent build can only take you so far.

The passion for a fight is only finite as well and can't be consistent through a season.

What finished off O'Dea and McManus in my book is they have almost zero game intelligence. On a good day they will win their one on ones, and boot the * out of the smaller strikers. But the experienced, more technical or simply better quality players will run rings around them.

I think Weir and Stubbs are fine examples that a good (scottish based) CB needs to spend his developing/prime years playing against the best in the world (Bergkamp, Cantona, Owen, Zola) rather than developing their mind playing against the likes of Kevin Kyle or Darren Mackie...

9. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Out of interest, how many pens? :icon_mrgreen:

10. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No it doesn't.

Go and look up his stats. Goal scoring opportunities, shots on target, shots off target, all that stuff.

Then you'll see he is incredibly over-rated. It is just cos he's from the "Mother Land".

11. samson81

Fav Celtic Player:
    It certainly isn't Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    You must have doen that quite a lot this season. How many times has he been through on the keeper and hit it off his legs??????

His finishing, or decision making at shots can be laughable. Against Hearts at Parkhead, he missed umpteen chances. If it was Sammy or Fortune, there would be Thread lookig for them to be punted.

For someone on 65k a week, he should be scoring with EVERY shot in the SPL

12. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wouldn't go that far. He is far and away our best striker.

It's annoying that he doesn't get the same stick as Sammy and Fortune for missing the same kind of chances. If anything you'd expect him to get MORE stick because he's a better player and should be tucking them away!

In this case I wouldn't say it's to do with ireland more to do with how unpopular Sammy and Fortune are.

13. JamesyW88

Im not completly convinced on Robbie Keane, 12 in 13? yeh ok how many pens? how many tap ins? think theres maybe 2 individual peices of class out of that 12 for 65k a week?

Iv seen some of the sitters he's missed and its totally aweful cant believe them, i mean the other night McGuinn crossed the ball into him no one round about him and he mess's it up. Im not convinced by him at all thinks he can look down on the other players and blame them when he makes mistakes, iv seen him looking at the other players when he mess's up as if *?.

14. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    wel we wer all moaning when mcdonald and robson and sammy and fortune were missing the pens

and we were also moaning when sammy fortune killen and mcdonald wernt there to tap them in so aparently you just cant win

15. JamesyW88

For 65k a week i want more than tap ins n a rolly polly.

16. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Jeez!! He's another Samaras!

17. CelticFC1967

the point is that you need to get into the positions to score the tap-ins. FS it was only 3 months ago the fans were moaning because no one was scoring the poachers goals. Yet now someone is he is getting slated and all because he is on wages our club agreed to pay. Not his fault he is on those wages. He is a good player, not a great player, but definately better than most in the SPL. His main problem is that he does miss a lot of sitters when through on goal yet no fans really have a go at him like Sammy or fortune

18. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    who gives a * a tap in or 40yard screamer = 1 goal plain and simple

if he was banging them in leading us to a title you wouldnt have that attitude the simple fact is his team mates have let him down i'm not saying he totally blameless but if he gets supplied with desent passes and crosses he will score

19. kierancfc

Have to agree with you, i don't really like his attitude towards other players when they make a mistake. He has missed alot and i mean alot of absolute sitters since he came here, he's crap one on one with the keeper in my opinion. Good footballer but thinks he is better than he really is and i think alot of people on here think he is better than he really is also. He can't get a game for Spurs, says it all really...

20. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    OK here's the stats for all goals in all comps:

[​IMG]

12 goals, 3 of them being pens. Not sure about appearances, sorry.