1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Celtic chat

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Captain Brown, Nov 4, 2016.

Discuss Random Celtic chat in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Maybe not on the pitch during a game,but he (Brown) has during training.

2. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I just think it looks stupid having that long sleeve without the hoops poking out from under the jersey. What is the point of it exactly?

3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It keeps you warmer.

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's the recent trend of "under armour". Performance enhancing compression wear really. Allegedly helps reoxygenate the muscles and is good for preventing injuries and recovery.

They are actually really good at soaking sweat off your body too. Some people will wear them just to keep warm really.

5. seanleflem

I've been looking at the teams that have completed a season unbeaten;
    AC Milan, Juventus, Arsenal, Benfica & Porto , also the 2 top teams in Romania and thats it.

Also in many of these cases a lot of games were drawn, so this season I am getting excited about Celtic setting a marker that will put us right at the top of this table.

There is only one team ahead of us in the longest unbeaten run list (Steaua Bucharest) and since they had help from Ceausescu, including when they went through a season unbeaten, if Brendan can lead the team to the title unbeaten this year I believe we can call ourselves the most successful team in Europe.

6. davidhannah

Youtube is fantastic. You can have a look at the full match of Manchester United 3-4 Celtic, Giggs testimonial. 2-0 Celtic 3 minutes in, 25,000 Manchester invasion, the whole game is played like a cup final, the champions, the fans what an occasion!

packybhoy and KRS-1888 like this.
  7. Bumblebee

I was always the same when we played the old club was never confident of a win, I just couldn't be form went out the window in those games. Strangely enough new club and all that I still feel that same way.

It is like you say though it makes the win feel all the better, although I wouldn't call it negativity just a little cautious and not being too over confident.

8. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    @davidhannah

I was at the match fell out with the gf in the hotel at the time n ended up on the steps of the gmex boozing with a crowd till 7 am before heading back to hotel

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some * is on the glue at Celtic's twitter wi these boots

IMG_8739.PNG

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For fuxk sake Celtic!!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I seen that earlier. Who runs the Twitter? That was no mistake.

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  13. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    A few observations (No1 is PURELY PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE and NOT NECCESARILY MY OWN OPINION) :50:

1. Is the club marketing department and PR stunts a bit smalltime (selling the 5-1 win DVD vs The Hun!) and in danger of OVERKILL with the 1967 / 50 year celebrations? Of course being proud of your football club, its achievement and history especially that as big as 11 local lads winning footballs biggest club trophy against the all time greats of Inter , BUT it has to look to the future too and not overkill past achievements. Doing well in Europe should gradually become the norm for a club like us and battering our local rivals should be meat and drink particularly at the moment with how * and cringeworthy they are. As I say, PURELY PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE HERE/Just an observation.:)

2. Why when I was at the game the other night was the a decent proportion of the standing section in 111 empty and supporters from the seating sections nearby not allowed over to join in and fill up the gaps?

3. Why is a club with 50,000k+ season ticket holders got attendances under that for mid week games? I dont understand?

Just points for discussion/debate, I love our club and I want others to be able to love,cherish and respect it too. :D:ireland::shamrock:

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

PURELY PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE and NOT NECCESARILY MY OWN OPINION

Do you understand how momentous the 67 achievement (s) were?

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    1. Club has came on leaps and bounds in terms of PR. I'll never get tired of celebrating/commemorating 1967.

2. You need a 'standing ticket' to be in there.

3. Weather, time of year, opponent, it's midweek, travel etc. Pretty obvious is it not?

ScouseHoops likes this.
  16. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Of course. As I said in my original post it was 11 lads born not far from Celtic's ground defeating some of the greatest italian players ever, coming from behind and defeating the 'Cattenacio' of Herrera and becoming the first British club to win the European Cup.

I get that. I also have tremendous respect for our ex players who participated in that as they are great ambassadors for the football club, its potential, traditions and past glories.

I'm merely suggesting selling 5-1 DVDs over rivals we should take as standard to be mauling on the field and bordering on overkill from days gone by could be perceived by non Celtic supporters as a bit nostalgic and holding onto past glories.

As for me, I'm watching the 67 DVD and film now and savouring and loving every moment.. Proper proud of those players.:ynwacelti

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You missed the S
    And the way they played

18. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Sure, we dominated domestically across the board and won the CL. Thats a feat I dont think any team will do again as its so hard to fight successfully on all fronts now going by the last few years.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It's a better feat than you think mate

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    5-1 DVD was a bit * in my opinion too.

What you're saying though, of course non-Celtic fans would see '67 stuff as ott and they will get sick of it, the "overkill" as you put it is probably not even seen by them. For us Celtic fans there can never be too much of relishing our past and basking in the glory of it. It's in part of our make up, our songs, our being.

Just wait until May next year and then they'll start getting their knickers in a twist. Right now I haven't seen anyone be that bothered about it amongst other supporters.

ScouseHoops likes this.