1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I te remember watching a few of Si Ferry’s interviews with Ex-Celts like Mulgrew and Watt etc. They were saying that from the midfield up at least, Lenny didn’t really have a specific system. He sort of let them loose, which could be seen in the first few league games and even against Cluj. I think that’s better, lads like French Eddy, Jamesy, Christie and Ntcham (When he gets up the pitch) are quality enough that they can develop a chemistry and understanding without a system or tactics being put in place by the manager. That was half the problem at the end of Rodgers’ tenure, the “tiki-taka” football became overly elaborate and made the attack turgid and stale.

Mickmac likes this.
  2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny knows football as his punditry highlights when he has been in that position

If we are going to win the TEN then i can't think of any manager who could make it worse for the Hun Hordes.
    We all want 10IAR but the thing they fear most is that Lenny is the man that delivers.

After that, i think he should move to England as their hatred will go off the scale

3. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    ...remember when rangers fans were laughing at us appointing Lennon

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon has been named the Ladbrokes Premiership Manager of the Month for August. The Irishman picked up the first award of the 2019/20 season for Celtic’s excellent league start to the defence of their title and their bid for nine-in-a-row.

Neil Lennon led Celtic to three league wins from three in the month of August, the first of which was a 7-0 thrashing of St Johnston at Paradise on the opening day of the season. The champions followed that up a week later with a 5-2 win away to Motherwell before defeating Hearts 3-1 at Celtic Park on August 25.

The Manager of the Month award is specifically in relation to Celtic’s league results, but Neil Lennon’s team also impressed in European action towards the end of the month, qualifying for the group stages of the UEFA Europa League after defeating Swedish champions AIK 6-1 aggregate.

And the Irishman also got the month of September off to a strong start as Celtic claimed a convincing victory in the first Glasgow Derby of the season as they took all three points with a 2-0 win at Ibrox.

The 48-year-old has now won the Manager of the Month Award in the Scottish top flight 12 times - including once with Hibernian - with the first award coming back in September 2010.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

Well-deserved.

Rydo1888* and Whoflungdung like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They have literally given him that hoping the manager of the month curse strikes again.

I mean he's been a disaster lads right? Why else would they give him this award?

There's not many on here who would give Neil Francis Lennon manager of the month going by the past 3 week's

Pogues likes this.
  8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Is getting bombs in the post and attacked during a game no “off the scale”? :giggle1:
    Well deserved Lenny :62:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely look forward to more of the same.

10. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Well done Lenny, HH.

n' wee slippy will get get 'manager of the year', fighting for 2nd or 3rd place in the league and
    managing not to get skelped buy 10-12 points come the end of this season.

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Doogs.

I think if Lenny gives us the 10 then things will get worse for him .. but only if he remains in Scotland, The Hun Hordes hate Kaffliks, they hate the Irish but if there is one thing that they hate most and that is the Unrepentant * * named Neil Lennon

He got those bombs and assaulted when Celtic were just starting out on this run , so yeah, i really think things are gonna get worse for him

Doogs. likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Great work Lennon. Keep it up

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "It was a team effort. The players have been magnificent. My backroom team should take a huge amount of credit. It’s been a superb effort in a very demanding month

NL: "We’ve played well, scored goals, the performances and quality has been excellent. It’s been a great start to the season but that’s all it is, a very good start."

NL: "It’s been a very good window. I’m very pleased to get
    @Moielyo
    in, it gives us another attacking option. The two young lads are ones for the future or with the talent they have they could make an impact this season. We’re very pleased with the business we’ve done."

NL: "
    @GregGregtaylor
    is the icing on the cake. I’m very pleased to get a very consistent player at this level. He’s already an international and looking forward to him developing into an even better player than he already is.

NL: "We had to bolster the defence and we’re seeing the fruits of that now with the performances from the new players. Moritz has come in later so he’ll embed himself in and hopefully be a good addition."

NL: "We’re in a good place but we’re not taking anything for granted. All it is is four games in and four wins. We just want to maintain that rhythm."

15. Keano88

Well deserved :50:

Played some excellent stuff.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Well done Lenny, always said you were the right man fur the job. :50:

:67:

17. saltire78

Don't want to like that (like giving a thumbs up on fb to some * story that's accurate!), but it's unfortunately very true... as we begin to pull away I expect them to go feral on him. He's in for a terrible new year when we * them over again. And their team doesn't look worth * for 3 games in 8 days on Europa weeks

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Lennon wants it the exact same as me you & Irene ?

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. joemc

Proves 1 thing, that if a few people true fans or rivals masquerading as fans come on and start * about players or manager,then some buy into it ,it starts to become something and grows legs so easily ,we all have opinions on things but it takes weak people to change their views on things after a few rants by others and join the baying hordes ,stay strong see the bigger picture and remember,all great things are brought down from the inside out .