1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

RB Leipzig v Celtic, UEFA Europa League, Thurs 25 Oct 17:55, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Oct 20, 2018.

Discuss RB Leipzig v Celtic, UEFA Europa League, Thurs 25 Oct 17:55, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Roskopicachu

We should've matched up to them, but instead played a zonal game and missed Forrest and Brown big time. Others need subbed if they're giving up the ball, but you can't sub someone 25minutes in. So you take the hit so as not to embarrass anyone and 2-0 isn't a complete embarrassment. Think we're worried about this Hearts game and this first half of the season is a really tough run of games.
    What i'd say is Brendan needs to use the whole squad because without Scott Brown the person to maybe have brought in is Scott Allan, especially if you want to play a long ball game maybe. Lots of changes and some good albeit frustrating experience for everyone, but hopefully we can make up for it at the weekend.

2. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

We know yer daft, good as daft as the rest of us daft Celtic fans. Hail hail:ynwacelti

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Away back in yer box ya negative *.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The idea that we can’t match these teams is nonsense, Salzburg’s squad cost less than we paid for edouard. The fact is that these clubs have far superior coaches and scouting, paying millions for Aberdeen and Dundee players isn’t going to cut it.
    The idea that clubs on the continent have it easier because of work permit rules is rubbish too, you can get a permit in Scotland if your club make the case that you’ll be better than what’s already here. All this combined with the fact that we seem to have a team of shitebags and heads go down as soon as we concede. The fans deserve so much more than what we get.

6. Martybhoy53

"Boyata was outstanding" BR I disagree with him there.

7. strike twice

That was a real damp squib of a performance . It's so very frustrating watching that tonight . Look , I know that we were missing various players , but when we are trailing 2 - 0 late on it looked like we were just going through the motions . We should have supported Eddie up front a bit more . And I for one , wouldn't mind firing the ball forward in desperation ( losing away is not a crime , but no plan b and little fight is ) when chasing the game . Even if it's just trying to force our opponents into a mistake . I was exited to receive my ticket for the reverse fixture earlier today , but the feeling has evaporated now . At least we still have a chance to qualify in Europa league if results go our way . The fans deserve a lift after that game tonight , I hope it comes in the form of a resounding victory on Sunday . One last point , could we get the scientists who cloned Dolly the sheep to work on cloning Broony ? He's the beating heart of the team !

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Whoever he brings in on jan they need to be leaders . Without brown we severely lack leadership

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Since when, which games has he been *?

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He didn't say that did he? Worst Boyata has played in a while.

11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I hope Fulham were listening and not watching and come calling with a nice new year bonus!!!!

12. Martybhoy53

Yes BR said Boyata was "outstanding". Another one of his many baffling post match comments.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oi :ranting2: You are supposed to stop at '* off and support Real Madrid.' Barca are nothing like Madrid * :redcard:

14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We are at our worst when we play teams that are should be within our range I.e. teams that are slightly better or slightly worse than ourselves on paper. We should be making games out of the likes of Salzburg, Athens, Gladbach, Leipzig, Anderlecht, Zenit.

I’m not saying necessarily beat these teams but make a game of it. These are the games where we actually seem to get done like kippers more than against the top teams tbh.

We are so so poor at any European level.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Stats are like skirts, whenever you see them popping up there's usually a complete * behind them.

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye you've already said that, you're boring me now. Cheerio.

17. JamesM09

I think the scouting has been really poor in the last few years and that's what we're seeing here. Time for the chief executive to step in and earn his salary. Get the right men in to support the manager.

18. jay62

started out great , couple of defensive brainfarts and then no response. bitterly disappointed but we are missing some key players, so im trying my best to stay positive , but its no easy. hearts game will tell me if i,m using the rope or not

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The majority wanted us to rest players for Hearts, so what is there to moan about..:39:

HTG likes this.