1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, Mar 1, 2017.

Discuss Horizon Zero Dawn in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Installing right now after once again deleting a couple of games, so good time to start a thread.

Expect a lot of this game, so hopefully it won't disappoint. It seems to borrow a lot of other games of the gameplay I saw online, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Let's see if the gameplay doesn't get boring repetitive after a while.

Hope I won't forget the match of tonight.

[​IMG]

2. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The story concept and beautiful world of this game have me hoping this will be good, I've been looking forward to this though i'm usually cautious with new IPs as some games fail to live up to the hype. It seems to be getting praise so far.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Really looking forward to this, but think I'm going to wait it off a little. Pick it up on the cheap later in the year. Got wildlands on pre order for next week.

* me off no end the need to install full games on the ps4, the amount of games I'm deleting and not getting to fully enjoy just to move on to newer games I annoying. So trying to hold off on this one. Is it to be more of a solo player game than online? Like wildlands is more co-op, thus for the short term I'm thinking wildlands while its "hot"

Anyway, aye horizon looks and sound amazing. Hope you enjoy. Game starts in 3 minutes though, so pause it.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

:52::giggle1:

5. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Few hours in (Yes I did forget the match :90:) and I'm impressed this far and I haven't even fought the bigger machines yet.
    Hunting/fighting the machines I encountered this far were quite challenging at the start, but getting the hang of it. Did a few missions, 3 main quests and a side quest. At level 5 right now.
    Story's interesting enough, like the graphics and some decent weapons (+ upgrades) this far.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I was buzzing when it was first revealed. Then I became less and less interested the more I saw of it. The reviews are great and I will get it at some point (probably soon) but I just don't fancy the look of the combat.

7. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Think the combat is quite cool tbh. So far it's exceeding my expectations. Just got to the point where I can go out to the open world on my own and explore it. Excited about it, but have to work tomorrow ffs! If I knew this beforehand, I would have taken the day off.

8. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Downloading it tonight as it got good review but * knows when I'll get round to playing it. Still got dishonoured 2 to play and zelda out this weekend as well.

9. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Was afraid it being hyped too much, but *...haven't been impressed with a game this much since Skyrim.....and maybe GTA V. Love how every machine reacts/attacks and defends differently. And them Tall Necks! * * what a sight. Just had to put down the game at times as I was too excited at times causing me to make silly mistakes.

Sure, maybe it could get repetitive at some time, but don't have the feeling it will. My minds blown.

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

That good Vinnie? I've been excited about the release for a while but decided not to bother getting it at launch.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Is there like settlements/villages in the game?

12. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Read above mate. :giggle1: It's been getting great reviews from most gaming sites/zines. 9.3 IGN, 9/10 Trusted Reviews. 9/10 gamespot. I think it's excellent.

13. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Yes, but don't know how many as I only have a small part of the map revealed.

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I've seen all that and I've watched a lot of the gameplay footage. Not sure why I held off, but I did. Might grab it on my way home today. I'm feeling inspired.

15. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Decided to get this the day after launch. WOW. It's been long since a game has hit the ground running for me. I'm loving the combat and sheer scope & beauty of the world. Aloy is a great protagonist, the tribal society and customs are full of intrigue.

Fans of The Witcher, Far Cry & recent Tomb Raider games will enjoy this.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I've already caved. Just going to buy it.

17. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    fs this game kind of came out of nowhere for me.im usaully quite clued up about my games.looking at the gameplay footage and reading reviews is getting me excited.game looks amazing visaully and the combat looks class.the sci fi machine story line is right up my street too.

18. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

The combat where you need to hit the machine's weak spot(s) and how it attacks differently when you disable certain parts is so well done in this.

19. Moustache

I've only played a few hours so far, but it's been great. It's still early days but, at the moment, it's definitely living up to the hype for me.

Just Kieran likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Played about an hour and a half of it there. Liking it so far.