1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Priest

So was Griffiths a couple of months ago, said a lot of his improvement as a player was due to working with Collins

2. Dáibhí

Not entirely certain, but to hear Rodgers talk at the press conference it sounds as though Kennedy will be sticking around in some capacity.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

said the other day he was staying on probably be involved with the youth team again.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He said he has his staff in mind, not just assistant.To me that was all but saying it's a done deal, even though he said he expects it done within the next couple of weeks..

To me that said Kennedy, back down to the youth's, although he did praise JK..

5. shaunm

I think he will take Kennedy under his wing,both had similar experiences as young players forced to retire through injury,the guy from Reading, Chris Davies? who has been linked as part of Brendans coaching staff also retired as a young footballer because of an injury.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    As has been said, I'd fully expect him to head back down to the youth's.

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That seems to be the logical move. We never replaced Stevie Frail when he left mid season so there is a spot there for Kennedy to slot back into and in fairness he was doing a very good job with the development squad before he moved up to the first team 2 years ago. Plus the experience he would have gained over the past 2 seasons could only help him do even better with the development squad if indeed he does move back into that role.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

A failed appointment to the first team coaching staff under a failed management team.

if he is to remain here, it should be back down a level - learn from his mistakes and build upon it.

And IF he is to stay here, he best count himself very, very lucky that he did not follow Deila and Collins out the door.......

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

First team coach John Kennedy speaking to the media: "First day has been good and looking forward."

JK: "Brendan Rodgers understands the pressure and wants to dominate in Scotland."

JK: "He wants to fill Celtic Park and get back to the days where we put on a show every week."

JK: "Every manager has a different approach but he’s very good with people. Likeable guy."

JK: "I’ve stayed on as first-team coach. I got a call from Brendan and he said he wanted to keep me on."

JK on @ChampionsLeague qualifiers: "This stage you’re always going in as favourites but we’ll do our homework."

JK: "We’ll make sure we’re fit, strong and won’t take any chances."

JK: "With Brendan coming in it’ll go up a notch with how detailed he is."

JK on players: "Players are looking sharp and they were all excited today. Before we knew it Scott Brown was tackling people."

JK on squad: "We’ve got big numbers but over pre-season there will be plenty games for players to show themselves."

JK: "We have a good group here and after the first training session the manager was impressed."

JK: "He has to assess the squad and start from there."

JK on excitement around the club: "There’s a real excitement as the manager is a big name. Shown in season ticket sales."

JK: "It’s positive for everybody. Last year was a difficult season but still won the league."

JK: "Everyone is really looking forward to what lies ahead."

10. Shaun

The club see him as a good young thinking coach and want to retain his services at some level at the club...I heard...

:shamrock:

11. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    top man crow thanks :50:

12. Shaun

Call Brendan Rodgers mate. Seriously, call the club or email the club and ask. Because all people can give you are possible rumors and maybes. But I the club (Outside Rodgers) see him maybe doing some other age level...

13. Shaun

Because he has a contract, same contract he had before Ronny came mate.
    Clubs call on John. But if Brendon sees he can work with young coaches, as he does, he might let him join the 1st team squad. If so, no harm in that yeah?

14. Shaun

True, but being the coach of the defence means you coach the players the manager gives you, as that is your job. You can only coach the players you are given. You are a bit annoyed at this are you not?

Why mate?
    What if he ends up taking the under 15's and in 5 years time we see some stunning players that are 20 years old. We don't know his role in the club yet. I don't think he is leaving, the club rate him as a youth coach. Like Collins he was given to Ronny.

HH

15. Shaun

Actually Ally McCoist doesn't have the badge to coach ANY team in European games/competition. His assistant had that badge, ex Celtic youth coach had it, so that is the law, as long as one from 3 or 4 coaches have UEFA Badge, manager gets a year or 2 to get his.
    MON Had to go through his when he arrived but Robertson and Steve had European Badges. Leicester played in Europe with MON's staff's badges before they came to Celtic. But when he came to Celtic, Europe was a yearly thing, so he needed to sit/pass his Euro's badges.

16. Shaun

I should have read the full threat before I commented..
    Cheers Crow lol

[​IMG]

17. Cmcgregor90

He worked wonders with the youth squad before he stepped up he's a coach not a defensive coach

18. wulliebad

:56:

Players are looking sharp and they were all excited today. Before we knew it Scott Brown was tackling people."

19. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :rolleyes: what involvement does John have now? Still with the first team?

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't know what it is about him, but his involvement in the side just makes me feel uneasy.