1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnifiseven- BT programme, Saturday 6pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Jun 9, 2018.

Discuss Magnifiseven- BT programme, Saturday 6pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Given the context, that's very debatable.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

Ronny will always divide opinion. Personally I feel he does get a hard press and a lot of things did go against him such as crazy refereeing decisions and the disallowed Lustig goal away in Malmo, who knows how that would have formed the rest of that game.

Overall, he's part of the history now and deserves full appreciation from everyone once we hit 10 for his role and efforts in getting us there in the same way as the players who potentially weren't very warm to him such as Commons, Mulgrew, Stokes etc. will deserve.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

did we ever find out if anyone was spilling stories to the press ?

it was painful the last season under him the players were like just going through the motions for most of the season

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

For anyone who missed it

UpHigh, Crilly, packybhoy and 14 others like this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I thought Ronny was very candid although I do agree it did seem a bit harsh to say Virgil was lazy as I hadn't noticed that about him at all. He only seemed to mention fitness once and he said the culture of players communication was different from that in Norway were he experienced more back and forth of ideas but this highlights he wasn't good enough for a club as big as Celtic and I think he did admit that towards the end of the interview.

I felt gutted for him when talking about the outrageous handball decision preventing the treble, "there was like 7 referees and they didn't see that? I don't understand how that is possible." Welcome to Scotland Ronny :56:

I've never supported a struggling manager more than Ronny though because when we played well it was excellent football like the Inter game.

So I'll always respect him even though he was out of his depth he freely admits it and it was a shambolic decision by the board to be honest. Did he only meniton Kennedy when he said he had good people about him? I didn't hear Collins name although the volume was quite low.

Brendan's comment about it being a pity we didn't score more in the 5 0 League Title win against the huns was brilliant :giggle1:

Love Lenny and enjoyed his interview, looking at his eyes you can see Celtic flowing through his blood and I would also welcome him back if/when Brendan leaves, especially if we're still on for 10iar. Lenny would be the man to deliver that if we needed someone.

That penalty miss against the huns was a killer for him. As he said we could have been on 8 now. But he was tactically astute and delivered our greatest nights in Europe for a long time, games that will be remembered for a long time too. He knew how to win but I'd also say he had the best team out of the 3 managers.

I loved Lenny's half time talk against Killie, 3 0 down and 15 points behind, "Lads, if you want me here on Monday, you better turn this around. Then I walked out." :notworthy

Here's hoping St Brendan can do something special this year, just qualifying would be great but getting to the last 16 would be incredible as the gap has widened in these last few years. He's done not bad considering McGregor was a foot away from getting 3rd place first season and we got that second season. Recruitment is going to be essential though.

I don't know how you do it Notorious but you always turn up with the goods :60:

6. TheHappyLoss

Must be something about the Irish managers, could listen to Lenny, Brendan and Martin all day, all great talkers

StPauli1916 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. leeso-ardoyne

* legend! Was just about to write where the * is crow with the link for this. Just after big dirty chinese and now sitting down to watch this. Cheers!

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Enjoy.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * accurate as *.
    Goal kick to a full back, pass across defence, pass to CM, pass across to other CM, pass to winger, winger gets doubled up on so pass across the three behind the striker and then back again.

Gyp Rosetti and Lilac Wine like this.
  10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    The Ronny Roar was cringey and tried to make up for his inadequacies as a manager , sure he got us 2 titles but was way out his depth. Rodgers is an elite manager.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Cmcgregor90

Ronny was decent and gave a good interview on how it was we all know what went wrong but good to here him tell it outright. Hes a decent guy who will be part of our history and doesnt deserve half the stuff that people say against him

Lennon on the other hand giving it the no competition edge pish got to me i get the guys suffered from depression etc and maybe thats what he means by it he always loves a challenge but he ruiend it for me in all honesty he should learn to keep his mouth shut at times

12. dmccourt95

Big Ronny telling van Dijk how it is was class haha

13. Cmcgregor90

Turned into a total ronny bashing thread as you could predict!

He even admitted the second season he felt the title was going to slip so that itself should show people he wasnt as bad as made out to be he also left a lot of players he rodgers has since turned around maybe he did get things wrong with some players played out of position armstrong etc some bad results in europe but if it wasnt for a red card in milan we probably would have progressed to the next round

The guy was out his depth because he was unkown everybody has to start somewhere the pressure here made him leave and ofcourse some players attitudes not the results on the field

He was a handball away from a treble as many have said previously last 32 of europa wnd have left us with gordon armstrong brought in tierney and gave mcgregor his chance

It was quite interesting to see tierney was played as a winger and ronny told the coaches hes was a wing back and virgil to man city as he says he was above southampton etc the guy knows his stuff and doesnt get enough credit for it

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Much of that is to do with how teams in Scotland set up, as well. In addition to the quality of the manager.

Because what you just detailed there is exactly how we played this season.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  15. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Love the way Lenny speaks, just so honest and heart on the sleeve.

He must be a great manager to play under, you know his team talks will be sincere.

TheHappyLoss and Lilac Wine like this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You make a good point but I have to agree with both divides, I supported Ronny until the last 4 months because I felt he was so close to flicking a switch and we'd play like we played Dundee every week.

However, og1, bless him, was screaming at us for 2 years that it just wasn't going to happen and even though he maybe went overboard and took many punches for it he was proven to be right in the end.

It's a pity the thread has focused on Ronny but I guess he was one of three in the program and the most divisive of all managers so I can understand it.

I still respect him though and like others was glad to see the fans with the 'Thank you Ronny and Good Luck' banner when we put on that wonderful display he was dreaming about in the last game.

17. Cmcgregor90

He gives it the its not the same attitude bringing them into it. Over the years ive taken a real disliking to him when he starts opening his mouth as a guy and a manager no dought you would yes but hes a bit to honest at times

18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Definitely, it was displayed so prominently when he criticised his Hibs players openly before the big derby with Hearts. He took a lot of abuse in the media for that yet the players responded in style. I was so impressed with that.

19. Cmcgregor90

I sat at that dundee united game firsr game of the season and was excited to think this was what was coming for the rest of the season

People just wanted to bash him left right and centre after a while i always asked the question how we could put on the style like that game and as you said motherwell the last game but after a game or two like that slip out of his plan and under perform etc it was actually mind * in all honesty because you knew we had it to play beautiful football. We all know now it was down to players etc and it will never be forgotten

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. horseshoe

We've been guilty of that plenty this season, loads of side to side passing and no penetration.

When we played well under Ronny we were a joy to watch.

I have to wonder at some folk on here, that talk about him like it was a genuinely dark time for us, we were a bawhair away from a treble, and we actually won the league with a lower points total in one of Lennon's seasons. are they just too young to clearly remember the huns 9 in a row, the raith rovers cup final?

He as much as admitted the job was too big for him in the end, he didn't understand the pressure, that in itself takes some character, look at other people in the game who blame everyone and everything for their failures except themself. He had a philosophy for the game but it didn't come to fruition, but he was the cheap gamble at a time when we could afford to experiment.

Doesn't deserve half the * he takes.

Ciaran_67 and Lilac Wine like this.